Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«931 »
A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

There's been a lot of great talk about Immolation, but I've seen every post not even mention Unholy Cult, which I think is totally underrated. The first song along ("Of Martyrs, And Men") is worth the price of admission!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljhLSb-0rM4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Fun Shoe

A TURGID FATSO posted:

There's been a lot of great talk about Immolation, but I've seen every post not even mention Unholy Cult, which I think is totally underrated. The first song along ("Of Martyrs, And Men") is worth the price of admission!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljhLSb-0rM4

Rival the Eminent from that album is also insanely sick. As is the title track. It's a good album, yeah.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Smirr posted:

Rival the Eminent from that album is also insanely sick. As is the title track. It's a good album, yeah.

Dude, that song plus "Sinful Nature"? "Reluctant Messiah"? "Bring Them Down"? C'mon guys, this record loving CRUSHES!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The lesson here is that much like Bolt Thrower, you can't really go wrong with Immolation.

Bertrand Hustle
Apr 29, 2007

Ah, music to my ears.

Off to the Revocation show in a bit here

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Fun Shoe

I like undergang but burpy vocals sound dumb on a bolt thrower cover. I wish there were more BT style shouty punk vocals in death metal but Iíll take what I can get.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

wakey wakey to
this bowl of tasty

Yams Fan

I liked the interpretation, but it made me just want to play bolt thrower some more because the original is better.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

We will fight them to the last. And we will defend those that cannot defend themselves. Today we fight, brothers and sisters. Today we stand up and never, ever relent. Brothers and sisters -- prepare yourselves. Today we go to WAR!

Lipstick Apathy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Dude's rapid-fire vocal delivery is incredible.
Yeah, I love that poo poo, but apparently it's also the reason some people don't like Archspire. Different strokes, I guess.

Dimebags Brain posted:

The lesson here is that much like Bolt Thrower, you can't really go wrong with Immolation.
I can agree with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNJSfJCXQYM

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Off to the Revocation show in a bit here

They were great last night, same with everyone else on that tour. Davidson is a crazy good shredder. I'm still exhausted right now.. the bruises from the pit gotta heal by Wednesday to go get more bruises from the Dying Fetus show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

yeah title track is my favorite.

are you willing to die for us?
are you willing to die with... USSSSSSsssss

«931 »