Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm way late on this one, but goddamn the remastered version of Rust in Peace is terrible. The vocals sound weird as hell, some of the lyrics changed and the end of Five Magics sounds like Grover is singing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Bruce Boxliker posted:

It always kind of sounded like that.

ok I'll give that much, but for comparison, both at the 4min mark:

Original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3g3veGjlp2g#t=242s

Remastered:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sioyljV8NfU#t=242s

Ouch.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

GreenAcidRage posted:

Machine Head, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Black Label Society (I guess..), Devin Townsend Project, Hatebreed, Gojira, Turisas. Not an amazing lineup by any means but I'd go see it, mainly for Lamb of God and Mastodon. Sounds like enough bands for a dedicated metal stage like last year, shame the headliners completely suck though. Turisas is good fun as well.

Edit: VVV I Feel loving ashamed to have missed that.

You're not excited to hear Cobra Starship perform the Snakes on a Plane song?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Looks like the first two parts of the new documentary by the guy who did Metal: A Headbanger's Journey and Global Metal are premiering on Much More Music in Canada tonight. His first two documentaries were pretty cool, probably worth checking out the new one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

QPZIL posted:

What's the new one about?

TV guide listing says the first two parts are about "Pre-Metal" and "Early Metal", so I'd guess it's a more indepth history of metal.

Edit: Just watched up to the first commercial break, looks like they're starting with a discussion of where metal came from, then will be launching into a study of metal subgenres over several parts. Should be fun, Sam Dunn has a knack for getting tons of musicians to do interviews.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 26, 2011

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Madox posted:

As incredibly cheesy as Virgin Steele is, The House of Atreus has really great songs (and a lot of really bad piano interludes). The first song I ever heard of their's was Agony and Shame and it blew me away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ljQS6Pej4

Edit: Also I can never get enough YOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWs in my music :D

That lead singer sounds like a strange hybrid of Dio and Prince. Still, with how much power metal I've been listening to lately new stuff is always welcome. I could totally see it growing on me.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Madox posted:

What other stuff have you been listening to? Maybe you got something new to me.

I've been listening to Sister Sin lately ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXw6UWJV1dU ). They have a great classic sound and the vocals have a lot of intensity. I'm always looking for similar new bands.

I've been listening to stuff while out of the house and my mp3 player was loaded in a hurry so it's largely been pretty standard stuff like Blind Guardian/Iced Earth/Dio/Demon's & Wizards/Manowar/Hammerfall/etc.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

Just gonna leave this here.

The video was pretty embarassing, but apparently it gave Hansi and Jon a chance to talk Demons & Wizards. Plus I can't be too hard on people for wanting to see Blind Guardian and Iced Earth twice each in four days.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Vintersorg posted:

IRON MAIDEN NA TOUR!!!
MAIDEN ENGLAND 2012 TOUR DATES:
29th July - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum

Oh god I need to arrange a trip to Vancouver NOW. Hopefully Bruce follows it up with a solo tour of some sort so I can cross 2/3rds of my must see before I die list off. (the other third was Dio :sigh:)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I've chosen the dark
I've chosen the night
I've lost hope of loving a day of life
The shades of night belong to me
I am at one with hell
Dead inside I watch the time pass
I await the coming of my day

A little late, but Black Trip is too hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

MrBling posted:

It's almost as if Iced Earth really isn't that good.

Maybe, but goddamn do I need a new Demons & Wizards album.