Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."

Gorilla Radio posted:

Which is ok, but has led me to the :nws:GREATEST BLACK METAL VIDEO EVER!!!.:nws:

The Satan of Hell is even better if only to see them prancing about in the snow, often face first. I'm sure they'd get tiring after a while but as long as they keep on doing videos the way they're doing I'll always find it...uh, awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

I dunno, I realize that MaSu's vocalist tends to sound like he's out of a generic 90's radio rock band, but it hardly bugs me all that much.

It would sound kind of strange without him, really.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

I remember seeing some really strange music video of him on some cosmic train or something and it must have turned me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-DKs0qfdEk

Juular being mentioned in this thread some time ago is what got me into Devin in the first place. As such I never really understood why everyone says Deconstruction is so hard to get into.

But yeah, as everyone's been saying (including yourself!) you really can't go wrong with this guy.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

As far as plot albums I'm ridiculously fond of Angra's Temple of Shadows, and astoundingly ambivalent towards their entire remaining discography.

Everyone seems to swear by Kamelot's Black Halo, but don't forget the first half, Epica.

That being said power metal is pretty much my main thing anyway and even I can really only listen to like four bands more than once. These are two of those four. The other ones were Blind Guardian and...

Actually I guess it's just the three.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

Crazy Larry posted:

Apparently Angra has a new album coming out at the start of next year with Fabio Lione on vocals. The tracks that are floating around are kind of bland though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wIqIRK5ynM

Really not feeling the vocals or the lyrics. Or that...bee. Thing.

But always nice to hear the sort of guitar work that kicks in around halfway.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

H13 posted:

Hello thread.

I saw Devin Townsend last night.

I was a bit iffy about it because I kinda...hated his last 3 albums. However, prior to those 3, I practically worshipped the man so I still had to go to check it out.

He was loving awesome. Wide ranging setlist including 3 SYL songs which were fuckin' nuts.

So yeah. Go see Devin Townsend live. He still kills it.

On my way to see him tonight, actually, and that's good to know! Still worried how my MS is gonna treat me in a standing room only venue though I gotta try and tough it out anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

The Kins posted:

Its usually worth asking the venue in advance if they can do any accessibility stuff. A mate of mine has trouble standing for long periods of time and when he goes to big shows at concert halls he’s usually able to wrangle a seat with a decent view (like near the soundboard).

I'll definitely have to do that next time for Blind Guardian at the same venue, but we got lucky there was a bar at the back of the 'seating' area that actually had stools so we camped out there the whole time. And yeah I came prepared with the 3M plugs someone was swearing by earlier in the thread.

also thank you for all the cool doom mods over the years, on top of the advice!