Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

apophenium posted:

Is that a Zero Suit Samus color for Parasoul? :swoon: Also that music is awesome. I love Michiru Yamane.

Apparently it's more based on Olivier Armstrong:

Tae posted:

So dumb that an indy group can have great sprites which allows ggpo later on and Capcom keeps churning the 3D models that prevent anything good.

It's pretty easy to say that and not think about the sheer volume of work doing sprites actually takes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

All I have to say is

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :cawg:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

PalmTreeFun posted:

So if I'm not mistaken (from what I heard on the stream), apparently you can patent the MvC2 button layout, which means Capcom can deny anyone the ability to make a game with that button layout.

:wtc:

Real talk? Dude's been spouting off on some poo poo that I can't really believe.

Like saying Tekken Tag 2 boards would cost $30,000.

I can't say I'm going to give much stock on his whining about a 'Capcom patent' messing with Skullgirls. Especially considering Mike Z wanted it to be 3P/3K.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

FZeroRacer posted:

FinestKO is streaming a couple of fighting games tournaments including...Catherine!

The best part is that Catherine looks to be a very good competitive game :psyduck:

I came for Skullgirls.

I stayed for Catherine.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Look, it bothers some people. It doesn't bother others.

Can we agree to *this* point and go back to practical discussions?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

raocow posted:

http://www.giantbomb.com/skullgirls-parasoul-reports-for-duty/17-4969/

Haven't seen this trailer anywhere before, the official Parasoul 'reveal' for Skullgirls.

It's been posted on the main page's character page for a number of days now. Guess nobody decided to link it here, haha

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

PalmTreeFun posted:

GiantBomb video links never work for me. I click on the play button and try and switch between progressive and streaming and it never does anything. Am I doing something wrong?

vvvv I have AdBlock on. I'll try turning it off, thanks.

E: Nope. It shows a little loading bar for about second now though.

If you can't watch it you can just view it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlSCXidxy04

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Is Mugen the only alternative then? Has Mugen even been updated? I remember using it waaay back in 2006 with Reu Kee before he died. Sucked too because that guy was a genius.

Yeah, it's been updated. Beginning of this year in fact. Surprised the hell out of me when I found out.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

HD version is up.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-ms-skullgirls/721769

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Twilly posted:

She does look like a really fun character to play. Something I don't think was answered in the video is if her head is interactable after you tag out. For example can I throw my head on the ground, tag, then kick her head into my opponent with my new character? And can the opponent still hit it and deal damage to Ms. Fortune?

It wasn't mentioned in the video, but it was mentioned elsewhere. It's not interactable at all when Fortune is tagged out, by yourself or the enemy. That might change if you use a head attack as an assist, though, but only when Fortune is out.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Dive kicks, rekkas, sudo double character, blockable command throws, stupidly good crossups wow it is like everything thing I like in a character rolled into one.

I saw an axe kick, but where's a dive kick?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

40 OZ posted:

The walkthrough was awesome but this is actually the first time I saw the game in high resolution and I was more impressed by how good the game looks.

The last few FNF have been uploading HD 60fps videos to Megaupload.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Konstantin posted:

One thing to keep in mind is that the market is going to be pretty drat saturated with fighting games in 2012. You have UMVC3, SFxT, KOF XIII, SCV, and TTT2. Add in AE2012 and you have six competitive fighting games, and I doubt many people will spend the time and money to play all six. I'd say the community is big enough to generate serious hype for three, maybe four games, and two of those slots are taken up by AE and UMVC3. This is the absolute worst possible release window for Skullgirls and any other fighting games, by releasing in early 2012 they are setting themselves up for failure. I'd suggest that if they have to delay, they delay until the 2012 Christmas buying season, anything sooner and there won't be enough people buying it to really build up the player base needed for a big success.

You're kind of forgetting that Skullgirls isn't going to be a full priced title when it comes out. Since it's going to be a digital download there's a super good probability it'll just be 15 bucks. I think people will be more willing to buy it at that price and maybe a couple of the others. Plus I don't think delaying the game for THAT long would be as easy as just sitting on their butts and twiddling their thumbs by their own choice.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

HKR posted:

Did not know this. Incredibly happy.

EDIT: And yet no site seems to have info on said info. How sad.

The only info, if you can call it that, was something on the Reverge site for them looking for PC people. But there's been no firm confirmations as of yet.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I was gonna go with "Fight Club" but they said "Fighting" had bad connotations (even though they're aware it's a club for fighting games).

Gathering of Fisticuffs.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

PalmTreeFun posted:

I'm pretty sure every other iteration of KoF and Fatal Fury changes Geese's Deadly Rave combination.

Nope. Always been a pretzel. Even when he showed up in CvS.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Deadly Rave is his rush super, not his Raging Storm.

Well, hell. :v:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

South Town guy posted:

Actually, Raising Storm had a different motion in Real Bout 2, a F HCF motion, which is a bit more fluid and in the style of other SNK motions.

Huh. I hadn't played Real Bout in forever. So that's the only game it was different, huh?

South Town guy posted:

It was kinda funny to see how that carried over into the NGPC SvC, where you had Geese's 360 super throw, Rashomon, side-by-side with Zangief's Final Atomic Buster still using a 720.

Speaking of the NGPC, I managed to get my hands on one recently, and its directional joystick stub button bpractically had sex with my thumb from how awesome it felt - has no company released a joypad that uses that design?

Fellow NGPC brother! Yeah, that thumbstick was the poo poo. Only latest thing that had something that felt similar was PDP's Fightpad.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

LOL at the pewpew sound effect at 0:48.

I wish the Friday Night Fights were longer. 1:21 is too dang short. Also, I'd like to see a team overpower a single character using assists and mixups, even if it's staged.

Keep up the good work devs!

Last weeks was 4 minutes and change.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

AXE COP posted:

Skullgirls just revealed the new character Valentine: http://skullgirls.com/characters/valentine/

No video or anything yet but she looks like she could be interesting I guess?

They also showed some sprites here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-25-skullgirls-reverge-labs-unveils-valentine

Also Ravid said she'd totally play like a ninja and has an Izuna Drop.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Waitwaitwait... the fuckers got Samus in that skanky game? gently caress team ninja, gently caress them to hell.

It was a better skanky game than Other M! :hurr:

Seriously though, it was only via stage. They created a Metroid stage and you'd occasionally see her ship and Samus her self beating the hell out of Ridley in the background.

It's actually the classiest way they could've put her in.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

flatluigi posted:

They really need better voice actors. :(

Says you. :colbert:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Apparently his dad just died or something, so at least he has a reasonable excuse for being a weirdo for a change.

Anyway, crossposting from the MK thread: MK Komplete Edition just got officially announced - nothing new, just a re-release with all the DLC on the disc. Comes out March 3. If you were waiting for an excuse to pick it up then you just got one, I guess.

It's got some music thing but who cares about all that: It's coming with the first MK movie, too! :woop:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Electric Crayon posted:

I can't believe Capcpom threw Gootecks out in the sticks like that.

Haha, I see what you did there

Edit: For next page actual content

So what's the best way for finding local battles? 'Cause I'm the only real fighter amongst my friends
and that does nothing for improving my lackluster skills.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Dane Cook Torrent posted:

More importantly, what exactly is this promo for? I went to the main page, read the "article" and couldn't find any info. This just sounds like more dickriding and turning FGs into a terrible celebrity like cult where people literally stand in line to get their sticks signed by people like Gootecks and Mike Ross.

How in the hell did you jump to *that* conclusion?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Goodpart posted:

I actually struck up a conversation with a guy named "Robyrt" who, apart from the Elam brothers themselves is probably the biggest font of information about that game, and after working through the various gameplay mechanics, jointly came to the conclusion that OMF is (probably accidentally) an impeccably designed fighting game in many respects. Turns out Robyrt is a bit of a fighting game nut in general so it was an interesting conversation.

We even looked into the whereabouts of the Elams themselves, but to no avail.

Yeeeeees.

One Must Fall 2097 was a loving fantastic game, especially when you put it in Rehit mode. What was fantastic about Rehit that it wasn't just a jumble of 'Yeah, so you can hit 'em again whenever you want whee'. They actually put rules for how it would work so it changed the feel of the game to something more frenetic but way more awesome.

Also the tournament modes were the poo poo. I played it way too much. :v:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Gavok posted:

As the dude who wrote that ten years ago, this has been a very surreal experience.

Haha, man, that was *you*? Small net.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

iPodschun posted:

After Skullgirls held their Evo eighth spot+breast cancer research fundraiser Friday night, the Melee community held their own on Saturday. Donation totals after them: Skullgirls $22,109; Melee $22,443.

Hoping Skullgirls can pull it out in the end.

A thing to point out is the jump from 17k to 21k was apparently from a couple of people.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Tom Cannon was on a Smash stream giving them unofficial congratulations but did mention that it'd take Wepay a few weeks to final confirm all the donations before they're sent off, so if shenanigans did happen it'd turn up then.

Until then, conspiracy theories help nobody.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

S Tier: Soul Cal 4 (for reference)

A Tier: Tekken 6

B Tier: VF5:FS / SFxT

C Tier: TTT2

Dan Tier: Mortal Kombat

Wait, TTT2 has less customization than Tekken 6?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Well, it looks like they might have an out to continue their work. If they wanted to work with Lauren Faust.

https://twitter.com/Fyre_flye/status/300098640150687744

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O0UphHT6uE

im probably going to at least try her out tbh she has a bit of lili in her moveset

She's a breakdancer fighter.

I've always wanted one of these in a 3D fighting game and this is what they give me. :what:

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Sade posted:

It's just his cr.mk from 3rd strike. See also: SF4 Evil Ryu's cr.mk.

That's not *exactly* the same.

In both of your examples he's leaning further back and putting his hand on the ground.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I hope every korean or whatever picks lucky chloe and america is defenseless because they can't practice against her. Evo top 8 all chloe.

Except any time a character has been exclusive and not playable to everybody they weren't allowed?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Zand posted:

with a move-charging mechanic and chain combos

What exactly do you mean by this? Because I didn't notice any move charging or LMH combos like SFxT did.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

That's totally true and this is a great resource.

http://www.displaylag.com/

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

If anyone here was thinking about compulsively buying the early access game Kings of Kung Fu for 25% off this Christmas...don't make the same mistake I did.

Stay far far away from this steaming pile of poo poo or it will ruin your holidays.

That makes me sad. I mean, goddamn, Shonuff is the last boss!

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Welp, never worked for me. Ah well.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Dias posted:

Throws are lame and for cheaps. SFxT had the right idea making throws worthless.

But considering it immediately gets rid of red life in the 2013 update, that makes 'em a bit more than worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Bosushi! posted:

PS3 sticks will work on PS4 for MKX. That's pretty cool.

Yeah, you can thank Lab Zero for that. Netherealm licensed the stick driver they made.

• Locked thread