Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
OP owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I like jiggling tits and still thought DoA was crap. A clunky, unfun series that just happens to use the most modern graphics at whatever time a game comes out.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Boo-urns.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
That and rekkas generally make hit confirming very easy.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I'm looking to dual-mod a PDP Versus Controller to work with 360 and PS3. I imagine this would be harder than modding a stick, but is it even possible? Which one of the two would be better to start with? Thanks in advance.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Soul Blade was the only good game in the Soul series and I won't hear otherwise.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

PalmTreeFun posted:

I'd love to see another move-stealing character in another (not Smash Bros./Soul Calibur) game. I was kind of surprised that Taskmaster didn't have that ability when they announced him for MvC3.
When making KOF '94 SNK wanted to give Rugal the ability to copy your character's moves after seeing you use them, but the hardware wouldn't allow it at the time. It should be possible now, though; just give the character every special move in the game and set them all to off until the opponent uses them. Depending on the game and engine, that could make for a fantastic character.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
This is goony as hell but I'd like to see a fightstick with a big hand-drying fan on it, like the kind bowling alleys use.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Now we never have to hear about schoolgirl panties ever again.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Ryu Fighter would be unironically pretty kickass.

Edit: As long as the bullshit characters from MUGEN like Super Mega Saiyan 666 Ryu with his instant kill screen-filling supers and never-ending intro/victory animations aren't in there.

Soulcleaver fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 12, 2012

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
New, expensive, easily moddable Mad Catz controller. Does anyone know if it's any good for fighters?

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Agreedo that XI is the most fun King of Fighters. KOF needs to have tag teams. If I played it competitively I'd probably hate it, though.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Mr. N is OP as hell. Nerf either his dive or his dick and you've got a reasonably competitive character there.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I was hoping for Skullgirls or CVS2 but I'm resigned to the fact that MLP is going to be the eighth game. The bronies are absolutely inescapable but at least charity is getting some good money.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Thwack! posted:

Hey uh does anyone still play Skullgirls here (specifically on PSN)? I was reintroduced to this game just a couple of days after months of not giving it a thought, and I was told that the game mechanics have considerably like the IPS being tons better than it was at launch and among other nifty changes. That sorta made me interested in checking it out once again.

Now, I am just wondering if any of you goons still give two shits about SG.
My 360 is on the fritz so I'm waiting for a PC release. By all accounts it's an excellent game that doesn't get the support it deserves.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Super Turbo shouldn't win.

Hyper Fighting should. :getin:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I'm waiting for the next generation of consoles to come out before spending >100 bucks on a fightstick. The Qanba Q4 is looking fantastic though.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

A Bystander posted:

On the subject of fighting games that a significant amount of people don't like, what's the consensus on the Street Fighter EX series. Most opinions that I've seen seem to think it blows, but I've had more fun with them than most other fighters. Granted, I don't really play as many fighting games as everyone else, but I always go back to EX3 and go to town.
Skullomania owns but not quite enough to redeem that series.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Karate Champ is obviously the best fighting game.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
What is that, a 3DO controller? He must be ironically playing Rise of the Robots or something.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Mr. Fun posted:

I feel like a really good idea would be to just ship a game with a lot of fun characters and you don't have to jump through any hoops to play them, you can just enjoy the whole game.
Super Street Fighter IV did exactly this, showing that even Capcom can sometimes learn from past errors. All the unlocking poo poo can go jump off a cliff.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Cabbagepots posted:

Clarification request: am I allowed to post anything at all about my game in here? Because I have some neat stuff I'd like to share but not enough to merit a new thread.
You can but you can definitely count on everyone ridiculing it.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Endorph posted:

Play Third Strike using nothing but Yang's divekick.
Didn't they make a whole game about this? :v:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
So it's basically what was promised by the attract screen to X-Men vs. Street Fighter? (And what Mugen did over a decade ago...)

I can dig it.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
50,000,000 Elvis fans can't be wrong!

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Yie Ar Kung Fu shits all over everything, sorry.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Off topic, but Mad Catz has a summer sale on right now. , which includes the WWE Brawl Stick for $19.99 (PS3 only). For the price it's a great "first stick".
Thanks for the heads-up. Decent cheap controllers are never off-topic in this thread.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Gavok posted:

More stuff from the Top 200 Fighting Game Endings countdown.

Part Seven (80-61)
Part Eight (60-41)

I don't know if you get any feedback on these, but they're consistently entertaining and I appreciate your work.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Ghostpilot posted:

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE
This owns. Geese is like Dio from Jojo in that everything revolves around him even when he's dead/absent. He's just that influential. Best video game character there is. (I'm a liiiiiiitle bit biased, though...)

PunkBoy posted:

And I thought 2000 was widely loved? Or am I thinking of 98? :confused:
98 and 2002 are the most respected KoFs nowadays; both even got re-releases with loads of extra characters. XI is still my favorite, though, and I'd sell my firstborn for a Capcom vs SNK 3.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
It's not like either SNK or Capcom are afraid to recycle sprites to crank out new games. Give us a game with every character from everything.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Saoshyant posted:

The first fighting game I ever played was Street Fighter 2 on an arcade, clandestinely since laws in my country didn't allow kids to go anywhere near arcades back in the day. I was incredibly excited when my uncle got a copy of it for his absurdly expensive PC from the early 90's, but no matter how much I tried, it was impossible to play that game properly on a keyboard.
The PC version was impossible to play regardless.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Saoshyant posted:

Twenty years later I can't remember how well it played, especially when I had no other version to compare it with and, while I doubt it was anywhere near arcade-perfect since that port was likely a budget-less afterthought, it seems unfair to link to a video of it running under Dosbox on a Wii of all things.
The game was a buggy piece of poo poo and that's the only video I could find.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Anonymous Robot posted:

Seeing Geiger in that video got me thinking. Has there ever been a character with a braid-esque "use meter to rewind time" feature? That seems like it'd be at once very cool and supremely frustrating.
Ringo Roadagain is in the new Jojo game for PS3; can anyone who's played the game tell us what he plays like?

Edit: Nevermind, he only appears in the menus. drat. Still an opportunity for later DLC.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
They probably thought IndieGoGo was a safer bet because you get the money that was donated even if you don't meet your limit. On paper. :smith:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I went on KoFXIII matchmaking and one of the players was Juicebox. No thank you, I don't need to jump into a wood chipper today. Match me with noobs, please!

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
This poo poo is amazing. I didn't know half of that stuff was possible in that engine. And anyone who can combo into Guile's super can probably catch a fly out of the air with chopsticks.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Nativity In Black posted:

Man, I was play Primal Rage the other day. I'm wondering why they chose to resurrect Killer Instinct and not the game where one of your attacks was farting at the enemy.
You can still play Strekken for all of your video game fart needs!

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Broken Loose posted:

Bloated cast.
Strekken is truly a bad game for all the reasons you listed except this one. Bigger casts in fighting games are better even when they mean 3/4 of the characters are useless for tournament play. I could just be biased as a longtime KoF fan, though.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

piratepilates posted:

Got a bit GG announcement for ya right here: the game sucks, play KOF13 or 98 or 2000 or 2002.
That's a funny way of spelling KOF XI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Illuminado posted:

King of Fighters XIII is on sale on Steam $15 from $30.

What say you SNK fans? Is it worth the $15?
Hell yes. It's a good game and you should support the creators of good games. However, the execution requirements are ultra hard and the online community is almost completely barren. It is, as they say, the best fighting game that nobody plays.

Sade posted:

Don't play the computer in fighting games, ever, for any reason. It actively makes you worse at the game.
And deny yourself the pleasure of getting demolished by SNK bosses? Never.

• Locked thread