Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007

BSchlang posted:

Sorry that not everyone loves Black Sabbath, bro.

And no good albums of the year? Protest the Hero, Leprous, And So I Watch You From Afar, Sylosis, and Unearth have all put out sweet albums, and we still get to look forward to new stuff from Opeth, Mastodon, Megadeth, Dream Theater, Machine Head (gently caress you), plus whatever other more underground bands these threads introduce us to. 2011 has been my favorite year for metal in a long time, and Cynic's probably gonna drop something in early 2012.

BSchlang posted:

If you stick with metal, you'll probably start liking the more brutal stuff. Three years ago I thought death metal sounded awful, but I got really into Opeth for their proggier parts, just sort of tolerating the growls and stuff, but after a while I started to appreciate what it did for the music. Now I play Cryptopsy while I'm eating my breakfast. It just takes a while to overcome your initial reaction and be able to break it apart. It's a gradual transition for sure, though.

BSchlang posted:

I'm both nervous and pretty excited to hear how the Lou Reed/Metallica album "Lulu" turns out. My immediate fear was that Metallica would try to scale back and be more hard-rocky and we'd end up with another Load, but they seem really excited about it. Since it seems like they're almost embarrassed to remember their Load / Reload / St. Anger days (they pretty much never play any of those songs live), I have to hope it'll be metal.

If nothing else, it's a really interesting concept.

Look at all these terrible words

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU