Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Toilet.Duck posted:

Since we are the opposite end of the country to the 'blads' everyone is pretty chill, theres usually a steady run of about 5-6 alternating people though it may quiet down with it nearly being out of term time. Again check neoempire/fightclub and see what's up. If you can make the trip we usually run from 12 til ~5 if that's worthwhile enough.
There's also our little crowd in Manchester - the only hype we get is local abuse, i.e winding each other up in ways we know we don't really mean, and there's at least 5+ players every Saturday afternoon, without fail.*

The only problem is everyone is salty about literally every game, except maybe Marvel. Asking to play Super is going to get you some grief (despite the fact it's the one game we have HUGE events for, like 70+ turnouts) but it's never nasty, like some (read: some awful vocal minorities who really need to remember why we do this) of the London crowd can get.

* - Except, sadly, me. Because I never have the time. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The Q4RAF is a truly amazing piece of kit; Natively works on PS3/360/PC out of the box, a nice weight & size, and a reasonable price. If I didn't already have a dual modded TE, I'd be using one, and plenty of people locally swear by them, they're really good. If you're going to sink money for a non-custom stick, you really could do a lot worse.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Gutcruncher posted:

360 sticks will work on your computer. PS3 sticks may work on your computer. Also the 360 sticks are typically easier to dual mod if you wanna go that route.
To clarify this one as it comes up on a irregular basis - The reason PS3 TE sticks did not work on all PC's was because those PC's (usually) had nVidia chipsets on their USB controllers, or one of the other smaller brands that hadn't licensed UHCI from Intel. The summary of the story is that some numpty in Madcatz decided to use an Intel originated, licensed USB standard for the TE, which means that if you weren't using a chipset that had licensed UCHI, you were poo poo out of luck.

The symptoms of this were that the stick would register just fine in Windows, but if you tried to use it or calibrate in Windows, it'd show as no inputs.

This is solved extremely easily for people without replacing their PC motherboard, by buying a $10 Intel or via USB PCI card, and voila, it'll work just fine. This was compounded hugely because there was a tonne of misinformation knocking around, with people having two machines, one on XP and one on Windows <whatever> and assuming it was an OS difference, when it wasn't.

(I googled when checking the name of the USB standard, and terrifyingly, the SRK.com post on the topic is STILL getting questions to this day. Utterly mindboggling.)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Considering how ludicrously easy it would be to release each version of BB on PC it would be (the leaked version of BBCS showed the cabinet runs it natively in Win32) it's almost depressing they don't bother. But then, I live in Europe, and that means Zen United, which means if you're lucky getting each version shortly after the next version releases in Japan.

It's like they actively don't want EU/UK players, or something.

• Locked thread