Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Useless Rabbit
Jan 27, 2009

Che?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Caitlin posted:

Bonnie & Clyde

Yes and yes!

You guys got those quicker than I expected. I'll have to ramp up the difficulty next time!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Pretty sure this is Pumpkinhead.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
Repost the ones that wasnt guessed... WITH HINTS!

HINT 1: Scene from a film involving hackers
1)

4)
Caitlin has "Puberty Love" on her "Boner Jams" playlist on her MP3 player Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

HINT 1: Movie was based on a comedy skit
7)

9)
Sir Nose is back in action, with Bumpy and Willie! Shaft's Big Score

HINT 1: The director of this movie worked on "The Fighter"
10)

BooDoug187 fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 1, 2012

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

BooDoug187 posted:

HINT 1: This film spawned 2 sequels and a tv show
4)

Honey I Shrunk the Kids?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

BooDoug187 posted:

HINT 1: This film spawned 2 sequels and a tv show
4)

4 is absolutely Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. One of my favorite films of all time. :3:

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Caitlin posted:

4 is absolutely Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. One of my favorite films of all time. :3:

Sir Nose posted:

Shaft's Big Score

CORRECT

Kyle Hyde posted:

Night at the Roxbury?

Sir Nose posted:

Coneheads?

WRONG

BooDoug187 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 1, 2012

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

BooDoug187 posted:

7)

Night at the Roxbury?

Atticus Bongman
Oct 12, 2009

BooDoug187 posted:

7)

Superstar?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I'll be so surprised if anyone gets this. Take some shots in the dark, people!

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

escape artist posted:

They Live?

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

loosechanj posted:

They Live?

No!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

escape artist posted:

Fight Club?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

BooDoug187 posted:

7)

Coneheads?

BooDoug187 posted:

HINT 1: Scene is from the 2nd film of a trilogy.
9)

Shaft's Big Score?

Sir Nose fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 1, 2012

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

escape artist posted:

Twins? I've no idea.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

escape artist posted:

Goodfellas?

Riki-oh: The story of head explosion?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The Informant! ??

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Razorback??

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A: Guessed by Jigg The Man Who Wasn't There

B: Guessed by Tars Tarkas Clue

C: Guessed by RJWaters2 Birdemic: Shock and Terror

D:

E: Guessed by Mister Chief Indie Game: The Movie

Nikaer Drekin fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 3, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Indie Game: The Movie.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yup! Got it. I didn't even notice the Meat Boy sticker out of focus in the background when I took the screenshot, that was probably something of a giveaway.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Clue

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
“Okay,” said Lucy, “this is how it’s going to happen.” She pulled the pencil away and thrust it in, straight through the Vampire Lord’s heart. He sputtered, seeming to gasp for air, and then slumped over with a groan.

Then there was silence. It seemed as if every Vampire in the room was holding its breath. The tension released in the form of a plasma volley, shots striking the floor and the altar alike, one or two even ripping into the Vampire Lord’s limp body. Lucy quickly skittered behind the altar, yanking Mort’s body down with her so that they both could take cover.

In her haste, Lucy couldn’t take much care in pulling Mort to the floor. He landed with a loud thud and began to stir. Lucy peeked out from behind the altar, shining her solar flashlight to discourage any Vampire attackers from a direct assault.

“Lucy?” Mort sputtered. “Whatthehell’s… whereinnahell are we?”

“Freaky cult vampire room, Uncle Mort, nothing to worry about.” A Vampire landed directly in front of her and screamed; she tugged a bulb of garlic from her belt and shoved it in his mouth before kicking him away. “Just wait a few minutes until Ox busts us out, I’m sure he won’t be too long! Here, wave this flashlight around for a bit, will ya?”

Mort groggily jerked the flashlight around, causing several of the Vampires to fall to the floor in pain, some dropping mid-flight. Lucy picked out cloves of garlic and tossed them around, making a sort of perimeter around the altar. They held their ground, but the plasma shots kept coming and crumbling the altar. Just when they thought they would have no cover left, a loud boom echoed through the asteroid. Another followed it, and another, until the Vampires froze in place to listen. There was a long pause, and then a round chunk of rock exploded from the ceiling, the silver plating of the Oxford showing through the dust.

They heard Oxford’s voice. “Lucy, Mort! You’re going to want to hold on to something!” Once they had braced themselves on the altar, the atmo-bubble surrounding the asteroid dissolved. The vacuum of space permeated the Vampire base, and all the inhabitants were torn from the room and out the hole in the roof. All, that is, except for Translucia and her uncle. They gripped the altar until they felt their fingers couldn’t take any more stress. Then the altar finally gave way, breaking apart and launching into space through the ceiling.

It looked like Mort and Lucy were going to go with it. Fortunately, Oxford was watching the hole he’d blown in the asteroid; just as they reached the opening, they found themselves enveloped in a purple energy field. They drifted up, along with a few chunks of the altar, into the bridge of the Oxford. The hatch sealed below them and Mort and Lucy dropped to the floor, glad to feel gravity’s reliable embrace.

Lucy grinned at her uncle. “One hell of a nap, huh, Uncle Mort.”

“Don’t swear, Lucy.” He grinned right back. “You’re right, though, I think that nap was more stressful than our past few missions put together. I think I’ll need to take a bonus nap just to even things out. Ox, get us far away from here and put us on drift for a while, okay?”

Oxford said over the intercom, “Might want to put the kibosh on that for now, Captain. Headquarters just called in about a squad of pirates with a nuclear payload holding a primitive world in the Acamar system hostage. Wants us to mediate the conflict.”

“Oh,” said Mort. “Oh, son of a bitch!”

Nikaer Drekin fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 15, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

No!

Grave $avings posted:

Twins? I've no idea.

No!

piratepilates posted:

Goodfellas?

Riki-oh: The story of head explosion?

No squared!

Hint: It's deliberately vague and has no indicators of the story, characters, or anything at all... I've got some more screenshots for later but I'm enjoying finally stumping you all.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Nikaer Drekin posted:

C:

That's gotta be Birdemic: Shock and Terror.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Indeed it is!

(Why did he not just PICK UP THE GAS CAN???)

Atticus Bongman
Oct 12, 2009

Men in Black?

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Nope!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The Ring

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Translucia dashed to the ship’s armory, Oxford bobbing in the air by her side. She opened the door and looked through the stash of plasma launchers, nuclear pulverizers, nano-knives, and all manner of explosive implements. Each was categorized based on what alien species would be particularly sensitive to its own brand of destruction. A quick search, however, revealed that none of them were designed to kill a Noctus vampyrus, colloquially “vampire”. So, instead, Translucia decided to check the greenhouse.

Minutes later the Oxford rocketed through space toward the Vampires’ asteroid colony. The Vampires picked it up on their scanners and took up defensive positions, long gnarled wings twitching with apprehension. Some wielded plasma turrets and miniguns, others trusting their handy rifles to do the job. They fired off a hail of warning shots, but the ship would not be frightened away, so they opened fire on the vessel with all they had.

The Oxford weaved away from the streaking green missiles, the few that made contact bouncing off of its front shields. The Vampires realized their assault was doing no good; their commander waved for them to stop firing. The ship hovered in front of them for a moment before extending what looked like a massive lamp. It switched on, coating the landing in rich, warm light and searing the skin of the Vampire defenders.

Lucy and Oxford jumped into the escape pod and shot down to the surface. When they popped out, the first wave of defenders had scattered, a few still writhing in pain under their spotlight’s new solar bulb. They hopped out of the pod and ran to the core of the asteroid.

The two encountered a pair of Vampire soldiers rushing forward to beat back the assault. Lucy raised a bulky iron gun and fired, drenching them with a pungent white spray. They let out an awful scream when the processed garlic hit them and dropped convulsing to the ground. Lucy and Oxford darted past them into the antechamber.

“I told Uncle Mort that weaponized juicer would be worth buying! Remind me to gloat once we find him,” Lucy said.

“Will do, Miss Lucy,” Oxford said, an electronic sigh hissing out of his beak.

They reached the antechamber to find it entirely deserted. Looking around, they saw the stage and noticed a large figure lying down on an altar slab, cloaked in a blue glow. Lucy shouted, “Uncle Mort!” and ran toward him, but just as she drew near, the Vampire Lord phased into the space beside the altar, a wicked grin stamped across his face. Oxford and Lucy stopped short, heard a wave of cackles all around them. A ring of Vampires advanced with plasma rifles, and Lucy reluctantly dropped her garlic-blaster.

“Well, Child, here we find ourselves at last,” the Vampire Lord crooned. He hauled up Mort’s limp body. “I have no problem with letting you go; you’ve shown tenacity and that should be rewarded. However, it’s too late for your uncle. My kin and I need energy, and he must be the one to provide it. Your punishment for disobedience is that you will watch the feeding as it takes place. A rare privilege for an outsider, but I know the pain it will cause you.”

Lucy watched him smile his mad smile and knew that something had to be done, but every course of action entailed some risk.

Which do you think would be more effective? Should Lucy try to USE A SMALL SECRET WEAPON to catch the Vampires off guard? It would also be possible to DESTROY THE ENTIRE ASTEROID with the Oxford’s weapons systems, but that could kill everyone aboard, including her and Mort.

Nikaer Drekin fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 15, 2013

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

The Descent

BooDoug187 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 2, 2012

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

It looks a lot like the 1998 godzilla.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Scary! posted:

It looks a lot like the 1998 godzilla.

Not that or The Descent. Keep trying!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

My first thought was Memories Of Murder but I already checked and it's not.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Sanctum, then!

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Zwabu posted:

Sanctum, then!

Noooooooo

I'll give it till tomorrow or so and then post another screenshot if nobody gets it.

Jigg
Jul 6, 2004

The Man Who Wasn't There?

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The Oxford strafed in front of the asteroid’s landing dock. It traded fire with the Vampire defenders, shooting off all manner of rockets and missiles, even letting some of the escape pods fly loose to collide with the bloodsuckers. One of the escape pods seemed to miss its mark, however. Its jets propelled it over the asteroid in a wide arc until it crashed down on the rear balcony. There were no guards left there to see it. All had been sent to secure either the landing dock or the main antechamber.

The lone escape pod’s hatch swung open, and Translucia popped out with toucan-Oxford at her side. The two looked around to make sure their entrance hadn’t been detected before slipping into the hallways of the Vampire compound. The back half of the asteroid was dead quiet. The two slunk through the darkness, looking for any sort of clue as to where Mort could be hidden. They heard echoes of a conversation, and followed them until the words became clear. She and Ox found themselves backstage, separated from the two men talking by a sackcloth curtain.

“Lord, I don’t think it’s a wise idea to let our troops sit out there and be decimated by that ship!”

“Nonsense. That’s the way they’ll be trying to enter, I swear it. Anyway, we have more than enough troops to keep the antechamber well-guarded.”

“You’re not using reason, my Lord, you’re trusting your gut. I don’t know how reliable that’ll be in keeping our… guest safe.”

“Not very!” Lucy shouted, and jumped out onto the stage. She snatched up a flashlight from her belt and flicked it on, shining it in the face of the creature beside the Vampire Lord. The solar bulb’s radiation sizzled his skin, made him crumple to the stone floor. She kept the beam steady on him and noticed her uncle lying unconscious on an altar nearby.

She glanced to the Vampire Lord, expecting fear or shock, but he only laughed.

“A fine effort, First Mate Translucia. You’ve underestimated me and my fellows, I must say, by a great deal.”

A plasma shot flew out from the blackness and struck the flashlight out of her hand. Another cut down Oxford’s metal bird body—not a tragedy since his personality would be sent right back to the ship, Lucy knew, but he’d be a lot more useful if he was there to talk to.

Without hesitating, Lucy tackled the Vampire Lord. She got behind him, wrapped an arm around his neck, and drew a pencil out of her pocket. She held the point against his chest and dragged him back to the altar.

“Looks like we’re even,” Lucy said. You’ve underestimated me, too.”

If you were Lucy, what would you do? Would you try to USE YOUR HOSTAGE to get Uncle Mort back, or do you WAIT FOR OXFORD to help you out of this bind?

Nikaer Drekin fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 15, 2013

Atticus Bongman
Oct 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Not yet guessed:

(Same movie for both shots)

New image, same movie:

• Locked thread