Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

So besides playing a lot every day, what is the best way to get good at a fighting game? I played a ton of them back in the day (I loved Killer Instincts dial-a-combos) but after getting back into Street Fighter 4 AE I get ruthlessly stomped by people who aren't even very good online and in the arcade.

I have been putting in some hours into training mode but after a few hours session I feel like I'm ready to try out the Bread n butters out on people but I never can pull anything off in a real match. What keeps me motivated is watching some of the live streams and seeing the sick things people can pull off.

Digital_Jesus posted:

I'm sure you know more than me, but isn't the stick really close to the buttons?

VV Shows what I know!

Banjo Bones fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

quote! = edit

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Are there any sales coming up for Madcatz sticks and the like? I'd like to spend around $80 on a decent, but not pro-level stick. All the sticks I'm looking at are around $130 which is just a little too much for me.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

That's tempting, but I'm not sure about PS3 only. Is dual modding difficult?

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Wouldn't it be better to get a Qanba Q4 then and not have to mod it?

• Locked thread