Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post
This past weekend by Madcatz TE stick just sort of stopped functioning. The buttons still seem to work ok, but I can move the stick in every direction and absolutely nothing happens. I do have a spare joystick a friend gave me a while ago, but I've never actually opened one of these up. I've spent the last 40 minutes or so looking up tutorials on youtube, but all I can find are videos about modding sticks. I tried to skip to portions where they simply install the new, modded stick, but it seems pretty complicated (some of them use soldering irons and what not). Can anyone point me to a more direct and simple joystick replacement guide? Cause this stuff isn't cutting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post

Brosnan posted:

Can we toxx cabbagepots and if he doesn't have a fully playable game at Evo he's permabanned? Or maybe just permaban him anyway?

Please don't permaban him. That one thread in YOSPOS where people were ridiculing the poo poo out of him and posting his weird-rear end drawings and photos was one of my all time favorites. I'm waiting for the day that poo poo happens again in here.

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post

SNK Wiki posted:

Hobbies: Hoarding treasure

:lol: This character really resonates with me.

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post

AXE COP posted:

Uhh A) why the heck would they have marvel tournaments at a celebration of Street Fighter's anniversary and B) why the heck would the marvel scene care about capcom's tournaments anyway

A) Why do you use "heck" so much and B) are you a mormon or something?
(P.S. I agree with you)

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post

blue font posted:

There's a very candid and interesting interview up on Eurogamer with Ono about Capcom and his recent illness: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-11-the-rise-and-collapse-of-yoshinori-ono

Jesus. Somebody hug that poor bastard.

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post

dane cook torrent posted:

Haha yeah those nerds. loving nerds.

Are you serious?

I don't really think he was...

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post

apple posted:

What's your story? :confused:

As someone who has been lurking around this thread since it started, I can say fairly confidently that I don't think Tokyo Slutty Gal has ever had a single positive thing to say about anything. I wouldn't take his/her criticism too seriously.

blumpkinbliss fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 4, 2012

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post
Wow, that was loving terrible. I take it all back TSG, you were right, he is the worst.

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post
I figure this is probably the best place for "arcade talk," so I'll just go ahead and vent here. I'm currently living in Taipei, Taiwan. It's a loving cool place, I totally love it, but the arcades here are loving weird. Now to be honest, I didn't go to arcades very frequently back in the states. I lived in San Francisco, and while I'm aware that there's a huge scene out there, I mostly played with the same group of about 6 guys. We'd have monthly fight-night parties and poo poo, and occasionally we'd play at that arcade on Stockton street on the cusp of China Town. The dudes who frequented the place were all pretty loving good, and so I can't really think of a time when I beat any of them. However, I did see them lose to a couple of my buddies from time to time, and when that happened, they'd either get to the back of the line or pop more coins in right there if there was no line. It was never really dramatic or anything. There really wasn't even very much shittalking. Anyway, I've been in Taipei for 6 months now, and I've been hitting up the arcade a lot more than I ever did in the states because I don't have access to online play, and virtually none of my work or Chinese class friends play fighting games. At first, I essentially lost every match I played. But I've been gaining steam lately and have been winning a lot more matches. The only problem is that the moment I win a match, the guy I'm playing always loving storms off in a fit of rage. Sometimes they'll bang on the cabinet, or I'll see them walking laps around the arcade to, I guess, blow off some steam. It makes literally no sense. Even if I just won my first match after losing 10 in a loving row, the other guy gets up and leaves. Sometimes they'll come back, but never to actually sit down and play. They just stand behind me, arms folded, watching me play arcade mode. What's worse is that once I beat one guy, no matter how big the group around the machine is, nobody else will want to fight. I have to purposefully lose in arcade mode, get up, walk around, and then get back in line to play all over again. They never tell me "hey, get lost" and always seem to be willing to let me play a second time once I've left and come back, but it's getting loving irritating. Am I breaking some unspoken rule of Taiwanese arcade etiquette? Are Chinese dudes just bad losers? Is this normal anywhere else in the world? I really want to keep playing, but this scene is sort of killing it for me.

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post

Goodpart posted:

I would seriously consider contacting Gamerbee on Facebook or some such. He's a totally awesome guy and I have no doubt he'd at least attempt to help out when it comes to good places to play. He speaks English well so if your Mandarin isn't strong it's no biggie.

From what he's said, the TW scene is a little odd, so it's no surprise that you're having a tough time.

Oddly enough, I actually met him at the Taipei Game Expo a few months ago. He was super nice, but he basically just said "I mostly play online with Japanese guys." He mentioned one specific place, but his directions were a little vague. He also told me that SF doesn't have that big of a following in Taiwan, but that KOF has a solid following, which is obvious the minute you walk into an arcade. The arcade I go to has more KOF 98 machines than SF4, KOF13, and TTT2 combined, and they're usually pretty busy. I think I'm gonna try and dabble in that game for a while. Maybe that's where all the cool kids play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blumpkinbliss
Nov 19, 2007

Jaguar Post
I know Trykt mentioned VF5 earlier but SF3 online ed. is also on sale for 600 microsoft points on live right now.

• Locked thread