Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

Cheapsteaks posted:

Not a lot of metal comes from northern Kentucky, good OR embarrassing.

Is Louisville considered northern Kentucky? Cause Panopticon comes from there and the dude loving rules! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iax_VhmKqcU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Hey, for those of you who like Folk/Black Metal, Sorg Uten Tårer has his website up again. You can download all 13 of his albums for free. Here

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

I listened to a lot of Belphegor and some Nocturnal the past three days.

Yeah, I also contemplated sacrificing to Satan to get the forums back.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
I am driving 6-8 hours next week two ways, and I need good driving music. I like my music to match my surroundings, and I will be traveling through plains, then desert, then mountains. Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Thanks for the replies everyone.

So far it looks like:

Plains-
Earth
Evoken(I hate the plains)
Funeral
Maybe some Korpklaani

Desert-
Nile
Orphaned Land
Myrath
Ancestors
Anciients
Alchemist

Mountains-
Ensiferum
Agalloch
Devin Townsend
Myrkgrav
Menhir

Metal makes road trips fun!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

You left out Kyuss and now it's fighting time.

Oh poo poo!

*AHEM*

*Desert-
*Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

No oceans in Colorado.

nerve posted:

lol no Tumbleweed Dealer get out kid

Goddamnit I'm not made of money.

Fenrir posted:

Enslaved

Enslaved and Vintersorg already have a loving place on my iPod. They get their turns when I'm skiing/mountain biking.

Are Enslaved good live? They sold out the last time they passed through, so I didn't get to see them.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

queertea posted:

I wish more bands would do multilingual stuff.

Arkona Na Moey Zemle featuring Manegarm, Obtest, Skyforger, Menhir and Heidevolk. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=rtUMD88q_zY

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Just found out Judas Priest is coming to town. What is the crowd ratio of gay bikers/dads/younger metal heads?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Fenrir posted:

I have tried to get into power metal but it's almost always the singers that ruin it for me. I know that's bizarre coming from a black/death guy who just hears screaming bullshit most of the time, but, poo poo... maybe that's just what clicks. I've given at least a cursory listen, and usually more, to any power metal band I've seen in here or that I've been recommended. The music is usually good, I just can't stand most of these singers. Especially the guys who are trying to sound like they're in an opera, jesus christ that hurts my ears.

That said, I do really like The Black Halo album by Kamelot, and not just the two or three songs that the dork from Dimmu fucks around on. That guy's voice is decent enough, and the music is fantastic.

e: VVV Yeah those vocals... really really bad. Ok, not *bad*... the dude sings well, but I can't stand it. I can't even describe what it is I don't like about them, and I wish I could because this would make a whole lot more sense. I think it has something to do with that high rear end vibrato that I usually associate with something like Shakira, but there's got to be something else and I'm not sure what the hell it is.

Maybe Matt Barlow on Iced Earth? Iced Earth gets a lot of poo poo, but Barlow (when he was singing) was usually good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LrGSIYAn9

edit: Since video isn't loading https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LrGSIYAn9c

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 24, 2014

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Back when Time was announced, didn't Jari say II was already recorded or am I remembering wrong? I thought I was supposed to come out in the fall and II the following January.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Déhà from Yhdarl, Clouds and Slow wrote me a nice email thanking me for purchasing his Yhdarl and Slow discographies. He seems like a really nice dude, so if you guys like Death/Doom/Funeral Doom/Drone, consider hopping over to his bandcamps and helping him out.

Yhdarl
Slow

Edit: Heart in right place, bad logic.

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 13, 2018

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
New Gaerea!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ooMJ1jUxw

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
New Batushka song/single. Seems to be from Hero/Thief singer's Batushka and not Poor Victim/Liar guitarist's Batushka.

Also, new Gaerea is steaming in full:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLu3WhpU5Z4

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

The Agalloch album/single Faustian Echoes samples the hell out of the 1994 Faust movie and it kicks rear end

Agalloch The White. "We carry death out of the village"

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

:effort:

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 27, 2021

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
BOLT THROWER!!!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
My life has gotten real lovely recently. Please post some funeral doom/death doom to help me get through it.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

instead of slow you should go fast

Nah fast is for gym/feeling good. Slow is for poo poo times/sitting in the dark in my room hating life.

Thanks everyone. Please keep posting good poo poo!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

Satan is a Helloween character and everyone in every metal band ever is a Helloween nerd.

Fixed.

Fake edit: actually kinda excited for upcoming Helloween album.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

New music Friday:

ATG is out on non-BC, melodeath
Drawn and Quartered, dm
Lost In Grey on non-BC, symphonic power
Noctambulist, dm
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter on non-BC, melodeath
Friisk, bm
Mannveira, bm
Concilium, blackened death
Enshine, melodic death doom
Dream Troll, trad
Diabolizer, tech death
Anthropophagus Depravity on non-BC, brutal death
Stress Angel, black/death/thrash/speed. Apocalyptic Raids type poo poo
Felled on non-BC, folky bm
Remote, stoner doom
Burning Darkness, meloblack. And strong contender for worst album art of the year
Godhead Machinery, blackened death

You should know me and my former boss love you. Keep doing God's/the Gods'/Satan's work!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Officially no, but they toured with an Estonian fascist sympathizer band who they call old friends and cry about it whenever fans ask them about it or various similar issues. One of those cases where I wouldn’t call someone a nazi but would absolutely classify them as a shithead.

In 2008 (holy poo poo), Ville Sorvali made
this video with Héri of Týr definitively denying Nazi connections. I know it's super old, so did they change/grow more right?

Edit: I'm repeating what was already said. I'm upset because I really like Moonsorrow and don't want a negative connotation.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Does it count if the band is supposedly a satire/parody?

I don't know anything about Steel Panther but they are apparently mocking the glam rock/metal lifestyle?

They put out this interview and I honestly don't know how to take it.

interview posted:

"Well, I don't know about the whole misogyny thing, but if we did have a girl in the band, I would love to be able to gently caress her when I can't gently caress somebody else, so that's a cool thing.

"And if we get a girl in the band, the first thing that we got to do at the audition is for her to suck all of our dicks."

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Listened to Yngwie's newest, Parabellum, last night at the gym (shred is not good lifting music). A couple of killer songs: (Fight) The Good Fight

Sea of Tranquility

^^^two of my favorite of his songs.

But. this sounds too much like Vitamin C's "Graduation" for it to be coincidence. I bought it digitally so I don't have the booklet and can't find any credits to know whether he straight up stole the melody or not.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Cynicus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjlaQR8DaTM

reminds me of this. arguably the best album cover in metal.

False. Black bear.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
"While we all have lots
of bands who influence still,
we all rip off Meshuggah..."

-Devin Townsend

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Besides Drudkh, what are some good Ukrainian bands I can support by giving money to?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

Ghost has never performed with Phish, Kid Rock has.

Is this a Kid Rock is cooler or a Ghost is cooler argument?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

there were good bands and good songs in there. I'll maintain that for all the jokes tossed at them Drowning Pool had way more talent than most of the other bands of the time and the singer dying was a drat shame.

Someone posted this https://youtu.be/u8ccGjar4Es
in the PYF funny pictures thread and I can never listen to Drowning Pool again without hearing it instead.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Lulu best Metallica album.

And aWay I go...

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
I need running music. What are some songs that go hard for 10+ minutes? 15+ minutes, ideal.

To clarify, interludes are ok but they can't be long (I lose motivation super quick because I'm a bitch)

Songs I've been using so far:

Blind Guardian- And Then There Was Silence
Arkona/Аркона- На Моей Земле/Na Moey Zemle/In My Land

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 3, 2022

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
"Vahalla!
Deliverance.
Why've you ever forgotten me?"

REPEAT FOR 5 MIN (even when the band stops playing)

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
"Welcome to today's 1930's baseball comedy routine between the New York Yankers and the Boston Red Sucks. To start off, me and my partner, Whacky Over-reacting guy, will go over the players. We have The Hu on first, The Who on second and Yes on third. Whacky Over-reacting guy, any questions so far?"

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
What was the name of the First Nation black metal that released a couple of months back? My upcoming Bandcamp Friday spending spree already has a number of FN bands (Nechochwen, Biipiigwa) and I'd like to throw them money as well

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Blackbraid is the really hyped one you're probably thinking of, but there's a whole wave of indigenous acts in the past couple of years and only some of them are also Nazis.

Yeah that was it. Thanks!

Don't want to open the can 'o worms, but how can FN bands be Nazis? It'd be like one of the Botswana bands recording NSBM.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wait till you hear their side project, Crasen

Stay out of my metal, Ocean Spray! :mad:

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Are Instagram links ok? If not, I'll remove.

St. Anger snare sound

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

what has "viking metal" been up to recently

Amon Amarth- the Vikingest Viking Metal Band that ever Metalled https://youtu.be/Je3EcJhxUP8

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you would figure people would learn not to give junkies their money

I mean we all gave Lowtax $10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

henpod posted:

If you guys like soulfly-ish tribal metal, these guys seem pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crklp_mUeFc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX66TtJtNXM

Any other bands with cool tribal drums, flutes and so on?

Cemican https://youtu.be/9UTRDQtpgL8