Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Rehab and he left his wife gofundme is coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

An Apple A Gay posted:

Rehab and he left his wife gofundme is coming

Whoa source?

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene
I caught Gene Ween last year, fantastic show. The band played “Frank” first song right on the spot 😆

Grudgerm fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jan 16, 2019

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Looks like was and Reddit is on lockdown over it. Seems like he posted a bunch and then deleted his account, and so did his wife.

I don't use Facebook anymore so I have no idea. It did seem like he had some weird open relationship though with him always talking about getting with girls between songs whenever I've seen them.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

That’s a loving bummer. Not gonna hold my breath for shows any time soon...

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah I was about to say, the whole summer festival "tour" is probably out the window.

Glad he's doing what's best for him, though. I don't have FB anymore and I'll be damned if I go on Reddit, so I don't really get updates like this apart from this thread.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Sharing from Reddit in case you all don't go there - amazing Chocolate and Cheese era performance on an Australian radio station. Andrew Weiss on bass. The quality is great and the callers are super awkward and funny.

"That's Claude, the black guy in our group"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgN8IEsdsd0

Edit:

"You know Louise? The girl who just called? She's my friend!"

I'm happy for the guy who called in with the harmonica.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 30, 2019

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Here's an alternative version of friends I had on my pc. I don't think I've heard this elsewhere?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K1RgFK6mc0

I also have a 20 min instrumental version of mercedes benz if anyone is interested.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
https://www.jambase.com/article/dean-ween-honeypot-lounge-cannabis-concert-venue

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It's that time of the year again.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I think I was at that show.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

THEY BACK.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Glad they're doing a full album but they always seem to play 3/4 of The Mollusk anyways.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Hearing Buckingham Green for the 900th time is a small price to pay for an It's Gonna Be (Alright).

Eh, I don't mind hearing Buckingham Green for the 900th time, now that I think about it.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Pretty cool! Kind of surprised Andrew wk isn't playing I get wet in full though.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
he pretty much does at every show, when I saw him in Milwaukee I think the only song missing was "Don't Stop Living in the Red" and maybe "Fun Night"

BryanAdams
May 31, 2019

Ask no questions, get no answers

Beastie posted:

Glad they're doing a full album but they always seem to play 3/4 of The Mollusk anyways.

Had no clue they still do shows. Would be nice to hear Quebec

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They started back up two years ago. I’ve seen them 3 times since, one time Les Claypool came out and played The Mollusk with them.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Hell yeah. :discourse:

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I'm finally taking some time to listen to this. I love it. Nobody in the audience, 12,000 downloads from archive.org.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Really cool to hear those early versions of When The Going Gets Tough and Tender Situations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

All the best versions of Goin' Get Tough tend to fall apart halfway through 'cause there's too many loving words to remember.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Sold out so they added the 30th too. Nice!

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

oh my god, that's so good. gene just like :ok:

Grudgerm
May 4, 2012

by Reene
I saw Ween last year. They played Frank. Yay.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Grudgerm posted:

I saw Ween last year. They played Frank. Yay.
I'm always bowled over at their ability to do Pod songs that sound fairly close to how they sound on the record. Frank is always really vile. When I saw them in SF they encored with Don't Laugh, I Love you into Laura and it made me feel nauseated. It was perfect.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

My favorite is watching the professional sound guys at arena shows being forced to mix those insane early songs like it's Serious Business

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
When I saw them in Milwaukee they played like 8 songs from The Pod, it was awesome and hilarious

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Just announced. Holy poo poo to this line-up in general.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

Just announced. Holy poo poo to this line-up in general.

:chanpop: :stwoon:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Weird, another full album show? I wonder if they are doing this to release them as albums?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If they are I’m still waiting for that live Mollusk from two years ago. :argh:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Harminoff posted:

Weird, another full album show? I wonder if they are doing this to release them as albums?

I would buy them all because that live God Ween Satan is so good.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

me your dad posted:

I would buy them all because that live God Ween Satan is so good.

Amen. The background info on it was cool to read.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Desert Daze has confirmed on Instagram that Ween will get a full 2+ hour set.

Hell. Yes.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Argh, I've got a ticket for Desert Daze if I want it, but I just can't make those dates work. I am dead now.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I realize this is kind of like a "duh" situation, but the Ween subreddit is so embarrassing to read as a fan of this band.

"Found a guava in my grocery store! Think someone is a fan?!"

"My girlfriend made me a playdoh boognish!" *shares vague lump of yellow playdoh with bits of weed stuck in it for hair*

[Posts picture of a pork roll found in a new jersey deli] *7,000 upvotes*

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Those bastards really went and did the one thing I specifically asked them not to do. :argh:

(they don't schedule headliners up against each-other thankfully, but I gotta be on the rail for Devo no matter the cost)

I'm also interest in seeing Connan Mockasin. What I've heard of him sounds very much like what if Pure Guava was just fuckjams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

caligulamprey posted:

I'm also interest in seeing Connan Mockasin. What I've heard of him sounds very much like what if Pure Guava was just fuckjams.

That's, uh, one hell of an endorsement.