Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

Yeah, he drops hints at making something like mtg every so often. It really shouldn't be a big surprise? I mean it's not like has has already made a card game with poor art/settings before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

Zand posted:

I can almost guarantee that Sirlin has zero desire to create a CCG. On his blog he very frequently speaks very negatively towards the very idea of CCGs.

He's against the idea of a collectible card game, where you have to pay for boosters and things. Like someone said earlier, he'd probably make a LCG.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

The Comboners.

e: the combonerZ

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

Fight Knights

it has fighting in the name but whatever.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

Skullgirls's art is very adequate, it's not terrible but the characters just don't impress me like darkstalkers or sf3.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

I wouldn't really call skullgirls gruesome. Darkstalkers was way more gruesome with jedah and raptor, plus you could cut people in half in that game.

I've taken some time to think about it and I like how Parasol and her soldiers look. She's the best looking character in the game art direction-wise, imo.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

That probably looks gross to a child, or a person who only uses the internet for facebook.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

Smash sucks y'all.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

If I made a Smash clone, I'd make one with original characters or robots, but overhaul the game's mechanics so that it was more competitively viable and less retarded. And remove all flying characters like Meta Knight so games don't devolve into flying under the stage over and over.

Same, but based around king-of-the-hill point capturing in addition to getting kills.

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

Schmendrick posted:

In a way, you could make a big ED article out of the fighting game community.

You COULD, but you're not going to, right?

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

FG's all originally used arcade sticks, and they probably wouldn't be so popular if it were easier to play them on a pad.

Yeah they would, the controls would just be different. People would still love virtually beating up on other people, despite controller choices. That's always going to be popular + cool as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure you can
Nov 3, 2008

Which smash bros? This is important.

• Locked thread