Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Pure Guava was my first Ween that someone recorded onto a blank tape back in the day, and playing it still takes me back to listening to it semi-covertly in Spanish class. First listen, the first couple songs went by me as sorta weird, not sure if I dig this, then Push th' Little Daisies came on and it was like reading Revelations.

GodWeenSatan, well, I'm still working on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

you'll pry the worm "roses are free" from my cold, dead ear holes

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Can someone recommend a good quality live recording on Browntracker?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Nice, getting those.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I don't listen to many live albums, but downloading these works for me due to a sense of deprivation born from wishing there were twice as many albums in their discography, and that some of their better songs seem like they have concepts that could have been stretched to an album's length if they were lazier/not lazier. That, and the live versions of some of these songs are pretty significantly different from the studio tracks, it's like a new take on the same good-rear end music.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

me your dad posted:

There's also live at the Orpheum 2003, which has awesome audio quality and a great set list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDT_CMAHC0
This, then: https://archive.org/details/ween2003-10-03-flac16

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

It was only today that I realized, as I was whistling the tune, Mister Richard Smoker's similarity to the Woody Woodpecker theme.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

woah archive.org has a winamp skin now

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

don't feel down, down

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I dunno why, but the Toadies' "Tyler" seemed to have a similar, but inverted theme to me. It read like the hazy thoughts of a teenaged zombie staggering toward where his former girlfriend lives, not realizing that he's dead and the poor girl is freaked the gently caress out.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I'm finally taking some time to listen to this. I love it. Nobody in the audience, 12,000 downloads from archive.org.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

overnightmike posted:

Also love this episode of Guitar Moves. Dean is one of those guys whose bullshit totally checks out. The dude plays the way he lives. "I've been playing two guitar solos my entire life, no one's figured it out yet."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU9fTmTsssA
As a non-musician, very little of that made any sense to me, but it was delightful. And sweaty.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Elephunk posted:

deaner's lead guitar on the Stay Forever from all request live is awesome. That's the definitive version of that song for me

Hot dang, you ain't wrong.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

me your dad posted:

The 2003 show at the Orpheum (the 10/03/03 show) is phenomenal - here's a streaming link from archive.org:

https://archive.org/details/ween2003-10-03-flac16

This show was exactly what I needed today. Hot dang what a band.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Soft spot in my heart for music videos that have a 1:1 connection with the songs they portray.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

band discussion repetitive, how about that

Holy hot dang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I usually avoid listening to live recordings because I don't like crowd noise, I just want to hear the performance. Mixing in the crowd when the band isn't playing is fine with me though.