Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hyung
Jul 22, 2012
I recently saw my first match of the new persona fighting game. Seems to me that it's a sped up Blazblue which could mean it won't be as terrible to watch, but the game itself has weak flow. There's also the problem of that annoying bitch popping up on top corner of the screen yelling inane poo poo. I guess the only thing I have left to be excited for is the new guilty gear coming onto PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyung
Jul 22, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

P4U is as much like BB as BB was like GG. Which is to say it looks like it might be pretty much the same except it's completely different in actual execution.

Also you can turn off the announcers. No idea what you're trying to claim about the game's flow anyway, it's really good and fast.

What I meant by flow is that the combos and attacks you do don't "mesh" together nicely, as in going from one attack to another doesn't seem to be smooth and "flow." It's difficult to explain, and if I do try to explain it'll just sound like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4. It's true that I can't accurately judge how well the game will play without actually playing it for myself, so I'll reserve my complete judgement until I've actually tried it.

hyung
Jul 22, 2012
I don't think games such as BlazBlue, P4A, and Guilty Gear will ever be very popular outside of Japan because many people don't want to associate themselves with anime fighters.

hyung
Jul 22, 2012
I wonder how many fighting game enthusiasts are actually fans of MLP. The concept of an MLP fighting game to begin with is just... it hurts my head. :shrug:

It would be pretty funny to see a showreel of the MLP fighting game after a major tournament, similar to how Skullgirls was showcased.

hyung fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 27, 2012

hyung
Jul 22, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Other way around, EightArc just rebrands Q2's and uses a very slightly different top panel to reposition one or two buttons, but other than that they are internally identical.

The build quality on Qanbas is about like this:
Q1>Q2Pro>Q2>Q4

Eightarcs and Qanbas are pretty decent over all. I personally think there are better asian budget stick makes out there right now (futuresky for one) but they aren't really a thing you can get in the US.

If you want a decent dual od stick you should probably go either a Q4 or a PS1/2 stick run through a converter.

If you can deal with other people and such, you should get someone to dual mod your stick (or do it yourself!) with a Chimp board or a new Cthulhu PCB.

You could also toss the PAewang PCB in there since its cheaper. The build quality on them aint so good though. I have one in two of my sticks and neither has died yet, but I've heard stories of them pooping out on people frequently.

The eTokki Omni is also a viable option (available in Korean and Japanese flavors). Its make and sold by a guy named Laugh (who used to be a super pro Ryu player back in the day) who sells them through his site eTokki.com.

I've heard good things about 8Arcs and Qanbas, but can you explain how it's structurally different from a TE stick? All of them have good reputations, and are nearly at the same price point. I've been considering upgrading my stick to one of higher quality.

• Locked thread