Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

NecroMonster posted:

Down Right Fierce.

This isn't hard.
That name owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
All of these own so far, holy poo poo.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Waterbed posted:

All of those games are dead. Soooooo... who cares.
Dead, esoteric, overly complicated. You can pick a lot of terms to describe them.

I wouldn't care so much if there wasn't a constant torrent of posts about these games in every fighting game related thread. It feels pretty old by this point.

For example:

Cinroth posted:

Someone needs to kick down the door and run up to the catatonic Spooky with one of those big rear end syringes full of Melty Blood and inject it straight in his heart before he crosses the line. heh get it? cross the line. loving lmao
Discussion not even about anime fighting games, let's talk about how anime fighting games are better than unreleased product.

This is only an example of the old, tired opinions that add no substance to the conversation and show them clinging, limpet-like, to a long sunken ship.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

brian posted:

You really went with that as your example? An intentionally awful series of puns about spooky sounding tired on a stream?

Where the gently caress is the opinion in that?
Aw man, you're going to make me trudge through a lot of pages of passive aggressive goonposts to find more poo poo like that?

I hate you.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
the related videos to cabbagepots' promo is a bunch of giantess/vore softcore. Thanks internet, thanks cabbagepots.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

PalmTreeFun posted:

The gems don't even add anything that interesting, it's just poo poo like a 10% damage boost for blocking a couple attacks. It wouldn't really make anything better, and the few that do heavily impact the game do it for the worse. Like the DLC "block everything for a tiny bit of meter" gem. I guess if you could use preorder gems like 30% damage on Pandora activation it'd be nice, but once again they're preorder gems and only a specific few consoles could use them without hacking.

And meters haven't always worked like A-ism. Look at SF4's meter, it's 1 for an EX, 2 for an FADC, and 4 for a super. Or 3S, where it's 1 meter per super, but the size of the bar varies per super and EX moves use some specific length of meter instead of a bar. Super Turbo is just one long bar that gives you one super when full.
The Gems aren't used in tournaments simply because there's no feasible way to allow for Gem selection during a tournament. It already takes forever for button checks, and picking gems adds more prep time, even with a USB key (which still doesn't work at all that well).

One of the things I noticed was that even with the autoblock/autotech gems equipped, your character still gains meter while blocking.

That is dumb, taking something that's meter dependent for defense and providing meter for holding a strong defense seems antithetical. I think that if they changed it around so that whiffing normals/blocking didn't provide meter while you had assist gems for defense/throw tech, that'd make it less retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

dangerdoom volvo posted:

So in response to your "LOL U JUST A DRUNK FRAT BOY U NOT SMART ENUFF FOR DA HARDCORE GAMES LIKE STREET FIGHTER!" or whatever the gently caress I have this to say in return: gently caress you in your stupid loving rear end, you whiny little bitch. If you hate Mortal Kombat and the people who play it so much, get the gently caress out of the thread. You don't see us going into the SF4 thread or the MvC3 thread and calling everyone anime faggots or something. So just shut your stupid loving mouth, if you can do that even. I know it's hard cause you've usually got a million cocks in it.
is this a repost or something because I'm now confused

• Locked thread