Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
You'd think that with all of the comparisons they made to Marvel 2, Skullgirls would be a lot faster. It still looks really promising either way, though. Is there a two button dash shortcut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
For all you guys playing A2 on GGPO next week, this site is pretty awesome for learning some good meterless/CC combos, among other interesting little things, such as a video demonstration of Birdie's KKK damage on counterhit. It also has a list of prominent Japanese/US players to look up on youtube so you can learn a few tricks. Adon's pretty cool in this game IMO.

http://sfz2.wordpress.com/

Won't teach you much about the system mechanics or matchups and whatnot, but it's a start.

Does anyone know how to enable a "fake" training mode in MAME roms?

Cromlech fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 2, 2012

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
This game seems really cool for a 3d robot game. It reminds me of a fighter with all of the movement options and whatnot. I'd love to give it a shot, do people mostly play with sticks?

Sucks I'd need to buy a PS3 and import it though. And I wish I could go to UFGT8, it seems like the most fun one out of all the Evo qualifiers because of the cool gimmick events they have, like a random fighter tournament or (gasp) streamed Vampire Savior matches.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
Nah I'm good.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
So the Skullgirls patch is now "Nerf Ms. Fortune: The Patch". Cool I guess, why not just release the loving thing already

im just mad they removed head spike groundbounce because i just did scrubby combos with it because whats the point in learning that game

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
drat dude Sol even does the dust loop in that trailer. It actually looks fully sick visually too, I'm surprised. The sf4 comparison scared me since, you know, this actually looks good and not smeared painted poo poo

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES

Brett824 posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600861

I suppose this is the latest "FGC Drama" for the week -- Jaxel (of 8WayRun) airing out a bunch of dirty laundry about TOs, and BigE in particular. It seems sort of bullshit and Jaxel literally believes in weird illuminati alien conspiracy stuff so I'm not sure about how reputable it all is, but a lot of people have responded and it's sparked some interesting debate.
Drama is dumb and I hate having to even consider the egos behind the big people in the scene, but Jaxel expecting people to pay him to stream fighting games is ridiculous especially when his production, and not to mention his personality, is not very professional. People like Spooky don't make poo poo with regards to the effort that he puts into it, which is a lot. How many times have you heard Spooky himself say that he hasn't slept in two days streaming a major? He used to be a stock broker and gave it up to stream anime games for fucks sake. For Spooky, at least, it is a labor of love. That's just one example.

TO's don't make poo poo. Lapchi, the guy behind Canada Cup, is ridiculously wealthy and pays for everything for Canada Cup himself (which is a huge event full of international players, who he pays out of his pocket to come) makes not a dime from it. He does it anyway. Everyone who is staff these kinds of tournaments volunteer. They don't ask for anything, because they have real jobs and I guess Jaxel doesn't. Which is dumb - I feel that people who give up a job, or an education to play fighting games or even stream them have a warped vision that think doing these things for money is sustainable. Anyone with half a brain knows there's no big money in fighting games.

Jaxel's presumption that people like Big E get the hotel ballroom for free is absurd. Giving that room exclusive access for an event on a weekend of all things is ridiculously expensive, regardless of your connections. And a guarantee of people coming with a 10 year proven track record isn't enough to any hotel higher up.

While it's true that running a tournament is a business venture, and that ideally a profit must be made by the event, I feel that Jaxel is just acting with an entitlement complex given that streaming is a role that is generally not heavily reimbursed with money unless its e-sports and this is well known.

The TO's and people that stream Big E events don't get paid probably because they do it for the scene and the people behind it. I will agree that Big E events are rather antiquated with how they're organized (they all use paper brackets and megaphones, no online brackets, among other things) but they do work and this past Winter Brawl was regarded by pretty much everyone there that it was ran very very well with everything running on time. Big E events are also the kind of events that gives a little pass to well known people too which is saying a lot - not saying I like that behavior, but it just goes to show I suppose.

Anyway I put too many words into this dumb poo poo. Him being angry about VxG is probably the people behind the event realizing that there's many more people who are more professional and more qualified than him for the job, not some tinfoil hat "#fgcilluminati" poo poo.

Cromlech fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 24, 2013

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES

Fayk posted:

There are still arcade games made, but none of the old ones on GGPO have been manufactured since ~2002.

So who wants to play some on ggpo, I've got my boards ready

I know you're a big Jojos guy, do you have the CPS3 board for it? It seems super rare..

Oh sorry you said that picture had nothing but CPS2 boards. drat, what a shame.

Cromlech fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 24, 2013

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
That's super cool actually. I didn't know you could even do such a thing. Us Jojos players are the coolest people around anyway :colbert:

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
Is the neutral in that game so bad that the guy playing Merkava literally can't do anything against Hilda? Because in that first match he just downbacks the whole time and doesn't even dare to approach her, and any option he uses to get in he gets punished very hard for it. In fact Hilda in general seems busted.

This game just looks so slow. Like Blazblue's movement at least felt fluid. I'd like to give it a shot though esp. since it has Sion in it.

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
Can I get a link to that video where the guy explains how to do a fluid 360 motion by just flicking the stick a certain way where it hits all the microswitches with minimal effort?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
drat, thanks a lot! That was quick :)

Baal posted:

He has an even heavier voice filter than regular Dio
Shadow Dio is a great starter char, he's so simple. He has one infinite (not really, more of a loop) that you can get off of either falling a, 2a, 5a>2a (in corner) that's really, really easy to do. If you land his counter, you can do it free.They dizzy out after around 15-16 hits but you can still plan around it and mixup. On knockdown you can do jump 2s or jump 5s and hyperhop > 2a or side switch or empty jump or whatever. Or, when new, 236s but you can GC that easy.

His infinite is [2a, 5c, 5s dash] x N I think. The hardest part is dashing properly and then crouching so you cancel the dash into a 2a and not get a dash 2a which doesn't combo. It's been a year or two. I can PM you a video I made making it really easy to do if you want.

I didn't read the rest of your posts so sorry if you've tried him already or know this!

Cromlech fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 18, 2016

• Locked thread