Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!

Dead Man Posting posted:

A few years back there was a video posted of Native American influenced metal. I've seen tried to locate it again. I believe it was kind of doomish/folk.

Also looking for any metal that sounds like Agalloch's The Mantle album. I especially like the motif of using sound clips from films in the song if you know of any that do that.

Sounds like Blood of the Black Owl to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmBbGpsUOIU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!
I just woke up for the second day of Kill-Town Death Fest after Drowned and Rottrevore completely destroyed my face last night. The lineup is absurdly good; gonna see Lantern, Pentacle, Tribulation and Exhumed tonight. Quite excited!

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!

Spanish Manlove posted:

I've been liking modernish grind lately but haven't really heard much aside from the entry level poo poo, you guys got any decent recommendations?

Insect Warfare's "World Extermination" is pretty much the only grindcore album you'll ever need. Lots of other good stuff out there, but that album just destroys.

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!
So, if you're in Houston near the end of the month, this thing looks like it's going to be kind of really loving cool.

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!
New Adversarial album coming out in August. If it's anywhere near as good as their half of the split with Antediluvian, it's going to crush. Dark Descent released a preview track, and drat does it sound promising to me: https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/track/adversarial-eonik-spiritual-warfare

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!
Undergang's new album is out in less than a week. Preview track has me stoked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkWj7Fn2iDM That super-low, super-heavy, filthy guitar sound is probably my favorite thing ever, so if anyone has any recommendations along the lines of this, Coffins and Funebrarum, I'd be a most grateful little bastard.

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!

Holy poo poo, this is going to be excellent.

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!

comes along bort posted:

Knowing very little about Disma or that there was even a west coast MDF, from what I can tell after five seconds of googling is that the singer did a side project where I guess he sang about how cool Nazis were or something, so now his main band gets booted from various shows.

That level of reaction seems a bit silly considering Scott Hull's bands play MDF practically every year and he was in Anal oval office.

The difference being that Anal oval office's Nazi sympathies always came off as an elaborate joke (regardless of whether it actually was). Craig's project appears on its face to be a glorification of Adolf Hitler, and when he's questioned about it his response is "gently caress OFF, LIBERAL FAG"

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!

funeral fag posted:

one of the times anal oval office really went beyond the pale was with the song about eric clapton's kid and even that made me laugh because i am retarded

AxCx's existence is justified if only for making one of either Opie or Anthony utter "They did NOT write a song called 'Ha Ha Holocaust...'" in sheer disbelief.

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!

Wyzt posted:

Insect Warfare - One of hte other bands I went for, insane show. Rahi is the greatest front man ever, no one tops his between song banter in either this or War Master.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkT7TCF8hfQ

This isn't just stage banter, either. This is just how Rahi behaves in general. Dude is a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!

hopterque posted:

How do you not know either of those bands.

Spanish Manlove posted:

And how would In Flames not be notable part of his resume compared to Trivium and Dark Tranquility?

In his defense, these are all terrible, terrible bands.