Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Finally getting to see Skeletonwitch tonight after missing them two years in a row. loving ready.

edit - was somewhat ready (apparently some bands couldn't make it so they came on before we could :420: and drink a bit), they put on a rager of a show. New album drops this fall and they played a track "Burnt to Bone" off of it. Sounds pretty good

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

nerve posted:

Is it out somewhere?

If so, Hail Satan, I have some searching to do

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Confirmed!

I'll be at the Albany date, missed Amon Amarth twice now and I don't plan on doing it again

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I don't even know how many times that's been posted in here, but it makes me happy every time

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
They're "opening" for Maiden at some festival in the UK, makes me lol

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Fenrir posted:

Yeah, that.

Also, it's finally here, been waiting a few months now for this:

So hyyyype.

gently caress. I forgot this was tonight. Looks like it's time to change my plans

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Funny part is I won my tickets on WCDB like ten days ago and it already slipped my mind. If I do make it I'll be the fat bearded guy in the Pig Destroyer shirt

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I wish I could hear Blood and Thunder for the first time again. gently caress that gets me amped up

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Drunk Canuck posted:

Metal gate made me have to interact with people that feel change is evil and that I'm actually the bad guy for forcing progressive views. In other words, same old poo poo.

Anyway I'm flip flopping on going to see Opeth, In Flames & Red Fang, worth it?

I would pay to see Red Fang and then get out before the parking lot traffic starts

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
God Satan? bless all of you for posting good music lately. Keep it coming. Really digging Dead Congregation, Destrage, all the prog stuff posted earlier, basically everything. Merry Christmas y'all

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Didn't see any great shows in 2014 but my brother got us tickets to catch out High on Fire in the middle of January, gently caress yeah. Great start to '15

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Hammer Floyd posted:

So I got Fleshgod Apocalypse's album Labyrinth because I thought the song Epilogue kicked rear end (which it does)

I just wish the rest of the album...y'know...did other stuff as well.

It was fun for a little while but yeah, I'm over it. Still trying to perfect Prologue on acoustic but my hands don't want to cooperate

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
It's me I'm the fat guy- I'm not trying to hurt people though, just run around and yell a lot. Sorry if your brittle little bitch self gets in my way.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
This is my default "wear under a sweater" shirt for the two times a year my wife asks me to go to church with her. I'm so edgy/gently caress you dad/etc.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
My favorite little hardcore/metal venue is closing :( Got to see a bunch of good shows there over the last ten-plus years, this is kinda lovely. Only saving grace is that the final show is going to be an incredibly hardcore show with a wrestling theme, half off dressed as your favorite wrestler. Last one standing is forever the champion of the club. People are gonna fuckin' die

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Metal thread I don't keep up anywhere near as much as I should but I was recommended Alkaloid's debut album and incidentally it loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ4YCs9fzmY

edit - also

Vintersorg posted:

Napalm Death have stayed pretty drat consistent.

should be quoted because it's true

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 8, 2015

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Enjoyed radio rock, brothers got me into punk and hard rock, then my friends pulled me into the local highschool band scene (iirc it went punk/hardcore -> metalcore -> grindcore over a few years). That was my entry point. I remember getting heavy into prog poo poo after my brother got home from his first semester at uni too

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
38 years old, that's loving bitter.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I enjoyed the offerings from BTBAM and Horrendous this year. Bonus points for Symphony X because I spun it like eight times chillin' on the beach during a vacation.

e- and points for Nile since it got me through a 7-hour drive to said beach. Started with the new album and then dug back into their discog.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I cannot get enough of the new Baroness album, this is so cash

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I really liked Scenes from a Memory but nothing else ever stood out for me. Haken fill my prog metal needs anyway

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Vargatron posted:

itt we all post our burned CD playlist ca. 2006 (or whenever the gently caress you were in high school).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKxtTPQ1Q8

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Re: female metal artists, I think Kat Katz' vox are amazing- her tracks on Pig Destroyer's latest album were some of my favorites and the new Agoraphobic Nosebleed EP is getting spun like a top in my house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBngZL0gfec

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Vintersorg posted:

Ugh, im skipping thru and it all sounds the same! Goddamn, Immortal sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeOlPQqJR-o

Thanks for posting this, I've listened to it a few times before but it's snowing and I'm in a lovely mood and hail Satan

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Just found out Black Fast are playing a pretty small club not far from me on Sunday. How are they live?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Prowler in the Yard was my first exposure to grind and I still love it to this day. Also can't recommend their newest album Book Burner enough either

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I fuckin' love Pig Destroyer

quote:

I hold your hands
in mine
The rest of you
is scattered all over

Your rib cage is open
like a great white's jaws
Your legs look so sexy
out of context

My wife really appreciates when I tell her that last bit

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Trees and Squids posted:

Not sure if there are many in this thread that would appreciate Haken, given the totally justified comparisons to Dream Theater, but I've been following them since Aquarius came out and they're probably Top 10 for me (along with Gorguts :v:). Their new album Affinity is fantastic. The Architect and 1985 stand out in particular for being loving prog masterpieces. 1985 had me grinning like an idiot throughout, and one Europe-inspired synth interlude in the second half of the song had me laugh out loud. Good poo poo.

The Architect is great and I'm in absolute love with Earthrise. Solid album imo

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Listen to Bolt Thrower motherfuckers

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Caught Megadeth at a fest last night, they put on an alright show. Did a moment of silence and Dave took a bit of a break to compose himself, it seemed. At the end he left with an "I love you" to everyone and it was p. heartfelt.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I should also mention that I went with my mom so she could see Collective Soul / Shinedown and I dragged her to Ghost for a laugh. I kinda liked it. The singer sounds like that chef from Sesame Street

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

DeusExMachinima posted:

OK so here's the tracking listing for Ghost's Popestar EP coming out on Friday.

1. Square Hammer
2. Nocturnal Me
3. I Believe
4. Missionary Man
5. Bible

Tracks 4 and 5 will probably be irony overdoses or something. If the other songs are like Square Hammer it should be good/barely metal.

My 52yo Mom is so excited for this EP that she wore her Ghost shirt out to dinner tonight. Target demographic et al

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Omnikin posted:

Listen to Bolt Thrower motherfuckers

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm a Haken fanboy so just listen to their discog and try not to tear up when you're forced to miss their NYC date a month ago because your baby was born a month early. Not salty or anything.

The Mountain > Restoration EP > Visions = Affinity > Aquarius imo

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I think their Restoration EP was my favorite material before Affinity was released

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I was sorta lost for stuff to listen to at work this morning, thank you thread for making me see the light again

e - BOLT THROWER

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Hell yeah, Municipal Waste- I saw them in a small club with a small crowd of very enthusiastic people and then in a large club with a large crowd of very enthusiastic people and they were two of the most fun shows of my life.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Several years ago I asked for metal recommendations from an old internet friend who sent me a lengthy list. I remember three tracks specifically: Phobophile, Night's Blood by Dissection, and Girl in the Slayer Jacket by Pig Destroyer

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
More AOTY lists please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Thank you everyone. Holiday season at work skews towards endless data entry so it's a great time to get my listening in.