Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
Laugh's new stick was released on etokki.com. I'm not sure how I'd feel about blowing $200 on a stick when my execution is still way better on pad for most things. But it's a multiplatform stick without dual-modding, which is always cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Slug in a Box posted:

Persona 4 The Ultimate screenshots:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/09/01/persona_4_fighter/

Definitely kind of looks like the child of BlazBlue and Jojo's with P4's interface. I hope the gameplay's solid, since I love Persona 4.

Teddy as dictator looks pretty awesome, but I'm just holding out until we see video. The last thing I want is another underwater fighter like BlazBlue.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Ono and Harada, BFFs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnf7Ugux0k4

So I guess this means Haggar is in SFxT then? Or am I a dumbass and missed the confirmation beforehand?

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

MadRhetoric posted:

http://forums.selectbutton.net/viewtopic.php?p=1009077#1009077

gently caress kanji.

Lion gently caress those kanji.

Seriously though, universal overheads are awesome. Every game needs them. I'm hoping some good GG/BB players go to TGS on the public days and upload some videos. At this point, I don't care if it plays like JBA, so much as we get a good Persona fighting game.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

Ryu.

He could always just cut out the middleman and use O.Sagat.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Its cute how people assume picking o.sagat is an automatic win when in fact you actually do have to know how to play to use him right

Easy has nothing to do with it. I pick characters based on how much hate mail I'll get with them :cool:

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Cherry Tapping.

C'mon, you know you want to use it.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

NecroMonster posted:

Shamsho collection too.

There's two big strikes against that:

1. No blood.

2. No SSV Special.

If I remember correctly, they hosed up the controls on those ports too.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Mario strikes again t:mad:

I looked up GG and KoF and apparently they have no netplay. So, basically I'm stuck with TvC and Castlevania Judgment if I want to play some Wii :(

No, the lack of blood is all SNK's fault. It was like that in the PS2 version as well.

Maybe in three years or so, we can finally have a home port of V Special on the Neo Geo Station :allears:

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Dias posted:

So, the people that play fighting games around here are apparently kinda into Melty Blood, so I guess I'm picking that game up since they won't play SFIV, the only game I'm competent at. I'm loving around as H-VSion right now, which I guess is one of the strongest characters so good on me. Any pointers for someone that's very new to airdash fighters and that would rather sit full screen from people spamming projectiles?

Where the hell do you live, so I can move there?

Seriously though, I don't play Melty Blood very often anymore, but Melty Bread and the Mizuumi Wiki for Melty Blood are probably the two best resources for the series in English.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

von Braun posted:

DSP did exactly that!

Nothing says "I made it" quite like opening up a store on Cafe Press to sell panties with your face on it.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Brosnan posted:

No, and I really barely played online before, because online Tekken might as well be DoA for how bad it is. :(

But you do get the lovely experience of getting bodied by fursuit King! Also, items are actually worth a drat online.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

PSWII60 posted:

So I understand that the 360 pad is terrible for fighting games and I haven't played a fighting game at more than a basic casual level since Soul Calibur 2, I'd love to get good at Ultimate. I've never really felt comfortable, or competent, with a stick and I always used the D-pad for motions over an analog stick. I remember the PDP fightpad getting some buzz, but is that a decent option? Are the motions accurate on the fightpad's thumbstick, or is that more of a lost cause and I may as well just use the stock pad in that case? Or is this maybe more of a just buy a stick, get used to it, and shut up kind of thing?

I haven't tried out the PDP Pad yet, but I will recommend the Hori EX 2 Pad to everyone I meet. Amazon usually has them in stock, so I'd check there first. I like playing on stick, but I've just resigned myself to the fact that I will always have better execution on pad than on stick. Also, any current game that's not SFIV plays fine on pad.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Dweller posted:

Yeah I saw that comin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyo8cKGUayw

You are a golden god. This almost makes me want to start playing MK again. Almost :unsmith:

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

I love Shun. I love how he starts out fairly meh, but then as you play he gets more and more awesome and drunk until hes the finest assembled rear end-kicking machine.

Dont get me wrong, Im terrible, but Shun makes me feel LESS terrible.

I just remembered back when VF5 was, aside from DOA4, the only online fighter on 360 so people didnt have much choice but to play it, even those who didnt care to learn how to play. So often I could just lay down and start downing drinks two at a time while the other player was wildly flailing around above me, completely unable to hit me while Im laying down.

Also the time I was behind in life in round 1, and instead of trying to make a comeback I just decide to back up, lay down, and get my drunk on for next round. The guy says into the mic 'Dude, Im ahead in life!' Oh hes so silly and thinks Im just taunting him, but no, the drunken murder machine had the last laugh. 3 rounds in a row.

Do you goons PROMISE to play Final Showdown with me? Pinky swear?

Pinky loving swear!

I know lots has changed between 5 and Final Showdown, but I might dig out my 360 copy anyway to readjust to the game.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Buhbuhj posted:

I don't want to sound like Darkstalkers fanboy but I would probably go for the monster type(any mythological beings even) theme Capcom has going there. Probably 3v3 KOF style but gameplay more similar to GG with airdashes and a burst. I haven't really thought about this much as you can tell. It also needs to be stupid fast to suit my ADHD.

Take out burst and this is probably my dream fighter, too.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

One thing I'd like to see come back is the white life mechanic from Vampire Savior. It was such a good way of both promoting aggressive play and acting as an anti-snowball mechanic that I'm a little disappointed that no other game has attempted it.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Soulcleaver posted:

New, expensive, easily moddable Mad Catz controller. Does anyone know if it's any good for fighters?

I paid $30 for my Hori 360 pad, and it's better than the stock pad by a mile. I have no idea what this one would have to justify that price tag.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

MelvinTheJerk posted:

loving SERIOUSLY.

The King of Fighters series has so many interesting characters and the XIII decided to add almost none of them.

If you're actually upset that a character is missing from a KOF game, maybe you're into the wrong series? If I threw a fit about every game that Heidern isn't in, I'd be able to play like 3 games.

Just squint and pretend Clark is Blue Mary an a metric fuckton of roids.

edit:^^^^^ Tap up then down?

Bovineicide fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 13, 2012

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

uncleKitchener posted:

Regarding the question on pad vs. stick, just play on the stick. Think of it as a challenge. If you get really bored or frustrated, place your crotch on the stick and play that way. Bonus points for pulling off Hadokens/Flash Kicks with forward thrusts.

Besides, pads just look retarded, especially the 360 pad.

Though on a serious note, I don't think you can play certain 3D fighters like Virtua Fighter competitively without a stick. Certain characters like Akira and Kage are pretty much inaccessible to you if you play on pad. Wave dashing in Tekken with a pad is a nightmare, but hell of a lot easier to it on a stick. So yeah, you're just making it hard on yourself.

Wait, isn't wave dashing easier on pad? I was always under the impression that pad players have an advantage in Tekken. I've never played it on stick, really, so I don't have much of a point of comparison.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Why wouldn't you burst there? Did he think he was trying to bait it for 30 ticks? :psyduck:

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Aquapazza coming to PS3 this June.

4 new characters, 2 new assists, standard bevy of console version modes.

Wasn't that the game that was only at Tougeki last year because a bunch of yakuza said so? Or is that Examu games in general?

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

The home release of Tekken 6 also came out two loving years after the original arcade version. At least we've only got 9 months to go before it comes out on console. Hopefully it has the same netcode as Soul Calibur V.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

I am downloading the poo poo out of that beta when I get home from work. Reminds me of Dark Presence, except it actually exists.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Crackbone posted:

What the gently caress? This some mom's-basement studio project, right?

You're saying that like it's a bad thing. It's like someone pirated a copy of After-Effects and decided to make a game using just that, somehow.

Apparently you have to register on their forum to get the beta version, but my confirmation email isn't loving coming :saddowns: I'm not going to fault them for not having English as their first language, but holy gently caress this site is a mess.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

It looks like the Jolly Green Giant is the only playable character in this one, and he only has five moves so far and can't jump. It looks like they took down the older betas where you could play as KD Lang as well. There's a lot of weird, hosed up mechanics in this game, like not being able to jump over or cross up your opponent according to the FAQ. I like the look of the game, though :shobon:

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Crackbone posted:

Or why instead of digitizing the fatalities, the current stage has walls mysteriously appear surrounding the characters and it cuts to a video of a fatality that looks like it was filmed behind somebody's house.

Blood shows up better on a white wall, duh :rolleyes:

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Zero000 posted:

Oh man, KOF 13 arcade glitches.

There were tons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AQib3fjTjqM#t=18s Just look up on youtube "Crazy Encyclopedia kof 13" vids and they have some of the glitches.

Vice just flat out broke the game so she was pretty much soft banned, Takuma got free meter for no reason, Iori flew off the stage after something. Meaty unblockable on Iori. Raiden's drop kick was just loving loud in the arcade, infinites, etc

Goro was able to get free meter from the same glitch as Takuma. It's night and day between the two versions of the game.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

I tried to give SFXT an honest chance, but it is one of the most boring fighting games I've ever touched. Of course, no one locally wants to play anything else but that now :suicide:

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

A lot of the cast (most of tekken) have really awful walk speed. However with the faster air game and various normals that move characters about I'd say overall the game is faster than SF4. That isn't saying much though I admit.

Compared to what? Most cross cancel BnBs do between 400 - 500 health (without Gems). That's half health for a lot of characters.

And they get half of that back when they tag out. Given how often rounds end in a time out in this game, characters either have too much health or the clock ticks down too fast.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

What's the advantage of picking a single character in TTT2U? Not sure if you deal more damage or what.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Yeah, this is why game designers shouldn't listen to fans. Ever. I was really looking forward to the home version, too :(

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Flying High posted:

There is a rumor going on that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD is coming to XBOX LIVE soon!

It comes from this post from NeoGAF.com's forums

If this is true i am going to spend 2400 MS points coming soon, on this and Skullgirls!

Unless there's a way to ban Petshop from online play, this won't even last a week.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is, considering they put in the character ban system in 3soe.

That wouldn't keep people from picking him in ranked, would it? I didn't bother with matchmaking in 3SO that much.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Are they rebalancing TTT2 before console release? Because honestly, it looks like the least fun game since BlazBlue.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Dane Cook Torrent posted:

Based off of what? The 1v2 and 1v1 aspect? If not that, can you cite something specific? Have you ever played Tekken with anyone good?

I suck at Tekken, and very few people around here play Tekken v:shobon:v Tekken 6 was basically the first Tekken since Tag 1 that I actually enjoyed, and it even got me into watching Tekken Crash for about a season or so. I'm also probably one of five people who thought the Bob finals at Evo was awesome. I think it's cool that games like CvS2 and Skullgirls let you choose your team size, but it's kind of stupid how they handled that in the new version of TTT2. I didn't think rage was a terrible mechanic before, but holy poo poo it's dumb now.

Granted, I haven't played the game myself, but watching 1v2 matches is an exercise in frustration.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Honestly, I hope they just leave it alone at one version like they did with HnK. It's really fun right now, and I'd hate for them to have the chance to gently caress something up. Though with how popular Persona is right now, I doubt that's going to happen.

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Teddy Roosevelt looks disproportionately bad rear end compared to the rest of the cast. Pretty fitting, so they got my vote :colbert:

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

redmercer posted:

Seems to me like a lot of the reason arcades are dying out is because they're run like a turn-key business and they either don't give a poo poo if controls break or honestly don't know how to swap out a button.

Galloping Ghost in Illinois feels like this even though there's a lot of love to the place. I think the whole arcade is maintained by one guy and it shows. Old Capcom fighters like Darkstalkers and CvS will have broken fierces, and the big showcase cab for SSFIV has had a loose spring in the joystick on the 1P side since they opened. It's a shame, because they have a lot of hard to find games and even complete collections of a series. They even have Ninja Baseball Batman, but the 2P side was kinda hosed the last time I was there. The second player would constantly be switching characters :psyduck: I don't know if that meant the board is dying or what :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

At least we can all agree that the new Darkstalkers will have a really dumb comeback mechanic that everyone will hate, right?

• Locked thread