Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Groke posted:

Not Fenriz, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU!

Groke posted:

Not Fenriz, though.

I'd love to have a weekly social feed of Fenriz just walking to the post office in a foot of snow to pick up the weekly haul of vinyl and review it on a social media platform.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.

College Slice

In my limited knowledge, I know Varg is a penis, but I do like this ditty..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Snowy posted:

His jeepy car is cool, nice work on the paint job too.

I mean, I wouldnít want to drive around in a Nazi camo car, but it looks good.

I hope that is the Jeep that lost him his copy of Burzum that the dude immediately sold.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 1, 2004

Ladies and gentlemen,
start your engines.

Hulk Krogan posted:

I think it's the (that I spend zero time on) part that really sounds like it's aping the way Trump talks.

That's true but this is where I went immediately

https://twitter.com/dril/status/197502223226384387

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this isn't a "burn down your neighbors home and get into a standoff with police" type thing.

Speaking of which, what's up with Pat O'Brien and his case?

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

I'd love to have a weekly social feed of Fenriz just walking to the post office in a foot of snow to pick up the weekly haul of vinyl and review it on a social media platform.

I mean, I don't know the guy personally but I see him around from time to time (we're pretty close in age and geography, and he's been a fixture of the music scene forever) and I've never heard anything other than he's a good dude. Funny, too.

(Remember a few years ago when he got elected to his local council despite campaigning against his own election; with the main argument that he wanted to spend more time at home with his cat.)

Tias
May 25, 2008

Deyr fe,
deyja fraendr,
deyr sjalfr it sama,
ek veit einn,
at aldrei deyr:
domr um daudan hvern.

Groke posted:

Not Fenriz, though.

Forever relevant:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

This is coming out on Friday: https://sorizon.bandcamp.com/album/thanatos-rising-album

I'm getting some Symphony X-vibes, crossed with some Dream Theater, but actually good instead of James LaBrie. And some nice clean soaring guitars on top.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Fenriz is a sweetheart. He once helped me look for a dropped earplug at a gig.
He was wearing rubber wellington boots.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

PRESIDENT OF THE OFFICIAL BRENDAN FRASER FAN CLUB

Holy poo poo - in something I never thought i'd read.

Exhumed:
RIP Daft Punk - to honor the occasion, here's our song where the main riff was directly inspired by "Within" from Random Access Memories.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK5yku5r09s

E: In case you haven't heard that song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuj__JnGWLg

(album rules btw)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ROfl that rules

Spacegrass
May 1, 2013

drat am I getting older. I don't like much brand new metal. All I listen to is stuff pre-2004

I feel like Homer's Dad and when he told Homer : "Every new song is strange and weird to me. It will happen to you!"

Anybody else feel this way?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sometimes yes then Mare Cognitum announces a new album and I reverse that scene at the end of Saving Private Ryan.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Spacegrass posted:

drat am I getting older. I don't like much brand new metal. All I listen to is stuff pre-2004

I feel like Homer's Dad and when he told Homer : "Every new song is strange and weird to me. It will happen to you!"

a lot of the friends i have who i went to shows with back in the day exclusively listen to the same 4 or 5 bands that were popular at the highlight of our active show-going lives. they claim all new music is "garbage" even if it's new music from one of the bands we used to go see often.

i'm almost the complete opposite, there's a lot of older stuff i still really dig, but i absolutely live for as much brand new music as you can possibly jam in my ears. stuff i was stoked on two years ago may as well not exist bc i'm too stoked about something that came out last week.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I love listening to albums I haven't heard before so can't really relate. Though as I get a little bit older I am spending a bit more time revisiting old comfort albums, I think I listen to an older In Flames album at least once a night now.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Preparing to be extremely heckled here, but I just like modern production a lot so I tend to gravitate towards newer music.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NS3WyhVyIoY

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There's a huge amount of modern music (regardless of genre) that I absolutely hate, but that's been true my whole life so I don't think the quality of music has gone down or my tastes have turned old man. There's like 1-2 albums a year that I still really get in to and that's enough, especially considering I'm adding those albums to a playlist with 50 years worth of tunes. I could go a long time without hitting a duplicate.. adding massive amounts of music would make it worse.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

DIG THROUGH THE DITCHES
AND BURN THROUGH THE WITCHES

There's a huge amount of music from every era I like, and a huge amount of music from every era I dislike (to a point, pre 1920s it gets rough for me personally)

It's okay to say "I hate a lot of modern music/a lot of modern metal" because there's always gonna be a few great bands and a fuckton of lovely ones in every scene. It doesn't mean you're a curmudgeon who doesn't enjoy music.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

All my favorite riffs and production happened in the 70s-90s with metal so thatís p much where Iím stuck.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

2020 for me was an absolute killer year of death metal for me and im expecting 2021 to be as well.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

B-1.1.7 Bomber
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

FanaticalMilk posted:

Speaking of which, what's up with Pat O'Brien and his case?

I don't know the details, but CC has moved on and recorded a new album with Erik Rutan, who has credits on three upcoming tracks.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Spacegrass posted:

it's because most new metal is bad and most of the good new bands are just 'old style/band/regional sound but with a twist or combined with something else'. fortunately there's a million old demos and records you haven't heard yet that are pretty cool and a lot of different labels are reissuing them and making them available.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

This is some real good poo poo. Dirty but atmospheric black metal about WW1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDtXNckpqvc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

lmao

EDIT: RE: The old vs new music thing, while I do have my old favourites I still return to from time to time, I am personally constantly hungry for new music and keep checking out new releases constantly. That said, a whole lot of even the newer stuff I like is very much old fashioned in style, so idk.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 25, 2021