Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGAkTrLJyvM

Solid recording of the Portland show, though It's missing Jammy Pac.

EDIT: You're gonna need some Fluffy and that starts at 1:06:15.

Thanks for this. My first Ween show and it ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

I couldn't make Red Rocks happen, but at least I get this all up in my backyard.

I got tickets for Friday...tempted to buy Saturday tix as well. Only 20 minutes from my house. Stayed out there a couple times but never saw a show there.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

From where I was standing, Gener looked like he was having the most fun onstage. And that's saying something considering this happened for a split second:

Sure, Gene Ween looks like a melting wax figure of Gene Ween, but those two dudes had to be dragged offstage, they didn't want to stop playing. Apparently the rest of the band was tying up officials trying to pull the plug on the show while they played Fluffy Cloud. Heigography or not, that show completely destroyed me, it was outstandingly stupid, utter loving nonsense and I loved it very much.

EDIT: ultimately in regards to Gener's looks, I just take it as a warning sign not to get into heroin. He seems to be in a good place mentally, which is where it matters most.

drat. Wish I had seen the Sat. show. Friday was fun but Saturday sounded epic.

Kinda hilarious. I hadn't been around a jam band crowd in about 20 years. We were were surrounded by these frat looking kids doing weird sexy/grinding/lapdance? hippy dancing and twirling. Made for fun people watching. My wife and I liked it very much.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

From my experience (these were my 9th and 10th shows), Night One tends to be the straight-forward warm-up night and Night Two is where all hell breaks loose - super brown, full of jamming and constant loving around (What the gently caress, Enter Sandman?!). But then again the only night 3 I've been to was Vegas, and that was a total shitshow mess.

Here's a couple more shots, mostly from the first night! I didn't get many pictures night 2 due to bird drugs and all.

The traditional Jam Band scene is absolutely not for me, but Ween crowds tend to be the goofiest, friendliest fuckers I interact with at any shows I go to. And they're all handing out pins and stickers and staging puppet shows.
Rad pics man. Yeah we could only go Friday. It was fun but we were kinda stuck in "Little Beaverton" withe the dudebro hippies. It was funny watching this chick grind her crotch in her boyfriend's face to a Ween song. And we got to hear the soundcheck of party wich was cool.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Been playing around with Dall-e and threw a Boognish in the mix.

“Trasdermal Celebration tripping through a field of daisys painted in psychedelic colors ween ”

“Gene and Dean Ween playing guitars at the base of magestic mountains”

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

pwn posted:

Please can you post the original res! These are 640x640 and it's criminal

Edit: Found the original res, which is 1024x1024, still not great but it's better

Oh good. I posted the linked thumbnails. I think 1024 is as good as Dall-e outputs right now.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

GEEKABALL posted:

I wanted to drop by and say thanks Ween thread. I had been aware of their existence, but had never listened to any of their stuff. Holy gently caress, Quebec is a crazy great album, from start to finish. Pretty much the same with 12 Golden Country Hits.
Unfortunately, while going through the rest of their catalog, I am not finding much else that trips my trigger, but I am not 100% finished going through it all.
It's better to be late to the party than to miss it altogether, and it's sweet to find gems like these. OK gonna go back and sail brown bay some more...

I would say that Quebec, White Pepper, Chocolate and Cheese, and the Country album are probably the most accessible for new people.

caligulamprey posted:

If you’re finding the earlier material a little too impenetrable (The Pod can be a rough listen for some), definitely check out the live versions. The songwriting comes through a lot more without the grime and much of the production style.

Yeah. Seeing them live can definitely change your mind on some songs. Fluffy was never my favorite song. It was funny but I never thought much of it until seeing a face melting 10 minute live version of it.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

https://thehardtimes.net/music/entrepreneur-makes-record-profits-selling-ween-merch-outside-courthouse/

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Happy halloWEEN

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Got mine mang.

Oh yeah. Picked mine up here. A bit cheaper and free shipping.
https://www.deepdiscount.com/the-pod-fuscus-edition/880882594015

sporklift fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Nov 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

caligulamprey posted:

Finally! Two nights in Portland proper! :rock:

drat. Pioneer Square in August. Sounds hot.