Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
washow
Dec 1, 2007

Here you go, op :toot:

Broken Loose posted:

Holy poo poo, this is one of the best OPs I've ever seen for a thread.

Hey, quick rundown, JMcrofts just left the SkullGirls team, is anybody else here still working on it? I'm just curious.

Oh dang. What happened?

Also the OP is amazinig gg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Someone actually DOESN'T HAVE a PC?

:holymoley:

washow
Dec 1, 2007

http://imgur.com/a/PRljf

Is this some old stuff because holy loving poo poo

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Does anyone know if DoA games make much money? I mean they have to, as they keep making that loving game.

Seriously I don't think anyone in the world actually plays that game, yet there's 5th one coming out.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Can someone please explain to me who this Christ Hu guy is? I've seen his commentary and him play the game but this guy just came from China to play video games and do commentary? What is his deal?

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Is there any info on how good the online matches will be on TTT2? I grew up on tekken and I really would love seeing a tekken game being a big hit in the US. T6 had a terrible netcode and it turned me off from playing online and that sucked because I pretty much got ps3 to play fg like tekken online.

When is the gaming coming out anyway? I remember seeing stuff at last evo and it looked good

washow
Dec 1, 2007

bleep posted:

To answer my own question in case anyone is curious, once you have made an account with a Bana Passport online you start getting gold from fights. You get like 50 gold for beating ghosts and 1,000+ for beating other players in person. Heihachi head siren costs over 600,000 gold. :stare: I'm going to need to win a lot of jackpots.

It will be mine.

Oh man I feel so loving stupid right now. I thought ttt2 was still in development and that namco was simply doing location tests still. But the game has long been out in the arcades? Curse my town and its non arcade-ness

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Huh that sucks. Shows how popular tekken is in US I guess.

Are they waiting to finished up that ttt2 unlimited so they can release that for the console ttt2?

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Why do you guys think that 3d fighting games never really took off in the US? Everyone is crazy into 2d stuff like SF and mvc series but there are tiny followings for games like tekken and vf (compared to 2d games).

Growing up in Korea, tekken was THE GAME to play when you go to arcades. And arcades being as common as any mom and pop shops in towns, it meant that a poo poo ton of people played it. Sure people still played kof but that was about it. Mvc2 and 3s was there but people never really played them.

One thing that made me go "wtf" when I moved to the states were how crazy expensive the arcade games were. lovely old games required like 50 cents to play whereas you only need 10cents to play a game in korea. Plus, arcades were very uncommon and if you somehow found one, it'll be a lovely one in the mall with pinball games and racing games from 1999.

Why aren't 3d games more popular? Why are arcades so rare and expensive?

washow
Dec 1, 2007

PalmTreeFun posted:

Arcade games cost 10 cents in Korea? You're lucky if you find a 25 cent one in the US, like you said. Anything larger than a standard arcade cabinet's a dollar.

Yep that's why there are so many kids in arcades in Korea. Though they are mostly in PC bangs now which are LAN cafes.

Bring a couple dollars, put them in the coin machine and carry a pocket full of 10 cent coins and that's your entertainment for the day. If you were good at games, a single coin could last you hours if you played action scroll games like d&d or beat everyone who challenges you on games like tekken

Ahhh nostalgia

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Policenaut posted:

IT'S A SHOWDOWN! GOING DOWNTOWN! YOU'RE GONNA MESS AROUND, SHOWDOWN!

New VF5: Final Showdown screenshots

We should probably get a Final Showdown thread going at some point.

Is this thing gonna have a sick onlineplay feature or what? I'm kinda talking out of my rear end but I heard vf5 didn't even have online play or something like that... somewhere.
OK so it will feature online plays. I hope the netcode is great!!

Haven't played VF since vf4:evo on ps2. I'm excited!

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Do you have to be good to enter those goon tournies because the last time I played a kof game was when I was like 12 at an arcade in Korea

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Speaking of the kof 98 goon tourny, where can I go and learn more about these older games? I know the basics and I've played the games before but I never got in depth so I don't quite know how to make a good team and optimal combos and such.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

I am kinda short on cash right now so I rented the game for like 5 days to see if I liked the game or not.

First few days, I was loving that poo poo. Playing online and chugging combos all day in training and trial modes. But after like day 3, poo poo started to get really boring for some reason. After that new game phase went off, I found myself not really playing the game because it felt really slow and boring.

Well that's just my opinion. It's nothing like tekken like all the other goons said. It's basically a sf4 with tekken characters and some more juggling.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Is there a kof98 rom that has practice modes and poo poo? I can't even practice combos since I have to either fight the dumb AI or just player-less 2p that dies in 3 hits

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Yeah pol taught me how.

Just open up the game, then go to the dipswitch setting and change the MVS to AES

washow
Dec 1, 2007

It's not a fighting game question but I don't know where else to ask.

What are some super fun 3 - 4 player games you could play on emulators of any kind? Already got d&d covered.

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Dane Cook Torrent posted:

What is even going on? it looks like I saw Kaz's string he got in T4 repeated(the first half) over and over until the kick. Is this some kind of blocking training mixed with TEST YOUR MIGHT/ Destroy Barrels ?

I also have no idea what the heck that's supposed to be

washow
Dec 1, 2007

TGG posted:

What if nature knows you're going to bring a jacket so it's cold for a little bit before getting sweltering hot. The solution is yomi layer 9.

Walk around naked. This transcends every layers of yomi. Your yomi is so deep that it's like having no yomi

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Is it just me or does that game look crappy and basically a mk9 reskin?

I know it's similar to mk9 but it's trying to differentiate with the objects and maps and poo poo but those look boring also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

washow
Dec 1, 2007

Well the command list system is pretty cool I guess, showing all the possible chains and junk

• Locked thread