Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I powered through this pretty quickly and like it quite a lot. However, I will say that I zoned out a bit during some of the Room test chapters and wasn't really liking the new cast or story direction that much. This sort of thing seems to happen a lot in comics with time skips so it wasn't all that unexpected, but at the very least the re-introduction of Koon and company, even if briefly, has gotten me hooked again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm pretty certain that early on in part 1 they explicitly say that no one has ever been to the top.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is the most interesting ToG has been in a very long time.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So that was the arc, huh? Really liked it, overall the best ToG has been in a long time. It'd be loving sweet if Yuri could hang out with Baam for an extended period of time, maybe follow up to that organization she's supposed to be part of, presumably having Baam and all of his friends/groups join.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well this sure has been a rough couple of chapters for ToG.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can't say I necessarily got all of that (had to go back and reread the previous chapter because I kept getting "Arlene" and "Anne" mixed up), but what did get through seems to be a fairly decent explanation that I'm glad to have either way.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I fully admit that I don't really understand the tower topology in terms of Inner-Middle-Outer areas on a given floor. Like I get that you could born on the 133rd floor Outer Tower, but you'd still have to go all the way back down to Floor 1 in order to ascend/descend at all from there. But the whole Middle area aspect is just kind of :confused:

I forget, who else besides Khun and Hwaryun know that Baam is an irregular on his own team?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is this the first time we've seen the human personas of the 13 Month series since like floor 2?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I still giggle thinking about Yuri's little ball/communicator thing (complete with her red spikey hair piece) harassing Endorsi.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maybe it's just the proximity to the Arlene Grace stuff but it feels like Bam has really come into his own, MC-wise, these days.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It makes more thematic sense I think for Rachel to get a thorn so that she actually sort of matters, and then later on at the end she'll receive a mortal blow so she can give it to Baam to go fight Jahad or whatever in some dramatic scene.

It would also make thematic sense for her to fail miserably as well tho.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was some Zoro vs. Mihawk poo poo from early One Piece.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Urek casually tossing Wangnan over his shoulder when he noticed the girls was pretty great.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Shugojin posted:

I still can't handle how much of a goof the strongest active ranker in the tower is
He reminds me of Claire Stanfield from Baccano!.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
loving :lol:, Urek and Yuri are national treasures.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Have a link~

Never thought I'd feel some sympathy for Hell Joe, but those guys seem like jerks!

Also lol at Garam still being all despondent. Guess she thinks she can't take back that lil' ol' speech.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol of course Baam would get another magical bit of BS shoved into him by the end of it all.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Those final few battles sure would've gotten awkward if White did his thing even just a few minutes earlier. I wonder if they'll take care of all that nonsense now or it'll get put off for a big ol' rematch down the line.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol get hosed, Hoaqin

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Next up on ToG, "Ever see the movie Tron?"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This reminds of the Neutral ending you get in Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne when you play the game without adhering to a Reason. The system basically goes "Oh, gently caress you!", and then you punch it to death.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This arc is looking rad as gently caress, just like the Floor of Death. Keep it up, ToG.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is going to be rough for our heroes, the Neutral alignment path is always the hardest route to unlock.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-271/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=352

This week: Khun's tactics/intelligence works both for and against him at the same time, and Baam solves everything so easily it's almost disappointing (but still hilarious).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-279/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=360

Agreed

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That could have gone better.

So many Khuns, so hard to keep track of that messed up family.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Could we finally get to see what Jahad actually looks like??? Young version obviously but still!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I forget some of the rules of this place but is it "die in the game, die for real" ?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I was going to say RIP Yura but I guess that was someone else (the big breeder who wanted to be loved by Yura's mother).

Some/many of the plot threads in this thing are hard to keep track of.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It feels like there's too much world building around the 12 months and stuff for it to be close to ending or anything, but considering everything that has happened in Part 2 they could probably cram plenty to wrap it up in a Part 3/Final.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Does Rachel's stingray still have Jahad's data?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well that all went south in a hurry for most parties involved.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Let out a genuine, audible gasp at the end of that chapter.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The 1,000 or so demons stuffed inside of Senya in Sengoku Youko seemed to figure out a pretty good system or just kind of chilling around.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Catching up, but did SIU really just unceremoniously kill off Yeon? That's a bummer. The series has had a bit of a cast bloat for a while so maybe it was necessary but it still feels unwarranted especially when it didn't really feel like her arc was done.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Very convenient for Baam to have another tournament he can participate in that presumably he will bet w/ Yama on Deng-Deng's freedom.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What exactly is Baam's Regular rank these days? Do we even know?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh huh I saw that announcement elsewhere but just kind of skimmed I guess and missed that ToG was part of it.

Not sure what to expect but I'll absolutely give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol Baam's powers are so freaking cheap.