Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I’m going to listen to Ween and Zappa all weekend because I’m a weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Beastie posted:

I’m going to listen to Ween and Zappa all weekend because I’m a weirdo.

:respek: are you me

sout
Apr 24, 2014

https://genius.com/Ween-pollo-asado-lyrics
Some useful comments on this page.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Oh poo poo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIwZ4mX6pHY

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

gently caress yes!

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

wow, goddamn, thanks

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

That was really cool seeing such early footage. It must have been pretty cool to have been in New Hope and in the know in the early years.

Now he just needs to release the next part.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

sout posted:

https://genius.com/Ween-pollo-asado-lyrics
Some useful comments on this page.

"The math is poor for the sake of comedy." looool

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Red Rocks just announced Night 2!

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

C'mon east coast shows :pray:

We'll be hemorrhaging money this summer so a Colorado trip is not an option for me. I just hope when/if they come back east it will be solo shows and not part of festivals. I'm way beyond that nonsense.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah as badass as seeing them at Redrocks would be, I've got enough expenses this summer. Just paid off a vacation for the fall and now we've got to get the lady a new car.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I would be tempted to go to the red rocks shows if they were on a weekend but middle of the week kills it for me. Hoping for east coast announcements soon.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Still hoping for a new album, or just a new song...

I love these guys but this is starting to feel like Guns N Roses tour.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bit the bullet and bought a two day pass. Shouldn't be hard to get rid of if I can't make it.

Night 2 would be #10 though and that's rad. :dance:

EDIT: Mannnnnnn, I gotta miss a Sleep show to do this and that's all sorts of bullshit.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 1, 2018

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
My rock2 arrived but I think I like the first one more. The studio versions of some of these songs aren't as good as the live youtube versions that have been floating around.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Can stream it here

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/03/the-dean-ween-group-give-a-track-by-track-breakdown-of-their-new-album-rock2-stream/

Not really feeling the vocal mix on this, kind of weird to have it mixed so low.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
The mix lets a lot of the songs down imo. The horns on Ritz Carlton are so wimpish that the track would be better without them, which is a shame since it's probably the most enjoyable song on there.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

The new Deaner album is on Spotify. Some of the tracks sounded okay, some didn't. The first album was the same for me. I'll probably add the two or three tracks I like to my big playlist and never revisit the whole album again.

Anyway, here's Marble Tulip Juicy Tree live at The Cat's Cradle in 92 because it's loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K4RULaHLi8

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

me your dad posted:

The new Deaner album is on Spotify. Some of the tracks sounded okay, some didn't. The first album was the same for me. I'll probably add the two or three tracks I like to my big playlist and never revisit the whole album again.

Anyway, here's Marble Tulip Juicy Tree live at The Cat's Cradle in 92 because it's loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K4RULaHLi8

The Cat's Cradle album on Spotify is really fun. Big Jilm stands out to me. Also the stage banter is hilarious.

"Hey you, yeah man I like your shirt!"

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah it's not really for me, doesn't really have any of the strangeness that ween has.

Enjoy a version of pumping with Gene on vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyojvI1pyF4

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

New Deaner album is not bad but it’s got a strong dad rock vibe to it that isn’t super interesting. Some of the songs could be fun live and I’m still planning to see DWG in a couple weeks in Brooklyn.

Also, agreed with all of the comments that the mix is weird. I’m no audio engineer and honestly am not super qualified to comment on this but some tracks just sound kinda off.

Continued lack of Ween dates aside from Red Rocks is a bummer. They had announced a ton of shows last year by this time.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hopefully even more shows are gonna start popping up soon!

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

That's good news. I'll be surprised if they come to DC and I'll expect to drive instead to Baltimore or Charlottesville.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Nothing confirmed yet that I've seen, but lotsa rumors flying around about a show at Artpark in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area on July 28th

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It was pricey as hell, but I found a stack of Schnitzel's Shinola repressing on green vinyl at my record store, if any of you were looking for a copy, I'd say check around. The Schnitzel site already lists it as out of print!

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Nothing confirmed yet that I've seen, but lotsa rumors flying around about a show at Artpark in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area on July 28th
There's been rumblings of a Portland date for the last month or two that ended up getting confirmed by the Les Schwab Amphitheater in Bend before any sort of official announcement, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
New tour dates added!
7/24 Agora Theatre - Cleveland, OH
7/25 Express Live - Columbus, OH
7/27 Stage AE - Pittsburgh, PA
7/28 Art Park - Buffalo, NY
7/29 Waterfront Park - Burlington, VT

Presale starts Wed, April 4 at 10am ET (password: GUAVA): http://ween.shop.ticketstoday.com/

Tickets on sale Fri, April 6 at 10am ET at ween.com.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Very cool, but bummed about lack of an NYC show so far.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

How much longer will they be able to keep this up without releasing new material? I've seen them several times post-breakup, and while the shows were ok it just doesn't feel the same. I just can't see them continuing on as a nostalgia act for another year.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Enos Cabell posted:

How much longer will they be able to keep this up without releasing new material? I've seen them several times post-breakup, and while the shows were ok it just doesn't feel the same. I just can't see them continuing on as a nostalgia act for another year.

I would be pretty surprised if they come out with actual new Ween material. I could see another Shinola or maybe a live album but I don’t get the sense that Gene and Dean are working together creatively right now.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I'd like to see some of the Caesar tapes off of Quebec being redone or released.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Bold Robot posted:

I would be pretty surprised if they come out with actual new Ween material. I could see another Shinola or maybe a live album but I don’t get the sense that Gene and Dean are working together creatively right now.

Yeah Dean pretty much confirmed no new material in an interview a few weeks back.

That said, they still have hundreds it not thousands of unreleased songs they could release. No idea why they are sitting on them while saying they are broke.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Harminoff posted:

Yeah Dean pretty much confirmed no new material in an interview a few weeks back.

That said, they still have hundreds it not thousands of unreleased songs they could release. No idea why they are sitting on them while saying they are broke.

Got a link to the interview?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I just want them to release that Mollusk show that they clearly recorded to put out. <:mad:>

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Enos Cabell posted:

I completely agree. I was super excited in 2016 for new material, that's clearly never going to happen.

It's also pretty obvious that Aaron is the reason for the state of the band. Really over him as a person the more I hear and read.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Bold Robot posted:

Got a link to the interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2hsNFlE9hs&t=630s

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

He was on the Celebration Rock podcast as well. He said he'd love to do new Ween material but didn't seem very confident about it actually happening. He was also quiet when asked about his relationship with Gene.

https://www.acast.com/celebrationrock/dean-ween-continues-to-wave-the-ween-flag

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I couldn't make Red Rocks happen, but at least I get this all up in my backyard.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Deaner was in my city last weekend and I didn't get to go see him and it feels bad. But over $100 for 8 songs when I'm not a massive Primus fan just couldn't be justified. Here's hoping Ween come back down here again one day.

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

thepokey posted:

Deaner was in my city last weekend and I didn't get to go see him and it feels bad. But over $100 for 8 songs when I'm not a massive Primus fan just couldn't be justified. Here's hoping Ween come back down here again one day.

High 5 fellow ausgoon. Also didn’t go, partly because of price but also because I am not confident leaving my breastfed 6 week old with hubby.

Also, yeah Primus is okay but not $100 okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

I couldn't make Red Rocks happen, but at least I get this all up in my backyard.

I got tickets for Friday...tempted to buy Saturday tix as well. Only 20 minutes from my house. Stayed out there a couple times but never saw a show there.