Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

My 2011 best list has really been honed down to four albums I can't stop listening to: Skeletonwitch, Origin, Hate Eternal and Obscura. There was some spectacular death this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

SoP's Incurso is good stuff, but I'm feeling a lot of the same reactions I had to last year's Origin and Obscura albums. Nothing's blowing me away quite on the level of Entity, but I can tell Incurso is probably gonna grow on me.

edit: It grew on me, Incurso's pretty fuckin' awesome.

MMF DOOM fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 9, 2012

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

The new Black Breath is loving awesome. Anybody else checking this out?

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

Killsion posted:

I've heard mixed things. I'll check it tomorrow. Kind of feel it should be in the hardcore thread also...

Starts nearly exactly like Altars of Madness, and the album art and general rear end-kickery scream Kill 'Em All. It feels right at home here.

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

cloudline posted:

I've honestly never listened to Gorguts before this week. I have no idea why. But holy fuckdamn, Colored Sands has been on repeat this entire time. I can't get enough of this! I really wish I'd paid more attention when it came out. It's so good!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Get Obscura immediately.

Echoing this so hard. It will rewrite you.

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

Gamma Nerd posted:

That's as good an explanation as any for why Worlds Beyond the Veil is a goddamn great album.

Is it just me, or does it seem like Decrepit Birth's Diminishing Between Worlds curbs so much from this particular album? Even the album art is similar.

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

Or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3es2ob1ZIfc

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

MrBling posted:

Is there really a lot of demand for Obscura?

Seems a weird thing to re-release.

I'll fuckin' buy it again.

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

The new Defeated Sanity album is awesome. Both halves.

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

Speaking of "that riff" death metal, Erik Lindmark from Deeds of Flesh died. RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF DOOM
Sep 3, 2007

i  am
the  god  of
hellfire

Speaking of NSE where did Iniquitous Deeds get off to?