Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Club Edition

Snap back

Test your might

The lil' scrappers

The Society of Like Minded Gentlemen for Sparring in Electronic Entertainment

The Answer lies...in the heart of this club.

Countblanc's Punch Out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Are there any news about the KoF inspired Chinese fighting game Xuan Dou Zhi Wang?

Can any Chinese-reading goons tell us what system is it for, and whether it will see international release?

It's an online game in China for PCs, so I doubt it will have any international servers. There's a sub heading under the name which is along the lines of 'The newest and most refreshing online fighting game'.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

PalmTreeFun posted:

Orbital Fugue: Quarfing Xanthic Chrysanthemums.

That the next Final Fantasy fighting game spin off? :haw:

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

Schmendrick posted:

That video was just sad.

Marn aiming for a spot on the pity podium.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

mango sentinel posted:

I can understand making the argument that trash talk, foul language, and crosstalk are part of the FG community, which I think is one of the key aspects that differentiate it from other competitive communities. Sexual harassment crosses a pretty bright line though, and it's one thing to rag on a player for making bad gameplay decisions or refusing to shower, and another to harass them because they have a vagina.

Aris is a controversial figure and they probably did bring him on expecting him to say some outlandish things to get publicity, but having a laserbeam focus on something this heinous is probably not good for Capcom publicity wise. Probably a good thing to have this discussion openly in the community, but I think I'm just gonna get mad about it. For those interested, the Magic the Gathering community is also having some weird metacrisis over misogyny and sexism in their community as well.

Not to derail, but could you give a brief bite on what's happening with the MT:G community and this problem? I haven't played in tournaments in awhile but the types that show up do seem quite fighting gamer-y.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca

mango sentinel posted:

M:TG talk

Thanks for that, and I definitely agree. I still play some cards from time to time with different play groups and it's definitely a lot better and fun with both genders enjoying it together :)

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
All I see is Maverick doing what's right :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Oh cool, I guess this means I have about 3-4 hours during EVO weekend to do something other than watch Smash Bros! Echoing the awesome idea that is the breast cancer donation drive and the secondary fact that everyone gets time to go out for a jog, meet up with friends, put a roast in the oven.

Also

absolutely anything posted:

I hope all of you going to evo this year will abide by the official rules please

I know this is more club meeting rules and not the Smash 'official tournament' rules, but taunting is banned because... it makes people feel bad? :allears: Also the first two rules make it sound like some kind of probation meeting/ cult.

• Locked thread