Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
my brother just released his first EP

if any of you browsed 4chan waaaay back in the day he is the guy who did the Shoop Da Whoop powermetal song

if you like big cinematic weird powermetal this will suit you.He's got a great voice. lots of Whitesnake et al influence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne07LDf2jiI

also his band Colibrium is worth checking out if you like prog rock/metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
Not sure if right thread

So I've been jizzing over Archspire for about 6 months now. (only just discovered their 1st hidden album on youtube this morning) Saw them live, blew my mind etc etc. My other musical inclinations at the moment are

Aborted
Infant Annihilator (gently caress the new album is a loving masterpiece)

I also discovered a band on Spotify called First Fragment that I loving love.

Unfortunately my spotify recommendations have been really off so that's about all I have at the moment.

Can anyone else recommend any extremely technical, clever brutal tech-death that's not stupid noodly (not big fan of Rings of Saturn), amazing drumming and 16 string guitars and 48 string fretless basses?

Archspire is top of the pile, I just dont want to get sick of it so the other bands I've listed have been filling the void till I find something else...

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 30, 2020

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

Wachter posted:

Bands that kinda scratch the same itch as Archspire are

Alter Beast
Gorod
Obscura
Beyond Creation
Necrophagist

, although these bands aren't what most death metal fans would call brutal technical death metal. For that, you want

Cryptopsy
Defeated Sanity
Decrepit Birth
Disgorge (US)

, but be aware that this is a distinctly different sound.

Thanks to both you and CRIP EATIN BREAD, I found that Beyond Creation hasn't quite scratched that itch that First Fragment did (same bassplayer, I think?) I loving love insane noodly bass lines.

I'll check out the rest of your list... I'm leaning more towards intelligent song writing than just slamming bangers but I do like a good chugga chugga every now and again. Archspire's songwriting is just so thorough and immaculately composed, I can't flaw it.
Thanks.