Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Gamest Mook posted:

I reuploaded the B3 video since whoever had it up before deleted it. Even if you don't have time to watch the whole thing the grand finals are worth watching.

Thanks for this. I've been looking for this for a long time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Just as a note, the TE S requires a different model of the Kitty. I don't know if Lizardlick has it (I haven't checked) but if not you can get it directly through toodles on SRK. I think the board is the same but there's an extra cable pack or something.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Mochiballs posted:

I've been asking people in my area if they're planning to buy it and the general consensus seems to be that they'll give it a shot. I play near Sunnyvale too which is Street Fighter city so I have high hopes for it.

Have you checked out gamecenter up in San Mateo yet? I go there about once a week to play some GvG but there's almost always been at least one or two people on the kof cab each time I've been there.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I played for a bit a long time ago but I was away for college at the time and just started getting back into it this year in like March. I've met Chunksta a few times because I play at Hiro's every once in a while but I don't play marvel so I haven't played with him at all. I'm on the other side of 237 though so I go to MGL once or twice a week but that's about it. I've been going to gamecenter on Sundays since they have GvG for 25c per play from 3-6. It's way more fun than I expected it to be. I haven't checked out Southtown yet but I've been meaning to for a while. Probably going to try to get out there in the next few weeks.

From what I've seen (just on the ipw streams), kof really seems to be hitting it off up there. I'm interested in seeing what happens when it comes out. Would like to see SVGL or MGL get cabs so I could check it out more easily but I think that's pretty unlikely. I'm sure I'll see you around though, I've been trying to get more active and start going to more local stuff. Went to streetwise for AE on Saturday and only like 10 people showed up so he didn't even bother putting on mvc and 3s, we just did a quick AE tourney and played some casuals. It was still fun though and I'll definitely be at the others and Tight or Fight.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Buhbuhj posted:

Come visit me in #goonsgarden, if I'm around I'll always be up for some vsav. I say that even though I haven't touched the game in like a month :<

Same for me. I've only ever played twice but lately I've been on a kick of picking up old fg's that I missed the boat on competitively, so I've been playing ST and vsav more. Would definitely be down to actually learn this game because I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Fayk posted:

Did somebody say ... Jojos?

I'm surprised you're saying Jojos, not vsav.

I think he means both :colbert:

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Schmendrick posted:

Anyway, Aris reviewed a stick from a new company who wanted him to try it out, and he's loving the product. You can get a dual mod for $185-200, and a guy I spoke to said your stick can come with the sanwa buttons they offer too. I wanna get the dual mod with red/lavender/yellow buttons when I get some more cash.

Eightarc is a sister company to Qanba. Their sticks look really nice, you can check out their site here: http://eightarc.com/

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah just keep asking in IRC. If I'm not busy I'm usually down to play especially since I'm just learning ST too.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Schmendrick posted:

I wouldn't call the Third Strike and SSF4 communities very friendly, but that's just me. For some reason, Third Strike bring the elitist, sperg prick inside most people. Some twits will crucify you if you want to learn how to use a character like Yun whether it's 3S or God forbid AE

Have you ever actually met these people in person though? The communities for these games online and in person could (in general) not be more different.

Konstantin posted:

Who wouldn't pay a $50 buy in for a major?

A LOT of people. I don't think 10 is the right amount, in fact, I think 20 is the sweet spot, but 50 is going to lose a poo poo ton of players.

rivals fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 22, 2011

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Jmcrofts posted:

This video is ridiculously sick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?Sob01PmaSp4

Yep, still broken:

youtube posted:

The URL contained a malformed video ID.
Sorry about that.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Jmcrofts posted:

Sako is notorious for having some of the most insane execution of any fighting game player in the world

This can't be said enough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmY1h2ByUJw&t=91s

rivals fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 25, 2011

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Robolizard! posted:

Im sure its the same art area with a different bezel

It is. Markman confirmed on gaf that you can put that bezel on any TE.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Robolizard! posted:

No. The TE Kitty is easy to install, no soldering required (you strip a few wires on the usb cable, but thats it). There is also the teasy strike

The Teasy Strike is easier and quicker to install but the Kitty gives you better features. Neither require soldering. Just be aware that if you do the Teasy Strike then want to switch to a Kitty it is a pain in the rear end, I just learned that the hard way.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

KOFXIII seems to have broken street date a bit early from the way people are talking on other forums too I'm still hoping mine arrives on the 22nd from amazon.

The cool thing is, if you got in on the release day shipping and it gets in late they give you :10bux:. It's happened on like the last 3 games I've gotten from them because OnTrac sucks at finding my house.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Groghammer posted:

Also, there's the issue that I only have a PS3, most tournaments use Xbox, and the only options for dual-mods are that Eightarc stick that's perpetually sold out, fiddling with the circuitry on a MadCatz, or making my own.

In addition to the ease of installing a TE KItty, there are the Qanba sticks (sister company to eightarc) and I believe focusattack has them in stock right now.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

von Braun posted:

You pretty much need to live in Japan to play it. Isn't the console version like 5 versions old at this point?

The most recent revision is coming to PS3/360 in the US next summer (and probably other places but I don't remember anymore).

Also:

Bathtub Cheese posted:

I'm not a big fan of tournies tbqh. They're at best benchmark for everyone but the top 3 to judge their progress in the game. Tournies are popular in the US because it's a way to hustle scrubs and new players, and the meltdowns over an early matchup against a strong player and shady stuff that happens often enough bears this out. If you have no shot at winning there is no reason at all to enter a fighting game tourney in the US.

hahahahahahahhahhahah. You can't be serious, right?

rivals fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 30, 2011

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

If they are also into AH3 you should get that and play it with me on PSN.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

It's just difficult for people so invested in something to look at it objectively and honestly.

It's not so much this as much as the fact that, for most people, without attending tournaments these things

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Participating in a tourney that you're statistically unlikely to place in is not really worth your time when it could be spent playing casuals -- learning new things/meeting new people or MMs, where you have a much higher chance of a payout and a larger number of games to adapt to your opponent.

aren't really possible (which I realize he addresses in a section of this post that I cut off). I'll admit that with his first post I lumped "tournaments" and "everything that goes along with tournaments" (the things listed above) into one thing hence my response. Not that I agree with him because I think there is value to entering tournaments but I thought I'd clarify my stance.

EDIT:

Groghammer posted:

Hey, I've got AH3! If I haven't mentioned it before in this thread, I'm Roguemagus on PSN. Let's play sometime.

I'll shoot you an invite now. I almost never play so I'm terrible but that game is too fun.

rivals fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 1, 2011

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Qanba preorders $140+shipping right now:

http://eightarc.com/qanba-q4-white-red
http://eightarc.com/qanba-q4-black

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Schmendrick posted:

These sticks are so beautiful! Any reason why they're a little cheaper than the Fusions?

I think just the sale and the fact that it's a preorder. They are sister companies.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

tzz posted:

Do you mean AE2012? PC will get the patch on December 13 too.

This has not been confirmed AFAIK.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

That's awesome, no other announcement had been made that included PC. Everything I've seen/heard has just said "console" and they never specified if it included PC or not. Glad to hear that will be out at the same time.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

It's fun and skill level doesn't really matter because I am literally the Worst Marvel Player.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

You should be able to just resolder the inner wires. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think all that matters is VCC, GND, +D and -D, I don't think the shielding matters. So if you re-solder those 4 lines you should be good to go.

EFB for the most part. Don't forget to put some heat shrink tubing around it.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Forbidden Donut posted:

Thanks for the replies guys. If I don't have the shrink tubing around...will electric tape be acceptable for the time being?

Yeah that's a fine solution, just slightly less permanent.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

From the sounds of it there's no reason he should have to touch the PCB. The cable ripped, just clean up and strip the ends and solder together the correct wires again. It shouldn't even involve opening the case (of course that depends how for up on the wire it got chewed through).

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Apparently this is the first Skullgirls Valentine footage. She seems pretty fun.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, that kid's been a top kof player for years now as I understand. He's one of the only foreigners to win SBO, IIRC. And yes, that's the same kid who just won the China tournament.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

40 OZ posted:

Buy your parts from lizardlick.com.

Please do not do this. They've been neglecting to fill tons of orders and have largely been MIA for a few months now. Check the stick thread on gaf or the lizardlick thread on srk for reference. I suggest using focusattack but I've heard great things about arcadeshock and paradise arcade as well.

EDIT: If you're buying anything Toodles makes (like the Cthulhu for example) just buy it directly from him at http://gdlk.co

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Lizardlick is actually a small shop in NC, and they used to have really great customer service. They are small and used to get backed up due to floods of orders when new games came out. Been a while since I ordered anything though.

Fayk posted:

Really? Weird, what a shame. When I last ordered from Lizardlick (over a year ago) they were awesome. I had y stuff without expedited shipping in like 3 days (they are also in california).

Sucks if they're falling apart - especially since (because of?) they have less competition these days.

Yeah, until recently I heard nothing but great things about them. Here's references to what I've been seeing (most of this is from gaf):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34093183&postcount=17627
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34126083&postcount=17630
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33582098&postcount=17426

There are more but I'm not interested in searching further back

And a couple of lizardlick complaint threads got merged into the lizardlick thread on SRK TT. You can see complaints starting around last October-November:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/greetings-from-lizard-lick-amusements.24203/page-191

And in reference to Jmcrofts' post - I've heard great things about etokki too, just totally slipped my mind when I posted earlier.

rivals fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 10, 2012

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Markman confirmed he showed it to some of the srk TT dudes and that the PCB is in fact dual moddable. Just a matter of time till we see some mods, but working in an enclosure that small is not something I'd really want to do.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Buhbuhj posted:

We aren't in #mbaa cause we are just a bunch of funhavers. Although, there sure is a lot of whining after people play with me :(

You're a filthy cheater.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Ergoglobe posted:

So i finally got around to making a prototype of the controller.

Get an SOCD input cleaner if you're building your own hitbox.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Yeah, Toodles' standard shipping is $6 so I tend to wait till there's other stuff I need to grab from him.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

TEasy Strike is easier to install, but if you go the RJ-45 route with the kitty you get compatibility with ps2, snes, nes, etc etc. Both are very easy to install though.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Fenn the Fool! posted:

The buttons on my SE are going bad, apparently this is due to the bearings corroding, does anyone know anything about replacing those? I've been thinking about buying a set of sanwas anyway, but having the old ones as spares would be nice and the loaner sticks at the gaming lounge at my college seem to be having the same problem, wouldn't mind being able to fix them on the cheap.

Buy them from here, do not use lizardlick for anything marked "preorder" and I've heard that even poo poo in stock is hit or miss lately.

interrodactyl posted:

SFA3 is decently fun until you get good at it, and then you go "ugh what is wrong with this game"

That's why we're doing A2 next, right?

Right?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Brosnan posted:

I've been meaning to edit the OP for that. I added in Paradise Arcade instead because I've been really impressed with the products they've been offering lately. Also, free chocolate! :btroll:

I placed an order with each of them on Monday morning (thanks to FA not having JLFs and Paradise not having the buttons I needed). I got my order from FA yesterday, and I haven't even received word from Paradise if they've shipped or not. Consider me unimpressed for the time being.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Paradise has been slow because Brian has been running around doing stuff to expedite a bunch of new poo poo they're rolling out soon (silent JLF kits! Clear Sanwa plungers!). He's said that he hopes to get all the standing orders shipped by tomorrow.

You have to cut them a little slack, it is run literally out of a guys garage in Hawaii.

Yeah, I mean I've heard nothing but good things, and I'm not going to dock him points or anything for the slower shipping time, but FocusAttack has always been so quick I don't have much reason to order from them except when situations like this happen. Also I'm more antsy than usual because one of the things I ordered is a new microswitch assembly which is currently leaving one of my sticks completely broken. That's cool that they're getting the new silent sanwa parts though. I haven't read any hands on experiences with them yet even though I think MarkMan's been saying he'll write something up soon.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Ehh, wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Zand posted:

pocket fighter is easily one of the least fun fighting games I have ever played in my entire life.

This is disappointing. I loved that poo poo in 6th grade.

• Locked thread