Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Klaaz posted:

Wacken is great if you like cow poo poo and streams of piss passing by your tent and thousands of tourists staying 24 hours a day on the campsites because they hate heavy metal but like eating bockworst and cow poo poo and streams of piss

To be fair, they also like screaming "Slayer" at all hours of the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

To be fair, they also like screaming "Slayer" at all hours of the day

that goes for every European metal festival i've been

In Belgium they mix it up with "Timmeeeh" because that's still cool over there

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Lol regardless I was hyped for the experience. And to see mercyful fate among a few others. Have family in belgium so it was gonna be a side trip

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’d love to see a huge crowd of drunken European rock fans for a couple days even if the bands weren’t good.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

Snowy posted:

I’d love to see a huge crowd of drunken European rock fans for a couple days even if the bands weren’t good.

Yeah, I was just looking forward to having a weird adventure with my brother, seeing a few bands and rockin out.

Anyway a buddy of mine turned me onto this album last week, sorry if it's been posted. Not earthshatteringly good death metal, but well worth a listen.

Void Ceremony - Entropic Reflections Continuum: Dimensional Unravel
https://listen.20buckspin.com/album/entropic-reflections-continuum-dimensional-unravel

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Wacken is actually really fun. Probably my favourite festival when the weather is not extremely terrible. I like that entire medieval village area where you can actually get quality food. Sound quality is good, no volume restrictions as far i know, crazy drunk germans and you can park your car right at your camping spot which is loving awesome.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

Klaaz posted:

Wacken is actually really fun. Probably my favourite festival when the weather is not extremely terrible. I like that entire medieval village area where you can actually get quality food. Sound quality is good, no volume restrictions as far i know, crazy drunk germans and you can park your car right at your camping spot which is loving awesome.

We’ll see now I’m bummed to be missing it again. Still may go next year, but might have a newborn around that time so uhhh, don’t think I’d get the ok on it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
My mother just informed me that she intends to watch Wacken this year.

:black101:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Hey, thank you to whoever it was that posted Unleash the Archers in here, very into them this past week or two

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Evil Bob posted:

We’ll see now I’m bummed to be missing it again. Still may go next year, but might have a newborn around that time so uhhh, don’t think I’d get the ok on it.

I think 2021 already sold out. Or maybe just early bird?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
listened to the 4 re-recorded Clayman tracks + the new instrumental

the instrumental is definitely the best part imo

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Killingyouguy! posted:

Hey, thank you to whoever it was that posted Unleash the Archers in here, very into them this past week or two

hell yeah, they are great

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There's an Enslaved livestream for Roadburn happening right now, and they sound fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLCXhJnYJE

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

I think 2021 already sold out. Or maybe just early bird?

Exchanged my 2020 ticket for 2021. Whether the consensus is "Wacken sux" or not, it's now a pilgrimage that must be made after being denied it this year.

Yesterday an extremely clean copy of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath came in the mail for me. Gatefold edition. Repress from 96 on 180g vinyl. Original plastic sleeve. Mmmm it was very nice to open up. I know this isn't the vinyl thread, but if I cant talk about sabbath here then what the gently caress. Can't wait to play it this weekend.

Evil Bob fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 30, 2020

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Evil Bob posted:

Exchanged my 2020 ticket for 2021. Whether the consensus is "Wacken sux" or not, it's now a pilgrimage that must be made after being denied it this year.

Yesterday an extremely clean copy of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath came in the mail for me. Gatefold edition. Repress from 96 on 180g vinyl. Original plastic sleeve. Mmmm it was very nice to open up. I know this isn't the vinyl thread, but if I cant talk about sabbath here then what the gently caress. Can't wait to play it this weekend.

That rules, your only crime is NO PICS!

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Evil Bob posted:

Can't wait to play it this weekend.

If you're not smoking, you're not doing it right.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

If you're not smoking, you're not doing it right.

Its scripture man, can't be sacreligious! Herbs must be burnt!

Ill get pics after lunch. My phone camera is broken so it takes effort these days. I can say i got butterflies unpacking it. It's cherry.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1288963431903657985?s=20

loving lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Very metal?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

god damnit

e: pestilence is metal, yes

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxcn1g_eluQ

Album artwork on point.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj5Ajt3r5xA

edit: pestilence is a better choice

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 31, 2020

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

That artwork is wild

Here's the record that came in

Currently rocking the hell out to killing yourself to live

However, Theres a decent scratch through the end of A National Acrobat and the beginning of Fluff. The Media Condition was listed as Mint. I feel it has to have been opened and inspected at one point before selling.

Feelin a little hurt by the seller :smithcloud:

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Ask them to make it right! They likely don't want a bad review. Mint means mint, not two scratches.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat
black sabbath is one of my favorite bands of all time (go figure) but the way they retconned bill ward out of all their promo pics on their site really put a sour taste in my mouth.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

black sabbath is one of my favorite bands of all time (go figure) but the way they retconned bill ward out of all their promo pics on their site really put a sour taste in my mouth.

WOaahhhhhhhhhh :wtf:

Evil Bob fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 31, 2020

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I forgot why Bill got kicked out.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the official story was he wasn't healthy enough to tour but he probably asked for too much money

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

sharon and ozzy getting mike bordin and rob trujillo to re-record the bass and drum tracks on the first few albums to screw lee kerslake and bob daisley out of any future royalties was real scumbag poo poo

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 31, 2020

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

This is messed up, I hadn't seen this. From the looks of these photos Black Sabbath did not have a drummer.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

Evil Bob posted:

This is messed up, I hadn't seen this. From the looks of these photos Black Sabbath did not have a drummer.

lol I have a black sabbath lyric in my avatar. I am a horrible fan

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

It’s maximum bad vibes and very unfortunate

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
New Mastodon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiXTJvnWA_4

It's definitely a Mastodon song all right.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat

Evil Bob posted:

just do a reverse image search on google images and see the ridiculousness of it:

original:

from the site:

original:

from the site:

actually you know what? gently caress ozzy and his idiot wife, they are some of the originators of commercial false metal.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soiled Meat
sharon osbourne is basically the yoko ono of metal

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I saw a dude with an Oxygen Destroyer t-shirt on the bike path this morning. Hell yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPTD5vbyPzo

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

TeamJesus posted:

New Mastodon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiXTJvnWA_4

It's definitely a Mastodon song all right.
It's apparently off a rarities collection they're releasing soon, and definitely sounds like it could have been recorded at any point in about the last decade.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

sharon osbourne is basically the yoko ono of metal

not really, yoko ono is a skilled musician in her own right and apart from the rock band she came to be associated with

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A human heart posted:

not really, yoko ono is a skilled musician in her own right and apart from the rock band she came to be associated with

From the infamous Bill Burr rant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbGuxGGOIV0

1:55 in - look at Chuck Berrys eyes.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

just do a reverse image search on google images and see the ridiculousness of it:

original:

from the site:

original:

from the site:

actually you know what? gently caress ozzy and his idiot wife, they are some of the originators of commercial false metal.
Thanks for bringing this up, I had no idea how bad this was. Man, gently caress. I'm a drummer myself, though I don't play much anymore so in that regard it is doubly annoying. Sure Bill had his problems, but I always felt like the whole list of "pranks" on him were so uncalled for, even if he was wasted and maybe "invited" it at times. You've got to have enough respect for your fellow man and band mate to not repeatedly put him in the way of bodily harm.

Either way when I listen to Black Sabbath, I listen to them as they were. But you are right, this is a sour taste that will linger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A human heart posted:

Yeah Sharon might be the real life version of how Yoko has been portrayed for so long but Yoko herself is pretty cool