Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Somebody put the Misthyrming guy on the spot so we can be sure whether he's fascist or just a dumb guy

I thought someone did and he's just kinda dumb/foreign and says some boneheaded poo poo in english by mistake. I know people that know him and have made music with him and they assure me he isn't a chud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacegrass
May 1, 2013

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

wow i never listened to uada before and they loving suck dick

lol same. I bought some of their songs, but I just can't get into them.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Snowy posted:

Holy moley that’s too many words for any song

Those paragraphs are chanted for like three minutes straight, lol

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 27, 2020

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

its nearly 14 minutes long lol

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I got to listen to an advance stream of the new Enslaved album Utgard that's out on Thursday. They keep trying new things, and this is no exception. I think the lineup changes are a good fit: Hakon brings a lot more psychedelic synth, and sounds more prominent than he did on E. Iver seems to play a bit faster than Cato and has some great drum fills (though I miss Cato's experimentation), and he handles most of the clean vocals.

Jettegryta is probably the standout track for me. It's pretty solid all throughout; there are some tracks that I would've guessed were another band entirely, but it's good for them to switch it up as often as they do. I'm a little surprised that all of the songs are under 7 minutes though. I think RUUN in '06 is the only other time that's happened. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I can't help missing their multi-part 8-15 minute epics.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

I hope i wasnt talking about uada in this second quote because i was either lying or trolling.

Anyways lets listen to GBK this weekend:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bMM083adUes

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

A human heart posted:

it would be really funny if uada turned out to be right wing because their whole thing was 'sounds like mgla but isn't polish/racist'

Right Wing doesn't automatically equal racist.

Unless you all want to cancel Dave Mustaine for being right wing?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
lol

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

H13 posted:

i guess not automatically, but probably.

anyways consumption isnt politics. i listen to mgla and arghoslent.

super late edit so as not to derail the thread and respect henchman’s respectable decree:

i do not support them financially at all and would celebrate if something unfortunate ever befell them bc nazis are scum. :)

Gio fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 28, 2020

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Aw gently caress, time to put that counter back to 0

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Let's not get into this and say we did.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006

H13 posted:

i want to cancel him for making lovely music

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Anyways lets listen to GBK this weekend:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bMM083adUes

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

God drat this thread is bad sometimes.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

There's so much better music out there, that insisting on still listening to explicitly racist bands is very much a personal deliberate choice, one that speaks volumes.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 28, 2020

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

There's so much better music out there, that insisting on still listening to explicitly racist bands is very much a personal deliberate choice, one that speaks volumes.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

How about let’s not post explicitly Nazi music?

Radical thought here, but how about we also get rid of people who have unironically spent money and promote Nazi music like CRIP EATIN BREAD.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

b0ner of doom posted:

i want to cancel him for making lovely music

stfu he made rust in peace

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
Speaking of racist bands. Is there a website, list, or google doc somewhere to keep track of which bands are problematic? This thread is the only place I ever seem to find this stuff out, so I wouldn't be surprised if theres a bunch that I'm just not aware of, but I'd rather know so that I don't accidentally support them.

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
Yes there is. I'll email you the spreadsheet if you donate to my patreon.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

dihaploidy posted:

Speaking of racist bands. Is there a website, list, or google doc somewhere to keep track of which bands are problematic? This thread is the only place I ever seem to find this stuff out, so I wouldn't be surprised if theres a bunch that I'm just not aware of, but I'd rather know so that I don't accidentally support them.

Usually they don't exactly try to hide it.

Generally just look at metal-archives.com. If the lyrical themes listed include stuff like "nationalism" or "anti-semitism", that's a pretty sure indicator. A lot of albums also have lyrics posted, if you want to dig into :words:

Other than that, reliable metal sites like Toilet ov Hell and Brooklyn Vegan will call out the more egregious offenders on occasion.

Don't believe everything (or even half) Metalsucks writes, but they sometimes hit the mark earlier than others.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I used to love Impaled Nazarene, then a guy we called Nazi Ed thought he could reach me when he heard about that. That's it. That's the story.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

H13 posted:

he admitted in his autobiography he fired a guy for not telling him he was black

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Muppets On PCP posted:

he admitted in his autobiography he fired a guy for not telling him he was black

It'd be funny if he worked with the guy in person for years before this revelation

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

b0ner of doom posted:

Yes there is. I'll email you the spreadsheet if you donate to my patreon.

Subscribed.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

you know what gently caress it lets cancel dave mustaine

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 28, 2020

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

It'd be funny if he worked with the guy in person for years before this revelation

nah it was an early band member

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Mustaine made some good music 30+ years ago, yes. (As is traditional, he did his best creative work while he was on all of the drugs, I think.)

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i miss when this thread was about posting RIFFS

POST EM

https://youtu.be/Y9RkL79akvc

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Alright, I’ve waffled on how to approach this over the past year or so but here are the new rules that I think we can accept.

If you’re posting a band that has suspect ideological beliefs or political ties, let people know that so they can decide for themselves if they want to bother with it/pay money for that band’s stuff. And no this doesn’t mean “every band that isn’t perfectly leftist should be banned!” For this rule I’m talking about the Mglas or the Deathspell Omegas of the world. Sometimes the poster themself won’t know this, because people don’t do research on every band ahead of time, so I’m not necessarily going to come down on you unless you’re being a poo poo about it.

If you’re going to post an explicitly white supremacist band such as Arghoslent, Grand Belial’s Key, or Absurd, that’s gonna be an insta-probe. I do not care about your personal consumption habits and will not police them, but discussing acts like this here is a waste of time, and frankly we don’t need that poo poo on the forums at all. Use the discord or PM your friends about it instead of you absolutely have to talk about the same dumbass bands all the time.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

For this rule I’m talking about the Mglas or the Deathspell Omegas of the world.

What's Deathspell Omega's deal

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's Deathspell Omega's deal

Mikko Aspa being like a Nazi pedophile or some poo poo. It’s complicated by nobody officially being confirmed as a member or collaborator of the band, and the true members having a very specific sort of weird anarchist ideology, but everyone knows he’s the primary vocalist.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i never realized there was secrecy around deathspell omega's line-up. do they acknowledge the rest of the band members?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

A new Second to Sun record dropped over the weekend, these dudes have been putting out quality black/post-black over the last decade and so far the new one is more of the same.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i never realized there was secrecy around deathspell omega's line-up. do they acknowledge the rest of the band members?

It's an entirely anonymous thing but the identities of several members are an open secret.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

BurningBeard posted:

Sup metal goons? This year sucks. Everything is terrible and my motivation is through the floor. I’ve not even been listening to music because of it. I’m trying to come out of the fog. So I know it’s premature, but what have y’all liked best this year? I just want some cool new poo poo to listen to with a minimum of energy expended. Hoping hearing something awesome reignites my interest in tunes.

I will say that the new Unleash The Archers was pretty good. Genre agnostic though, cause I’m nowhere near picky right now.

You got a lot of answers but i didn't notice anyone mention

Old Man Gloom - Seminars 8 and 9
Pyrrhon - Abcess Time
Behold...The Arctopus - Hapleptic Overtrove
Calligram - The Eye is the First Circle
Sightless Pit - Grave of a Dog

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

no. they don't credit anyone, but i think it's also pretty widely known that carpenter brut produces them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

The Muppets On PCP posted:

He also believes Obama staged the Aurora Shooting / Wisconsin shooting and that Obama isn’t a US Citizen. When he got called out for being full of poo poo he first said he was joking, then that he needed to choose his words better, and finally some rambling free speech / “the world is too PC and you can’t speak your mind” statement.