Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Incoherence posted:

It's apparently off a rarities collection they're releasing soon, and definitely sounds like it could have been recorded at any point in about the last decade.
It very well could have been, that collection has 'Orion' (yes, _that_ Orion) and 'Cut You Up With a Linoleum Knife' which are probably pushing 15 or more years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New stuff Friday:

Fanebaerer, bm
Old Nick, bm
Imperial Triumphant's new album out on non-BC, avant-garde bm
High Spirits, trad
Katalepsy brutal deathcore

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Nazzadan posted:

New stuff Friday:

Fanebaerer, bm
Old Nick, bm
High Spirits, trad

Ahhhh thank you. The friday workday highlight.

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Nazzadan posted:

New stuff Friday:

Fanebaerer, bm
Old Nick, bm
High Spirits, trad

Giving High Spirits a listen now. Thanks for the recommendation. Giving me some good vibes to finish out this day. I'll give the BM a listen later

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Snowy posted:

Yeah Sharon might be the real life version of how Yoko has been portrayed for so long but Yoko herself is pretty cool

She doesn't seem to be as malicious as as Sharon but she's still a talentless hypocrite.

This poo poo is a joke:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/983230560482091011

https://twitter.com/TPSOperations/status/982438395627626496

"Imagine no possessions"

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Vintersorg posted:

From the infamous Bill Burr rant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbGuxGGOIV0

1:55 in - look at Chuck Berrys eyes.

maybe he was just wondering what she looked like going to the bathroom

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Yoko Ono was doing avant garde performance art and hanging out with people like John Cage and La Monte Young long before she became involved with John Lennon and there's always been a pretty nasty undercurrent to the criticisms of her by people who care too much about the Beatles. The comparison to Sharon Osborne simply doesn't make sense. Her art being worth lots of money is the fault of the fine art market and how it works rather than anything to do with the art itself.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

can someone give me a tldr on sharon as someone who knows nothing about her other than shes ozzys wife

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Kvlt! posted:

can someone give me a tldr on sharon as someone who knows nothing about her other than shes ozzys wife

She's a oval office

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

She had people throw eggs at Iron Maiden during Ozzfest.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kvlt! posted:

her dad was a big time manager notorious for screwing over everyone he was involved with. basically she followed in his footsteps when she took on ozzy after he left sabbath

she routinely cheated members of his band out of songwriting and performance royalties, set up ozzfest as a giant pay-to-play scam where bands had to fork over tens of thousands of dollars to play to half-empty crowds for exposure, and basically has forced ozzy to continue touring for the past three decades despite his repeated attempts to retire and now rapidly declining health

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
She also fired Jake E Lee in a really hosed up way

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jake-e-lee-says-he-found-out-he-was-fired-from-ozzy-osbournes-band-from-his-guitar-tech

In the interview, which has been published in full on Friday (October 26), Jake opened up about exactly how how he found out he was fired from the band. Contradicting a clam found on Wikipedia, the guitarist laughed: "I had no idea it was coming, but it wasn't by telegram! I mean, it was the '80s, and I guess people sent telegrams back then, but I didn't get it via telegram."

Going on to reveal that it was Sharon Osbourne's job to tell him, the former BADLANDS man said that the manager didn't have the heart to tell him the news.

"Sharon Osbourne called me, and said she wanted to have dinner with me," he recalled. "I suppose there was clues in there, because she was talking about how, 'Someday, Jake, when you have your own band.' I think her major piece of advice was to be on time: 'When you're leader of a band, you kind of need to set an example, and you need to be on time,' and that was the only clue I had, really."

Continuing, Jake said that although there were clues, Osbourne didn't actually tell him he was out of the band. "My roommate at the time was also my guitar tech, and he came back from the Rainbow, and he'd seen [Ozzy bandmates] Phil [Soussan, bass], and Randy Castillo [drums], and he said they came up to him and said, 'So, what are you going to do now that Jake's out of the band?' So he ran back home and told me, and said, 'Dude, did you just get fired?' and I went, 'No.' And he went, 'I think you did.' [And I said] 'No. I just saw Sharon, I just had dinner with her, and we talked and talked — I think she would have told me if I was fired.' And he said, 'Well, that's not what Randy and Phil said.' And I was, like, 'Oh, come on!'"

He went on: "So I picked the phone up, and I called Sharon back and said, 'I just heard the weirdest rumor, 'and she broke down and said, 'Yes, it's true.' And I said, 'What, do you mean I'm fired?' And she goes, 'Yes, that's why I took you out to dinner.' [Laughs]"

Contradicting popular perception that there was animosity between the two camps, Lee concluded: "We got along very well when I was in the band. I considered us friends back then, and just the fact that she was supposed to fire me and couldn't, it's hilarious in retrospect. That night, it wasn't so hilarious."

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Also she was a massive dick to iron maiden

http://www.mtv.com/news/1508432/sharon-osbourne-admits-cutting-iron-maidens-power-says-to-move-on/

During Maiden's set Saturday, the venue's public-address system was cut on at least three occasions, as was the main stage's power, rendering Dickinson's microphone and the band's amps silent (see "Iron Maiden Pelted With Eggs At Final Ozzfest Performance"). When power was eventually restored, Dickinson accused the festival's organizers of deliberately interrupting the band's performance, and proceeded to launch a verbal attack on Sharon's husband, Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy Osbourne.

As soon as Maiden left the Ozzfest stage, Sharon grabbed the microphone and hit back at Dickinson. The following evening, she issued an official statement taking further jabs at the singer. Smallwood evened the score in a statement of his own, which read, "The scale, viciousness and concentration of the throwing made it obvious that this was a premeditated and coordinated attack."

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Wow how many eggs did they throw??

E- 🤷🏽‍♂️
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqbfTgFzUf8

Snowy fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 1, 2020

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i cant imagine why anyone would have eggs at ozzfest or how they would've gotten them in

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol if you don’t have a fanny pack full of eggs at any one time

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1289756522054971392?s=19

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

sharon is worse than yoko, but the idea that yoko was a talented musician? LOL

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

met this dude at a creeping death/fuming mouth show and he just put out a brutal dm ep. it's pretty sick

https://visceralmass-maggotstomp.bandcamp.com/

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cool demo by Celestial Sanctuary, who are named after a bolt thrower song

https://celestialsanctuary-uk.bandc...tm_medium=email

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

My buddy's crossover band injected a bit more death metal to their sound and released a new EP today, all sales go towards bailout funds for protesters
Ninth Realm

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

black sabbath is one of my favorite bands of all time (go figure) but the way they retconned bill ward out of all their promo pics on their site really put a sour taste in my mouth.

This is a common Sharon Osborne tactic. Supposedly the "His drumming/health have suffered" stuff was a cover for money disputes.

She was approached years back by people who had played on Ozzy's solo records inquiring about royalties. One of them being Jake Lee.

Her response was to re-record the parts with new session guys, thereby eliminating the need to cut a larger cheque.

She's also been sued by both Coal Chamber and Smashing Pumpkins (she managed both formerly) claiming she's a crook. Regardless of what you might think of those groups, the repetition of her being outed as a duplicitous person seems like a pattern.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 3, 2020

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

quote:

In 2019, Osbourne appeared on the British panel show Would I Lie to You? in which guests make statements about themselves and fellow panelists decide whether it is true or a lie. She claimed that during a house fire[112] she made her assistant go back into the house to save pieces of art. She also claimed that she ripped an oxygen mask off the assistant and gave it to her dog. She then proceeded to fire him when he did not find the situation funny, believing he might have lung damage from smoke inhalation, saying “he showed absolutely no sense of humour” during the fire. After the usual deliberations by fellow panelists, she confirmed the incident to be true.[113][114][115] The clip of Sharon's story on the show that was uploaded by the official BBC YouTube Channel was met with an overwhelmingly negative reception. There was also a considerable backlash from Twitter users.[116][117]
:staredog:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Yikes reading all this stuff about Sharon. Why did Ozzy let her do all this? Or is he too busy being Ozzy to notice

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kvlt! posted:

Yikes reading all this stuff about Sharon. Why did Ozzy let her do all this? Or is he too busy being Ozzy to notice

ozzy wouldn't be famous without her so uhh i guess

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

is there like a good guide or write up about the whole story now im curious to know why he wouldnt be anything without her

I was always an Iommi worshiper idk much about Ozzy outside of the first 5 Sabbath albums

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Anyone who says Jethro Tull didn't deserve that metal Grammy needs to remember that Tony Iommi was in Jethro Tull for a bit and helped write some of the riffs on Stand Up :colbert:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I just figured Ozzy would have found a way to ruin his career or die by now if someone wasn’t looking after him the whole time. He probably appreciates having a babysitter who can keep the money flowing, even if she’s a poo poo to everyone else.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Anyone who says Jethro Tull didn't deserve that metal Grammy needs to remember that Tony Iommi was in Jethro Tull for a bit and helped write some of the riffs on Stand Up :colbert:

who gives a poo poo about the grammys LMAO

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the only grammy that matters is Matt Pikes

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I don't give a gently caress about the Grammys it was just an excuse to say that Jethro Tull rules

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

gently caress yeah it does i like the flute gently caress the haters

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jethro Tull is fine but it’s always going to be absurd that they were ever called a heavy metal band

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i feel the same about <band you like>

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Reminder Megadeth won their first Grammy after something absurd like 13 nominations and the house band led them in to Master of Puppets

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

how loving dare you, rear end in a top hat! you better be ready to fight cause this is happening NOW. no one says that about that band I like.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Just because I don’t think jethro tull was ever metal doesn’t mean bolt thrower isn’t either :colbert:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kvlt! posted:

is there like a good guide or write up about the whole story now im curious to know why he wouldnt be anything without her

he got kicked out of sabbath because they found his drug use excessive and distasteful

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Imagine getting kicked out of a metal band in the 1970s for doing too many drugs.

E: my favorite bit of history in that vein is Lemmy getting kicked out of Hawkwind for his drug use. loving Hawkwind.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Aug 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

KozmoNaut posted:

Imagine getting kicked out of a metal band in the 1970s for doing too many drugs.

Almost any kind of band in almost any decade, really. A large percentage of musicians did all their best creative work while completely hosed up.