Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Somebody fed me some some shinfo about Ween and Prince having made an album together that got put away in Prince's big ol' vault, I was a bit disappointed to find out it was not true. The story Dean told to Rolling Stone about being tossed out of Paisley Park was kinda funny, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Discombobulator posted:

Between this, the Santana story, and the Ask Deaner archives (did anyone think to save these?), Deaner must have a ton more in his own vault. Dude needs to write a book.

I gotta hear the Santana story, link or just c+p it?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Discombobulator posted:

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=660411920707014&set=a.660411887373684.1073741829.596658890415651&type=1

Doing this from my phone so my bad if the link is hosed. Google it if all else fails.

That's fantastic

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

Saturday my friends and I celebrate Weensday, where we eat an unfortunate amount of :catdrugs: and listen to Ween for 24 hours straight. It's a beautiful, earth-shattering, sludgy disgusting brown gauntlet of madness. Today coming home from work I passed a garage sale and sitting there on the lawn propped up against a table was an oil painting of Dean Ween doing one hell of a gnarly Deaner face. I ran up to the dude running it and pleaded with him please, I don't have any cash on me, could he please set that painting to the side so I could run off to hit an ATM and be back within the hour. Dude took one look at me, turned around and kicked the painting, bursting Dean's face open and stomped off. All I could do was burst out laughing.

If you can make the effort I highly suggest trying Weensday out for yourself, but you're going to get into some truly upsetting territory once you wander into The Pod-era stuff.

What a bizarre response to a normal request.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bold Robot posted:

Dealer posted on Facebook that he's starting his charter fishing service up again. I'm tempted to do it, I'm in NYC so it's not that far away.

Quality typo :catdrugs:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
And I was wondering if I was the only guy who liked Jeff and Ween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

This Is the Zodiac posted:

It's Pat was directed by Adam Bernstein, who also directed the music video for "Push th' Little Daisies" (and also several They Might Be Giants videos).

If I directed that movie they'd be dusting off that Alan Smithee concept