Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
SIU you bastard, i give up!!
I’ll buy the fast pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
I really liked the artstyle and the voices.´
The story feels a little compressed but i get that some things don't translate as well from medium to medium, and have to be trimmed, as well as having to deal with time and budgetary constraints.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
With the quantity of stuff learned through SIU blog posts and the dozens of characters doing their own things, absent from 100s of episodes, i sometimes wonder if the series would not be better served having SIU as a writer/coordinator and other artists doing their own titles under the umbrella tower of god.
Bonus points for being easier on the man's broken wrists.
Not so much as a marvel/dc thing, more like the hellboy-verse, with mignola or the incal universe with jodorowski.
Is there any example like that in manga/manhwa?

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
I’m surprised that the fanart for tog has more than khunxbam ships and princesses in various states of undress.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lochstep/status/1275101111263940608

This is so wholesome.
I understand people being put of by the start of second season, but for me it is one of the best managed transitions of this kind ( all new characters team).
Even ran, the killua-clone, is cool, especially his dynamic with nobic.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
One of the reasons I like tower of god is because the nobodies and the tower itself are often as interesting as the main plot/chars so i actually like the digressions.
This arc has some issues for sure ( grand spectacle explosions od is real), but the ha family “reunion” strikes a good balance between discovery, character insight and plot advance, unlike kendrick and haratcha, which were interesting but definitely shouldn’t be whole episodes.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
Fair criticisms, and ones i would usually agree on, but i guess i'm too much of a sucker for the "weird rear end place and people " angle, so it keeps being very appealing to me.
One thing i really miss from the earlier arcs is the paneling, it was great even when derivative or obvious in it's inspirations, and it made even the initial art shine, now it's almost generic shinsu goes boom for pages, like you all mentioned, with some exceptions here and there.( besides the chars, i must be the only person who wants to see how narae, the knight and the stupid sniper are now).

Also, fast-pass spoilers, Paul is totally LoPoBia's son right?

Kefahuchi_son!!! fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 2, 2022

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

Jerkface posted:

to me the coolest part of the setting is like the princesses & the ignition weapons & the big fishies & the other irregulars and it sucks that we've gotten so far away from all that.

I want the princess characters to come back and be part of the cast :(

The thing I care abotu the least is all this "army group" non-sense. I could not give less of a poo poo about who is in charge of the "4th army group" or whatever.

Have we? My perception is that, except the ignition weapons, every one of those things you mentioned has been featured proeminently this arc, and the omnipresence of the workshop doings along with the emphasis on soul shennanigans might prove relevant to the weapons.

No Wave posted:

The tower setting actually makes zero sense (post-scarcity warlords with modern technology? where does food even come from and what are people even fighting over?) so the core of ToG is just Baam power scaling with a bunch of stuff slowing him and it down. That's ok, I dont really mind. I think Khun is super fun so it was a waste to have him leave for hundreds of chapters but that's just my opinion.

The appeal of the tower it's being this gigantic, impossible, unknowable thing, not making sense is a feature.
Although i like the plot just fine i think it's the setting that really makes it shine.

I can see how the 4th army stuff people complain could feel dull per se, but, for me, it barely feels like a plot and it's so woven in all the mysteries and background of everything that i don't mind.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
Calling it, the bomb in the cat tower is either inside Fucile, the division commander, or he himself is the bomb .

It's a shame the translation is so lovely, this last few episodes have been very interesting, down to the little details, like the humanity creation story nennen tells seems very relevant to the whole Cha, descendent of the first man, Dowon flower powers, workshop machine aspect .

I'm also very interested in this, and also if leviathan is really eating specific emotions out of Traumerei, or if it's just the translation that could be misread as such.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
He actually "saves" Rachel and grants her 3 still unknown wishes at the end of season 2, and is also the one that is close to being in a war against jahad).

Also, raw spoilers, Rachel entering the tournament for Baam's spouse would be hilarious, even more if Khun is somehow involved. .

I love this series in all it's glorious nonsense.

Kefahuchi_son!!! fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

Ytlaya posted:

I like Rachel and think she is an interesting character.

I also think she is perhaps the most interesting of the cast, in a character-only perspective.

Mulva posted:

I wish all the warriors the greatest honor in their quest for the ultimate waifu.

Current chapters raw, Rachel is trying to be the protagonist of her own story, but also acts in incredibly petty ways and i can see her stomaching being tied to Baam just to deny him something.
I suspect the playing field will be leveled a bit, or even restricted to regulars, as the regular princesses, elaine, and even ehwa are almost assured to take part in some way.

Either way i'm excited for it!!

Kefahuchi_son!!! fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 14, 2022