Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgaroktonos
Aug 24, 2010

by Lowtax
I think it's worth noting that the sixties SM comics--indeed, most of the sixties Marvel line--are better read not only as part of a "Silver Age", but as part of the nascent countercultural zeitgeist. Most Marvel authority figures of the sixties were reactionary assholes--which was revolutionary, I think. Take the two major figures of the DC Silver Age: The Flash and the Green Lantern. Barry Allen more or less works for the pigs, while Hal Jordan is a military test pilot, and is, in effect, a pig of a different sort. Meanwhile, Spider-Man is constantly being chased by the cops, while the military chases the Hulk around the southwest US. They're very much of their time and place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgaroktonos
Aug 24, 2010

by Lowtax
A question for someone who hasn't followed the Ultimate books for about five years:

When did Ultimate Reed make a heel turn, so to speak? Is there a specific issue, or was it a gradual thing?

Bulgaroktonos
Aug 24, 2010

by Lowtax
Spoilers for Ultimates:

What do comic book writers have against Uruguay? This is the second time it's been nuked, in two different companies.

Bulgaroktonos
Aug 24, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm a bit of a latecomer to the Ultimate Universe.

What exactly was the story behind the whole Loeb thing? Did he get canned? What was up with that?

• Locked thread