Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

silvergoose posted:

My 5yo loves that everfrost album. We talked about it a bunch in this thread when it came out.

I distinctly remember this, ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

The "closure" is that he's a wifebeater and you shouldn't give him your money.

you shouldn't give him your money because he makes tedious 50 minute prog thrash albums in the 21st century.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A human heart posted:

you shouldn't give him your money because he makes tedious 50 minute prog thrash albums in the 21st century.

You are underselling the length.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Nazzadan posted:

I looked through my power metal ratings for 20 minutes because I know exactly what you're talking about but I never found it. So I google image searched "bandcamp anime power metal art" and found it immediately.
it's pretty good

quote:

PHYSICAL PURCHASE comes with included MANGA COMIC and free download card for 'WINTERIDER DELUXE EDITION' which includes the whole album in highest quality 24-bit WAV plus instrumental versions of all songs along with nightcore remixes and retro 16-bit demos of select songs!
DIGITAL ALBUM DOES NOT INCLUDE MANGA COMIC OR WINTERIDER DELUXE. These are available only with physical digi-pack purchase.

ahahahah yes this rules

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

A human heart posted:

The last one was like 70+ minutes.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
vektor was never good

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

The last one was like 70+ minutes.

Exactly!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm gonna say it

You can't stop me

Vektor are...OK!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I hope Dave got out of his alcoholism and made amends.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm gonna say it

You can't stop me

Vektor are...OK!

making thrash in the 21st century should be illegal unless your band sounds like the first sauron album

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

vektor was never good

where did the bad guitarrist touch you

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

vektor was never good

black future was okay in that ripping off aspid but only having heard that one reissue that was sped up and higher pitched was kinda novel at the time, but yeah slim pickings with that band

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Vektor ruled and still rules, haters/posers leave the hall.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

Vektor ruled and still rules, haters/posers leave the hall.

remember 80s prog thrash? well, it's back but with a bad guitar tone and it goes on for way too long.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's funny how everyone is falling over themselves to poo poo on Vektor now, compared to the near universal praise their albums got on release :rolleye:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

A human heart posted:

making thrash in the 21st century should be illegal unless your band sounds like the first sauron album

I was in a Toxic Holocaust hole yesterday and I disagree.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

KozmoNaut posted:

It's funny how everyone is falling over themselves to poo poo on Vektor now, compared to the near universal praise their albums got on release :rolleye:

hey now some of us disliked vektor before it was cool

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
Pretending that vektor is actually a bad band with bad guitars and boring songs, lol that’s a pretty good bit

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Nazzadan posted:

I looked through my power metal ratings for 20 minutes because I know exactly what you're talking about but I never found it. So I google image searched "bandcamp anime power metal art" and found it immediately.
it's pretty good

oh thank god

I felt like I was trying to tech support my parents the way I was explaining things to Google. "Yes, I get it, elves, Elvenking, I get what you think I'm saying, but what I want is THIS"

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

KozmoNaut posted:

Yup. I remember this too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

KozmoNaut posted:

I love all three albums. DiSanto should still get hosed.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

He really hosed up, which is why I hope he got out of his alcoholism (and other issues) and made proper amends.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

agreed

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

KozmoNaut posted:

The forums never stop with that tbh. Something good exists and gets a bunch of hype and suddenly there’s a group that has to post that they 100% do not like the thing every time a discussion pops up.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyway Extol has extremely cool riffs for being a Christian band hmmmmm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pwIOZp4Kyxk

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

The forums never stop with that tbh. Something good exists and gets a bunch of hype and suddenly there’s a group that has to post that they 100% do not like the thing every time a discussion pops up.

I loving love Ghost.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Lifeglug posted:

I loving love Ghost.

:same:

I have no guilty pleasures, only straight up pleasures.

Adding more to the Vektor fire, Erik Nelson has posted about the situation:

https://www.facebook.com/VektorOfficial/posts/10157046217851821

He seems to trust Dave, and doesn't believe the accusations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I will play the gently caress out of anything that has chugga chugga and I'm not guilty at all.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

KozmoNaut posted:

I didn't think they were good then and i don't like them now.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

i dunno it could also just be that some people genuinely don't like them

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
vektor is just one of those bands i never dug. i don't like the vocals or the way the guitar sounds. i never understood why a they were such a big deal.

with that said, ACxDC have re-issued one of their classic shirts:

you can get it here: http://grimoireprinting.storenvy.com/collections/239309-all-products/products/30362911-anti-cop-dorner-crew

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
How about some non wifebeating wannabe Voivod thrash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPj0LRR7jYc

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This seems like a perfect moment to point out that the new Alestorm album is out on Spotify now and it rules.

I honestly had some initial misgivings, because the singles made it seem like the band is starting to crank the stupid meme dial a bit too far even for me, and I honestly couldn't really get into their previous album either aside from a couple songs.

Fortunately my worries were for naught, as it turns out the album still has plenty of legit enjoyable folk/power metal fare. Some of it just happens to also have silly song titles. And then there's stuff like Call of the Waves which doesn't even have that, it's just a straight-up upbeat folky power metal song and a really loving good one at that.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

vektor is just one of those bands i never dug. i don't like the vocals or the way the guitar sounds. i never understood why a they were such a big deal.

with that said, ACxDC have re-issued one of their classic shirts:

you can get it here: http://grimoireprinting.storenvy.com/collections/239309-all-products/products/30362911-anti-cop-dorner-crew

lol can't corner the dorner

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here’s some cool stuff posted by Death.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISASlFjBoeM

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I love the music but I won't be going to any more Vektor gigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I assume people appreciate some old-school punky speed metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR9ztZd4nkY