Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Snak posted:

This isn't Kiss of the Dragon is it?

Was Kiss of the Dragon set in Chicago because that sure looks like the Chicago River!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Kyle Hyde posted:

Time for some Drama!

Trainspotting (The Worst Toilet in Scotland)

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Kyle Hyde posted:

Negative.

Action/Adventure!

Big Trouble in Little China :buddy:

Also...

Kyle Hyde posted:

And new capture from the unguessed movie:

Additional hint: Movie was made 10 years ago and is based on a book.

Hearts in Atlantis?

vv I upgraded from six to seven? Bitchin'.

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Aug 27, 2011

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Secks posted:

Nope! This is a film adaptation of a novel.

It's The Man Who Laughs. Sorry I'm late to the party, Jason. :ssh:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

the_reading_rainbow posted:

I hate to ask... Fast Five?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

AA is for Quitters posted:

and the one that no one's gotten yet.

With hints! (cause it's apparently a lot more obscure than anything else by the director): Guy in pic 1 may be a lot more familiar to y'all wearing sweater vests and with a whole lot more gray hair, comes from a "trilogy" of films by the same director exploring a theme, and features someone that was also in The Graduate.

It's The Parallax View and that's William Daniels and everyone should know who William Daniels is dammit.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

BooDoug187 posted:

Okay, time for the hint for this one,

HINTThe last line of this movie is the female lead crying and screaming "IT ATE HIS HEAD!"
5)

From Beyond.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

BooDoug187 posted:

BINGO! I am surprised it took this long!

I am also surprised it took this long, I was holding off because I figured my crush on Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton made my guess unfair. And my love-hate relationship with Stuart Gordon... ugh, why you make such bad films when you occasionally make awesome films? :(

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

BooDoug187 posted:

Here is my repost WITH EVEN MORE HINTS!

HINT When this movie was released it had a "updated" rap soundtrack
HINT This movie had a lovely strait to DVD sequel that had no one from the original in it, and some lovely WWE wrestlers in it!
1)

Black Mask. I saw it in theaters. :doh:

oh balls haha I didn't even notice this :

quote:

HINT This movie was cut to match up with a 1971 progressive rock album
HINT The lead actor in this movie also stared in the directors yakuza trilogy
3)

Deadly Outlaw Rekka. :swoon: Miike~

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 3, 2011

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

westborn posted:

Correct!

Oh my... might the origin of pretty much all your problems with my posts simply be that you're viewing them on a smartphone, pad or netbook with awkwardly low resolution?
If so, maybe you could have simply mentioned that and those 'problems' in a less assholish fashion, it somehow must have slipped my mind to carefully optimize my posts for those kinds of resolutions...

In any case, here's the thing: Simply repeating 'awful' doesn't help fix problems I'm not seeing.
I appologize for not making it easier for your brain to comprehend my silly attempts to contribute some entertainment to this thread with a formatting everybody with at least 1024px width shouldn't have any problems with.

I'm viewing this thread in 1920x1080 with 46" of desktop area and it's still loving poorly formatted now shut up and stop derailing when someone brings up a valid point about the confusing-rear end formatting on your posts.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

P.M.F. posted:

Nowhere :toot:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Useless Rabbit posted:

Jaws?

I know you're right because the next words are "SHARK ATTACK"

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

As long as we are bring back some old ones, here are a few of mine (some with previously added hints) that have still yet to be guessed. Don't let me down, goons!

7. If anyone guesses this one I'll be very impressed.

Man with the Movie Camera

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

4 is The Russia House.

Retroactively spoiled so other people can have fun and stuff.

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 20, 2012

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

^^ :mad:

Nothing to Lose

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Dumplings?

Caitlin fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 29, 2012

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

I know my movies about eating fetuses, clearly. Yay!

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Bonnie & Clyde

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

BooDoug187 posted:

HINT 1: This film spawned 2 sequels and a tv show
4)

4 is absolutely Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. One of my favorite films of all time. :3:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Optimus Prime Ribs posted:

Hint: This hallway is in a unit inside an apartment building. Something loud and startling is about to occur.

[REC]

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Anatharon posted:

'course. It was one of the few scenes without Wiebe, Mitchell, a Donkey Kong Cabinet, or the name of a location in it. :v:

LEVEL UP!

Chasing Ghosts

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

The Last Exorcism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Now that you mention it, I'd bet on it being Four Rooms (as in I'm pretty sure you're right).

• Locked thread