Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sneaking Mission posted:

buttcon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the entrenched interests of academia. invite yasser arafat to butt con

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quote:

toddbethell, until I see your name attached to anything of relevance to the community (more than an idea here and there), you have to be one of the biggest, and best, trolls on the forums.

I believe you are real person with real agendas, unfortunately most of those agendas seem to deal with whining and unrealistic solutions to problems you are creating yourself.

I also look forward to seeing if you are tied to the current MyBitcoin soap opera in any way

So many great threads to read through when you stop checking the forums daily.

btw todd, my post is semi-loving with you. That Bitcoin Conference is definitely starting to sound like OnlyOneTV conference (I know not your words), however trying to change the conference with this post in a public area, makes no logical sense.

Also, http://fastscanning.com/ has one catchy logo.

anyone who disagrees with me is a troll

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

live butt con: http://onlyonetv.com/watch-live/

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Nevergirls posted:

I'm on chat

im not

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Don Lapre posted:

Wait, is the entire bitcon in that room?

it originally was slated to be, yes

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
I recently wanted to make some purchases to show my good faith in bitcoin from the marketplace, or bitcoin retail online stores.

However, it has come to my attention that pretty much everyone operating a "bitcoin shopping cart" service is merely offering the same items for sale on newegg or amazon or insert big box retailer here, and are charging 15-20% markup (not even including shipping). This is insulting and I would like to point out to everyone else who are bitcoin enthusiasts that we not support these sites taking advantage of people.

I support bitcoin but I will not support ripping people off in its name.

For example just go to https://www.bitporium.com or any other bitcoin retailer you know of. Look at the prices of items from high end to low end and then compare the prices on google shopping or what have you. As long as "retailers" accepting bitcoin are going to operate in this manner, it isnt going to help bitcoin grow at all, if anything it will shrink the potential user base who'd buy items online.

I know everyone has to make their fair share, but current trends are blatantly egregious in my opinion.

(buy a computer case on bitporium for $70 + ~20$ shipping that bitporium buys from newegg for 40$ and ships it to your address instead of theirs)

If you don't believe me, just go add items to your cart and look at the totals before check out, you will be surprised at what some of these "bitcoin community helpers" are attempting to get away with.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
but did you pay with butt coin

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lmao

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
"i hope bit con isnt going to be 7 dudes standing around talking"

:laffo:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

barbarianbob posted:

yeah that was me. getting the code in there wasnt that timthumb hack (i dont think onlyonetv has that installed) or anything exciting, just social engineering. about 2 months back he asked for help to make the chat show to the right of the video instead of below it. i gave him the html code, but added in that script tag.
then i made that script tag poll for updates every minute. so it executed whatever javascript code i put up. so it was p much putting up fun jquery code and waiting up to a minute for everyone to get it.

:ocelot: 55555

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this guy has been talking to this chick for like 2 loving hours

she eventually made this face and walked away

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux posted:

i hope to god that somebody was recording or this gets put up later because there was a moment where she was looking directly at the camera and the look in her eyes... gently caress

yeah that was a half second after that screengrab

it was pretty glorious

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Good Citizen posted:

Did you also do this?

It was this gif tiled for those who missed it:

That was the best thing

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU