Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT7x1NvGf5k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

Whenever I’m having a ton of fun, I just enjoy the moment and don’t feel the need to convince myself how much fun I’m having by posting about it on Something Awful Dot Com, but that’s just me.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Now I remember, you hate fun.

My bad

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

KozmoNaut posted:

Now I remember, you hate fun.

My bad
Fun is my 4th Middle Name, buckaroo. Enjoy your outing and party 'til you drop! :rock:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
dudes i was at a show and i looked at some chick's butt and it gave me a boner because i'm so totally cool

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Muppets On PCP posted:

dudes i was at a show and i looked at some chick's butt and it gave me a boner because i'm so totally cool

lol at the people sitting at home, posting, instead of being at a show and also posting

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8_4yvnluGU

gutted ruled. they were a big thing for a hot moment in the 90s but their record company just ignored them and they disappeared.

it's too bad.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kilometers Davis posted:

Children of Bodom covering Britney Spears was 10/10

I love how it basically feels like a practice room recording, then those loving triggered kickdrums tear through and it’s perfection.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

KozmoNaut posted:

I admired it from a distance, respectfully.

And gently caress the Pantera haters.

Igorrr rules BTW

Titties and beer and Helloween, I'm in heaven.

:lol: at the saddos sitting at home

Hahaha, Henrik, is this you? Never thought I'd see Team Britney pop up on Something Awful.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/mikefossey/status/1010230379230396421?s=19

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Well I liked the Black Album. :colbert:

Metal thread, what's the most badass metal lyric? I'm partial to "petition the Lord with fire" from Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer by Behemoth, or maybe literally everything Nile has written.

"Sekhmet uttereth words of flame against thee and pierceth thy breast."

"Stained with cosmic black sins; the sun no longer sets me free."

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

All of Dreamweaver by Sabbat

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
They're sort of a mix of badass and corny, but I've always liked "fall to your knees and repent if you please" and "lay down your soul to the gods rock and roll"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Metal thread, what's the most badass metal lyric? I'm partial to "petition the Lord with fire" from Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer by Behemoth, or maybe literally everything Nile has written.

rooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalujsgdkayfskduahsdasdasd

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Bolth Thrower

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kampen mot Gud og hvitekrist er igang!

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The delivery of this line makes it pretty much perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP3pSLi2z14&t=218s

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I'm certain it's something by Bal-Sagoth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmNkvE050I

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Metal thread, what's the most badass metal lyric?

Balls:

I'm a misanthropical breed
Insatiable in my need to feed

Brain:

I never was a religious man
So why should I put my faith in you?
You burned your bridges a long time ago
I'm a heathen, searching for his soul

Just the first two that came to mind so I posted them. Both have really great delivery.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Cheapsteaks posted:

They're sort of a mix of badass and corny, but I've always liked "fall to your knees and repent if you please" and "lay down your soul to the gods rock and roll"

I've always loved those cornball 80s lyrics about how awesome metal is.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

They are on par with "song that is about how awesome metal is that name drops a bunch of albums and bands"

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Anvil.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sorry to derail lyrics chat a bit but where do you guys buy band shirts from online that aren’t cheaply made poo poo? I need to donate a bunch of old clothes and get new shirts but it’s always 50/50 on if I’m getting badly printed shirts that stretch out in a day or something well made. I guess buying direct from bands merch pages is best for variety so it’s tough to gauge quality that way.

binaryslacker
Sep 4, 2011

Good Times
It was another great northwest terror fest big thanks to all involved.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sorry to derail lyrics chat a bit but where do you guys buy band shirts from online that aren’t cheaply made poo poo? I need to donate a bunch of old clothes and get new shirts but it’s always 50/50 on if I’m getting badly printed shirts that stretch out in a day or something well made. I guess buying direct from bands merch pages is best for variety so it’s tough to gauge quality that way.

I use IndieMerch mostly. Haven't had any issues with anything I've bought, they ship really quick and have a nice variety of bands to choose from.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Sexual metal holocaust will
Crush poser gay!

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

IF YOU ARE FALSE DON'T ENTRY
BECAUSE YOU'LL BE BURNED AND DIED

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian
hey kozmonaut your life is loving poo poo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

In that cornball category where the song title is always the chorus. Over and over.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

A human heart posted:

Sexual metal holocaust will
Crush poser gay!

Black goat screaming voice
Metal holocaust attack
I’m too much drank
Puke vomit piss

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LVNifKDW6t8

Here’s a good song to make up for the lovely last few posts

:emptyquote:

Anything involving Neige is good, IMO

edit-- Neige's wikipedia:
Associated acts: Alcest, Peste Noire, Amesoeurs, Les Discrets, Lantlôs, Sylvaine, Old Silver Key

like seriously all of those fuckin rule

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

ultraviolence123 posted:

I use IndieMerch mostly. Haven't had any issues with anything I've bought, they ship really quick and have a nice variety of bands to choose from.

I think I’ve ordered from there once maybe. Either way thanks, I’ll see what they have.

COOL CORN posted:

Anything involving Neige is good, IMO

edit-- Neige's wikipedia:
Associated acts: Alcest, Peste Noire, Amesoeurs, Les Discrets, Lantlôs, Sylvaine, Old Silver Key

like seriously all of those fuckin rule

Yessss. I only listened to the last Alcest album like one time for some reason. It seemed great, I’ll have to remember to put it on soon.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Actually I change my vote to Woods of Infinity’s “Summer is not my Friend”

quote:

Summer is not my friend. Satan, let it end.
Sunshine, hurting my eyes. Making my skin look like...argh.
Summer is a whore plague. Releases whores and fags.
Sunshine, making me sweat. Nothing more to me than a deadly threat.

https://www.gugalyrics.com/lyrics-2119074/woods-of-infinity-summer-is-not-my-friend.html

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Wark Say posted:

Turbonegro hasn't been the same since their reunion. :(

As is usual, they were at their best when the front man was hosed up on all the drugs.

This album will especially forever be in my heart, it kept me company on many cold nights in my lovely student apartment in the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_a_qCQrXZo

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yessss. I only listened to the last Alcest album like one time for some reason. It seemed great, I’ll have to remember to put it on soon.

You really should. Kodama might just be his best record.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Groke posted:

As is usual, they were at their best when the front man was hosed up on all the drugs.

This album will especially forever be in my heart, it kept me company on many cold nights in my lovely student apartment in the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_a_qCQrXZo
Yesssss! :swoon:

Never is Forever, rear end Cobra and especially Apocalypse Dudes are perfect "pick your poison and go OFF" records. I've been worming the idea of playing "Age of Pamparius" into my death metal bandmates for like a year, and I think we might include it on our setlist for the next couple shows in August.

Fenrir posted:

You really should. Kodama might just be his best record.
I saw Alcest this past Thursday. They played the whole record (minus "Notre sang et nos pensées"; which is understandable, since it's a bonus track). Thanks to it and what happened afterwards, it was probably the best night of my year so far. Also, I swear I saw a girl dressed as San from Mononoke Hime (from which the album draws plenty of inspiration off, up to and including the name), but I was too entranced by the music to confirm. Sadly, no Ashitaka. :shobon:

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Has Neige even played metal in the last like 5 years? he's been doing all that post rock/shoegaze sounding stuff for ages.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sounds like black metal guitar in a major key with incomprehensible mumblesinging. (E: I like it, though)

I'm torn on Peste Noire, though, because Famine's a shithead and in today's political climate do I really want to support fascists

Music fuckin' rules, though.

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jun 25, 2018

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

A human heart posted:

Has Neige even played metal in the last like 5 years? he's been doing all that post rock/shoegaze sounding stuff for ages.
Nope! Alcest got really popular (as much as you can get playing super melancholic post-rock, I guess) with the Explosions in the Sky-loving crowd and ever since around Les Voyages de l'Ame, Alcest has been his main priority, which I guess makes sense. I mean, they've been touring behind Kodama for 2 years. After finally seeing them live, I'm kinda jonesing for a new album, tbh. :peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Sounds like black metal guitar in a major key with incomprehensible mumblesinging. (E: I like it, though)

I'm torn on Peste Noire, though, because Famine's a shithead and in today's political climate do I really want to support fascists

Music fuckin' rules, though.

Nothing says “master race” like the accordion.