Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Oh man the new Sigh track sounds like they took Imaginary Sonicscape to hell. :woop: Official twitter linked to a youtube reupload so everyone who can't get at iPlayer can hear this.

Also as long as psychedelic black metal is on the table, Oranssi Pazuzu is a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Oh my god In Somniphobia is blowing me the gently caress away.

I have no idea how these guys keep pumping out amazing album after amazing album.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Feast of Burden posted:

They put out some incredibly rad stuff. I JUST got into them about the last month or so since I'm catching up on all the music I've forgotten to look in to, which is a lot. On that note, does anybody know where I can find anything similar to Crotchduster? I've been playing their only release NONSTOP for about a week since I found them (or him?), and I'm fiending for whatever this comedy / avant-garde / ??? metal this is.

Seconding the Carnival in Coal recommendation from above. You might also want to check out Dog Fashion Disco for some similar avant-garde "comedy" metal.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

It's got a few upbeat Gallows Gallery-esque tunes at either end of the album with a big long suite of spacey psychedelic stuff reminiscent of Imaginary Sonicscape in the middle. Definitely a unique beast though; describing it in terms of their previous material doesn't really do it justice.

Also there was a recent interview wherein Mirai said this could be their last album :ohdear:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

vanov posted:

Holy crap, nothing against Sweden and I'm glad that guy got probated. I'm glad to hear that Cpt. Spring Types!

Since Japanese metal was brought up, my experience in that area is exactly nil and I could use this thread's help with some recommendations! Beyond Intronaut I am into bands like *scrolls through iTunes* Baroness, Decapitated, Gojira, Hacride, Isis, Minsk, Mnemic, Neurosis, Scar Symmetry, Textures, and YOB, but not a whole lot else due only to pickiness/exposure.
If you enjoy Mnemic and Scar Symmetry, you might dig Blood Stain Child's blend of cheesy/trashy/fun-as-gently caress industrial melodeath.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Derek Sherinian was in Wayne's World, does that count? :downs:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

What an uncreative and boring gag. Nothing will ever beat idiots losing their poo poo on the forums when they added pages for Slipknot and Korn a few years ago :allears:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Bowels rain around me, brothers mutilated
Oh disfigured faces, flying army and bones
gently caress you bloody bastard, demon's raped soul
Die into oblivion with your lovely sons

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

the yeti posted:

Sigh definitely isn't what I was expecting.

Sigh isn't what anyone anywhere was expecting.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Defiant Sally posted:

Oh boy here we go

First single off Sonata Arctica's new album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nc2upc_erQ
"Oh yeah, and make the kid's tears black I guess"

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

That Jim Matheos mention reminds me – the new OSI is one hell of a record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LIXaZXab7I

I want to live in the world where Kevmo never parted ways with DT so loving bad.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Oh man the other track on that new Nachtmystium is a cover of my favourite Joy Division tune :woop:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Trees and Squids posted:

Does anyone have any suggestions for an album similar to Agalloch's White EP? The acoustic stuff is great, I don't really need it to be even remotely related to metal. I've also listened to Ulver's Kveldssanger which is really close to what I'm looking for, but the vocal delivery on that particular album is just not for me.

Empyrium's Weiland album is some pretty good dark neofolk stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy1bYc7Ua9c

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I know we're done complaining about bad metal about STALKER (the game) but The Ocean announced that their upcoming album is themed around STALKER (the film) and I feel like that's worth mentioning :colbert:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Do Farmer Boys count as Neue Deutsche Härte? Because I've always dug the hell out of them. Although I guess they also sorta lean towards the modern-gothic-metal side of things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwiky4DTXwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhune9cyoxs

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Houseplant posted:

So Katatonia's new album "Dethroned and Uncrowned" just leaked. I had no idea they were even making something new...

nihil morari posted:

Thanks for the tip : D

It's not exactly a new album, it's a stripped-down redo of Dead End Kings. Listening to the new version of The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here and it sounds pretty cool

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Mikkel from Mercenary caught me after a show years ago and bought me a beer as thanks for being "really into it" :3: And now I've remembered that they're an awful band now and I'm sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc1y5f0Fl80

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ancestors is good desert music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-_UgazNVQ

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I find it sorta hilariously sad that there are people who think "entry level" is a Thing in musical taste, t b h

e: this is an opinion brought to you by a player of no instruments and a knower of no theory.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

VarDovoli posted:

Kind of a stupid question isn't it? Looks as though you just want to pick apart what I posted instead of checking out the music. I was "wondering" how many in this thread are musicians because, most of the sheep listen to the crap that's fed to them on the local airwaves. Lot's of people that listen to metal actually play. I guess that by choosing the word "even," I kind of set myself up for this. I find it refreshing that there are so many posts here linking really good metal. I meant nothing more by the statement.
It is best in life, to only patronise art that is good; for example: Metal music, which is NOT crap for sheep to eat.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I think that telling people that you "hate" some kinds of music is generally a strange, and bad, thing, generally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

H13 posted:

Devin is god.
Actually, he uses humour, and ergo thusly he is a blemish upon metal's art's.