Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Yeah he had a cold while trying to sing it and it came out like that.

There was a recent interview with Gene saying he wanted to do the next Ween album as “Where I want to go next is the Disney-soundtrack-era Phil Collins". That made me super pumped, but it also sounded like Gene wasn't getting along with Dean again :( interview here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Here's from Lollapalooza this year. He's gotten thin again but I hope thats on account of him wanting to lose it and not drugs.

Poor Gener :(. Why couldn't you age to be a middle aged fisherman like Deaner :(.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Bumping to say that Gener announced his solo record today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sdXMs6FmHs&feature=youtu.be

There's a little teaser. Comes out April 12. I'm pretty disappointed it's not a Ween album, but i'll take what I can get!

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
The Spinal Meningitis video is from the Vancouver concert where Deaner ended up unplugging Gene from the amp because he was messing up, not paying attention etc, and it culminated with everyone leaving the stage except for Gene.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Their whole country album is amazing IMHO. You Where The Fool would be a massive country hit I think if it didn't have homosexuality in the lyrics.

It's crazy to think that they wrote that album when they where like 16-17 though. Boys are so impressive.

Methodis fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 20, 2012

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I read that the majority of 12 GCG was written before Chocolate & Cheese, which was partly written when they where 16, so some of the songs where written around that time age, which I think is pretty impressive.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I really like "My Own Bare Hands" a lot, no matter how basic musical wise it is and think that's the stand out from La Cucaracha. "Blue Balloon" I enjoy too and "Woman and Man" but yeah I agree it's pretty lackluster and just seemed a weird release.

Quebec on the other hand went from one of my least favorite Ween albums to the favorite in recent times. I guess at the time I was expecting something else but it really grew on me. Ditto to White Pepper, but not to a extent that Quebec is. There's only 1 song I dislike on the entirety of Quebec and it's only because I don't think it fits in as the opener of the album.

Here's to hoping they do a new album though. I would really like to see that rumored "album full of Disney music type songs" that Gene hinted around.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
My favorite Ween unreleased songs:
Now I'm Freaking Out - Lyrics are really, really outdated but still love it's sound.
Puerto Rican Power - pretty uch the same thing

So I wouldn't be opposed to a Shinola Vol. 2. They need to do something though, it's been so long.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Whoever that "destr100" fellow is on YouTube has a remarkable number of b-sides and unreleased stuff. A related video to Puerto Rican Power lead me to "Who Dat?" which rocks in a sweet polka way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhsfBn3uTWE

He's just reposting stuff from Brown Tracker. It's not files because they have it on the front page of the bands website, but there's a torrent in there that collects all of Weens B-Sides. Here's the torrent.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Mt. Modular posted:

I just want to thank you for this. Somehow I had no idea that this existed and those You Tube links were awesome. I can't believe I never heard of this before...

Same, these rule. Album is sweet too.

e; Also Get A Little Taste sounds alot like this 80's comedy song which makes it even more hilarious.

Methodis fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jan 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Oh My Dear is one of my favorite songs ever. It's just so pretty.

Sketches of Wrinkle rules also.