Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.
Is there a rule against using a broken stick? Like if the head breaks off, it can still be used to poke at the puck and stuff. But it seems like guys just throw it away and skate around uselessly until they make a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Thanks duders. I must say, I'm pretty new to hockey and still can't follow the action completely like in some other sports, but I've been converted in a big way. It seriously is the best sport. For years hockey was just a lot of chaos to me, but now I see that the strategy, balance, and mechanics are really incomparable. Like spending entire shifts or more, just gradually pushing and pushing the defense until an opening appears... it's beautiful. And a million other things but I'm still new and don't really know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, how about dropped sticks? Can an opposing player just smack it to the other side of the ice? If a ref picks it up to get it out of the way, can the player take it back or does he have to get a new one?

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

So, faceoffs. There's always one guy who has his stick down as the puck is dropped. Is it advantageous to have your stick down first? What decides which of the mans is doing the thing?

vvv Thanks! Now I know hockey.

Legerdemain fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 24, 2013

• Locked thread