Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
All of the great lyrics Warrel wrote are undone by opening a song with "the pigs order us to follow orders"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
when i heard dane ending a sentence with a preposition i threw my sony mini disc player across the room in a rage

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Which was the uglier band - Nevermore or Dallas-with-a-skullet era Nile

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
skullet at least has personality

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

MikeCrotch posted:

Which was the uglier band - Nevermore or Dallas-with-a-skullet era Nile

Its strapping young lad

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Accept

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
I'll be interviewing In Flames and Five Finger Death punch later today, if anybody wants to ask anything (besides "how come you suck").

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Non Serviam posted:

I'll be interviewing In Flames and Five Finger Death punch later today, if anybody wants to ask anything (besides "how come you suck").

That seems to cover it

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Non Serviam posted:

I always sort of wondered what the dynamic is of being in a band that no longer contains a single original member

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Any chance Anders gets back together with the guys from Passenger for another release? I have a soft spot for that album and would love another

Vulture Culture posted:

I always sort of wondered what the dynamic is of being in a band that no longer contains a single original member

This is also a good one

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Non Serviam posted:

Ask five finger death punch why they think they don't have a page on metal-archives.org.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Can you pretend you think you're talking to 3 Inches of Blood the whole time? "Wow, I can't believe you guys reunited" etc. Ignore any polite or explicit corrections.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006
Five Finger Death Punch
Ask Jason Hook if he feels like playing Hillary Duff's band prepared him for playing in the hard rock equivalent of Hillary Duff's band.

Ask the whole band why they keep ruining every song they cover. As an addition ask if they realize their video for House of the Rising Sun is somehow even more embarrassing than the song.

In Flames
Why can't you make another album in the vein of Lunar Strain through Colony?

Will you ever write another song about pinball or some other classic form of entertainment?

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Smirr posted:

Can you pretend you think you're talking to 3 Inches of Blood the whole time? "Wow, I can't believe you guys reunited" etc. Ignore any polite or explicit corrections.

Keep asking them about Deadly Sinners.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

Five Finger Death Punch

It's me, I'm the filth that secretly enjoys their Bad Company cover as a guilty pleasure and doesn't listen to any of their other music.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

dont even fink about it posted:

It's me, I'm the filth that secretly enjoys their Bad Company cover as a guilty pleasure and doesn't listen to any of their other music.

:same:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

tote up a bags posted:

Its strapping young lad

Yeah, Devin's skullet managed to be worse than what Dallas had.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Non Serviam posted:

on the tour bus, who's big spoon and who's little spoon, or do they do like a round robin arrangement

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
You fuckers didn't disappoint. Hahaha

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I had no idea that was FFDP. :aaa:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What’s the best chill out song for drinking a beer on a hot sunday morning thinking about the old days just being a cool dad into modern hard rock radio, FFDP - Bad Company, Disturbed - The Sound of Silence, or Shinedown - Simple Man???

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

What’s the best chill out song for drinking a beer on a hot sunday morning thinking about the old days just being a cool dad into modern hard rock radio, FFDP - Bad Company, Disturbed - The Sound of Silence, or Shinedown - Simple Man???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjbD0izEFBE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_0YHY2fmb8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmIqd57rtAg

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Shinedown - Simple Man???

Close, it's Deftones - Simple Man.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJB_gi1bZwA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c_i-nzjQ5I

E: and just because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVkPwdn7QEY

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Dec 16, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
We might still be getting some new Wuthering Heights in the future! :dance:

Wuthering Heights Facebook page posted:

A quick update from Erik Ravn:

“Hi guys! Just wanted to say sorry for the long silence. But I have been busy lately, moving my entire life to a different island here in Denmark – finally away from the city, hooray! My new studio is nearly up and running now, so I should be able to start some work soon. I still have physical issues to deal with, so it will be pretty slow sailing. But I’ve got a nice place here, with all my gear at hand, so chances are good it’s gonna rock. Also want to say thank you for the supportive mail I still get from time to time. It really means a lot to me that the old fans still remember us, and that new fans keep discovering us. Happy Solstice to you all!”

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Wait... that was five finger death punch??

Ok, I guess I have heard one of their songs.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bad Company is already one of the worst classic rock bands ever. I can’t imagine listening to FFDP cover them.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Bad Company is already one of the worst classic rock bands ever. I can’t imagine listening to FFDP cover them.

It's loving garbage.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
Harakiri for the Sky have a new album coming out early next year - pre-orders are up and they've released 2 tracks.

It's fantastic stuff - it's dripping with melody and despair in their usual *omnium-core/post-black or whatever the gently caress you want to call it style. Lyrically it's also fairly standard fare for them, depression, regret, and melancholy. I don't know if it will top last years Trauma but these 2 songs alone are some of the best they've ever done. So if you like metal and Austrian angst set to a soundtrack influenced by *omnium bands with some intermittent tremolo picking and sad chord progressions this will be right up your alley.

Tomb Omnia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4V5Yb3oARw

"This song is about one of the darkest and mournful chapters in my family’s history and the impact it had on its members, especially the one it had on myself. Sadly there are happenings and experiences far formative as its protagonist was aware of while acting. But these happenings and actions are so intangible disturbing and unsettling they wander on and keep up destroying lifes relentless in their future. Cause some things that can never be forgotten…"

You are the scars - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BpjceUYl8E

"This song is like a retrospective on broken relationships and the void that stays when people leave. To me it's not the saying good-bye which is the greatest burden, it's the neverending silence, the rejection and the uncertainty. This song tributes the pain that's left when beloved people dissappear completely as if they'd have never crossed way."

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Kilometers Davis posted:

What’s the best chill out song for drinking a beer on a hot sunday morning

The first two Grand Magus albums are good for this.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Fenrir posted:

Wait... that was five finger death punch??

Ok, I guess I have heard one of their songs.

Technically you still haven't. Inserting your name into another band's lyrics doesn't make that song yours. What it does is make your band a bunch of hacks.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

After listening to stuff from everyone elses' lists, I've decided my top 10 20 for this year, in a very rough best to not quite as best order:

Havukruunu - Kelle Surut Soi
Immolation - Atonement
Akercocke - Renaissance in Extremis
Emptiness - Not for Music
Voyager - Ghost Mile
Artificial Brain - Infrared Horizon
Couch Slut - Contempt
Power Trip - Nightmare Logic
Whoredom Rife - Dommedagskvad
Aosoth - Inside Scriptures
Dyscarnate - With All Their Might
Caligula’s Horse – In Contact
Chelsea Wolfe - Hiss Spun
Babymetal - Live at Tokyo Dome
Dying Fetus - Wrong One to gently caress With
Converge - The Dusk In Us
Pyrrhon - What Passes for Survival
Benighted - Necrobreed
Sunless - Urraca

This has been a really good year! There's a bunch of stuff that didn't even make the list that I really liked or just didn't give quite enough listens to. Thanks to everyone who posted about cool stuff I wouldn't have found otherwise.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Man I'm glad I'm not the only one who really dug that Babymetal live record. I just wish I could get the drat thing on vinyl.

E: also, I need to revise my list for this year, man this was a hell of a good one for metal. I need to give the new Converge another listen as well, but it's hard to do when I compare everything they do now to Jane Doe and find it somehow lacking.

E2: and holy poo poo I am so glad Akercocke is back.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 17, 2017

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
Samael continues to be a pretty sweet Swiss metal band but I wish they would come up with some new singles a little more often than they do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL4u-rs4GAQ

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Final version of my top 10. I've decided to base the ranking simply on how often I found myself listening to the album. I've also heard a lot of new stuff since my last list based on the other lists in this thread.

10. Cannibal Corpse - Red Before Black
9. Decapitated - Anticult
8. Vassafor - Malediction
7. Entrails - World Inferno
6. Necrot - Blood Offerings
5. Dyscarnate - With All Their Might
4. Blood Freak - Total Destruction of the Human Form
3. Immolation - Atonement
2. Temple of Void - Lords of Death
1. Dying Fetus - Wrong One to gently caress With

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Spatulater bro! posted:

Final version of my top 10. I've decided to base the ranking simply on how often I found myself listening to the album. I've also heard a lot of new stuff since my last list based on the other lists in this thread.

10. Cannibal Corpse - Red Before Black
9. Decapitated - Anticult
8. Vassafor - Malediction
7. Entrails - World Inferno
6. Necrot - Blood Offerings
5. Dyscarnate - With All Their Might
4. Blood Freak - Total Destruction of the Human Form
3. Immolation - Atonement
2. Temple of Void - Lords of Death
1. Dying Fetus - Wrong One to gently caress With

yeah come to think of it, wrong one to gently caress with is probably the album i listened to the most this year. the musicianship, writing, and production are all incredible

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I just like the knife

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Here's my top 10:

• Malokarpatan - Nordkarpatenland

I can't get over how good that album is, so I'm not listing anything else. It's honestly exciting to me that someone is so relentlessly old-school that they stumble rear end-backwards through first wave black metal into NWoBHM and still manage to sound completely fresh. This specific thing, even though it's retro, just hasn't ever been done before, not even by Malokarpatan themselves. Plus it tells you in painstaking detail both how to get and how to get rid of a bugger kobold, so it's got educational value too. Easily my album of the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
man I didnt realize that slugathor broke up. :(