Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Okposolypse
Jan 1, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Kekekela posted:

If anyone saw the overtime goal in the Colorado/Bolts game tonight...is it likely that the scorer was actually aiming at Garon's leg to bounce that one in, or is more like just put it in a general area and hope something good happens? I'm leaning towards the later but I guess just kind of wondering about how good guys are at that sort of thing at the highest levels.

A scorer can pick areas andif given space even corners. Jeff Tambellini is a great example of this. In teh shootout he is unsaveable cause he can pick any corner with an absolute laser beam shot and he'll do it but but a few strides past the blueline. Goalies can't react and can't cheat so its eaither just high, post, or in and its usually in. In game though he can't do that, no space, no time, to setup his wrister.

Matt Moulson for me is a good player in terms of his shot selection. Mixes it up and uses his shots to create rebounds when he doesn't have a good sniping angle but has space to do more than dump and chase.

Okposolypse fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Dec 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okposolypse
Jan 1, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
The islanders are a good team to root for if you wanna root for the team with the best player, the lamb of the world, John Tavares. They also have a great prospect pool with depth at every position and are a few currently productive pieces away from being a playoff team. If certain things go right (Boyes revitalizes himself in the baptismal waters of the holy tavares, Lubo returns to even 75% of the player that led the league points as a d-man 2 seasons ago, and Nabakov still has game) they actually can stay competitive. Alot of guys were playing during the lockout. But the interdivisional games may kill them.

Also Brooklyn will net them 35m more in revenues per year on luxury boxes alone. Basically they should have some money to spend to support a great young core but not a contender now.Rangers have the best team now. Stacked.

If you like swedish netminders, we have one named ANDERS Nillson and he goes by the name of THOR. We also have three swedish dudes on a line called the UPS line that has kind of owned in the AHL and the oldest one is a good bet to make the NHL this year.

Also our TV guy is Howie Rose. Howie Rose is a class act a premier sports announcer who has made legendary calls for the Mets, Isles, and Rangers (back when he was a young lad, and he got to call meaningful games). Poor guy has nothing to cheer for but get angry when ESPN mocks Tavares.

Okposolypse fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 7, 2013

Okposolypse
Jan 1, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

MonsterWalk posted:

So, I'm jumping back into hockey this year and I shall take up my flag as Blue Jackets fan. I know Nash left (blessing be upon him) but what should I know about the current state of the team? Players? Team I should hate with a passion?

Your teais going through a rebuild but has valued assets and John Davidson as team Pres. They will suck this year but if they can nab Jones/Barkov/MacK/Drouin and one of Ekblad or McDavid the next two theyll be set. They could be better sooner but honestly they dont have the goaltending or high end offense to make up for a hodgepodge blueline.

Okposolypse
Jan 1, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
On the note of penalties, Isles under Gordon I think exploited a rule where a Team couldnt return to full strength until a stoppage in play because the other team substituted a player to serve a penalty. What ensued was a 2 minute PP ending in time but not in manpower.

Okposolypse
Jan 1, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

thehustler posted:

Can you explain this a different way please, my Limey brain is lost :(

A penalty was called on the opposing team. The player serving it couldnt exit the box till a stoppage in play even though the time expired. Additionally nobody off the bench could enter the game for him. Isles avoided freezing the puck and steetched a man advantage past its expiration cause no stoppage meant no return to even steength. Ir was bizarre and Howie Rose had to figure it out on the fly IIRC because it was so bizarre and a play you never see.

Also Im pretty sure it involved a substitution for who was serving it so they could keep thier guy as a PK option but Isles made that read and the teams gamble sort of cost them.

Does anyone remember this? It was againsy a western conf team I think, want to say the Coyotes.

Okposolypse fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 3, 2013

• Locked thread