Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
GWAR guitarist found dead:

http://stereogum.com/868681/r-i-p-cody-smoot-gwar-guitarist/obit/

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/11/03/breaking-gwar-guitarist-cory-smoot-aka-flattus-maximus-found-dead/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Just got back from the Dillinger Escape Plan / Mastadon show.

Dillinger was really good, though messy as hell and energetic. They played When Good Dogs Do Bad Things with Mike Patton! It was pretty nuts, I didn't know it was him until my friend mentioned that it looked like him.

Only stayed for 4 Mastadon songs. The audience was probably 50% old dad age dudes. Ugh, people really love Mastadon. I don't get it, why are they so great? Maybe I don't "get" it, but a lot of other sludge is so much better. It was really boring and my buddy and I decided to leave.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Pretentious Turtle posted:

I'm not a big fan of newer Mastodon stuff but holy poo poo I would love to see DEP with Patton.

I tried to take a picture but I have a lovely camera phone and was in the balcony seats.

Also DEP was a weird rear end band to have right before Mastodon. All the old people were getting up to buy poo poo after DEP played their second song.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Are bands still cancelling from MDF a month before the show happens? I remember the one year I went Cynic was supposed to headline, but they cancelled right before the show happened.