Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

BSchlang posted:

Are there any good metal bands that sing or growl in German? It's a harsh sounding language as is, so I want to see how well it works in metal.

Belphegor do some songs in German and it pretty much always sounds awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPidQe4VOM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Haggins posted:

I'm curious to know what other people's all time charts look like. This is from 3 years of mine:

I'm not the most regular poster in this thread, but I lurk a lot and have had a last.fm account running since the gently caress-end of forever.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Defiant Sally posted:

Ive been blasting some good death metal tapes lately and most recently the new Vallenfyre album. Im in the mood for some more stuff with that sick chainsaw guitar tone like you hear in Bloodbath and Vallenfyre. Any suggestions?

Some goon many pages ago posted his band "Cult of Endtime" which also has this guitar tone and I loving love it. poo poo owns for lifting weights.

Preferably in the same style, tempo, etc. but im not picky.

Bands like Infernal Revulsion, Isacaarum, God Amongst Insects, Paganizer, Vomitory, Helcaraxë and Skinless come to mind.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

CM Funk posted:

Is this the thread where I freak the gently caress out because Meshuggah announced their new album for March 27 2012? Because let me tell you something

It's like Christmas is coming at the end of EVERY month now :allears:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I loving love "Darwin Falls", probably the best "out-there" grind album since Tusk and "Tree Of No Return" way back when.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

The new Green Lung is absolutely amazing, holy poo poo.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Worm Shepherd was surprisingly good, kinda like Monolith Deathcult without the poo poo sense of humor and occasionally they dipped down to some really deep brutal stuff.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

Now I'm thinking about Triumvirate and how good it is.

My favorite thing about Monolith Deathcult is a comment under a single off their newest album. Someone said "Really love the new sound you guys are going in," and the band responded "We aren't, this is the same as the last two albums?"

Haven't listened to V1 or V2 but V3 was solid, apart from the faux-Alex Jones intro/outro skits. If the two earlier ones were more of the same, sounds like a solid pickup to me.

And yeah Trivmvirate owns hard. "I Spew Thee Out Of My Mouth" has been on a ton of personal playlists since the release of that album.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

New Abyssus is a really neat little thrashy death metal album. Bits from early Obituary and Dismember.

https://abyssusgreece.bandcamp.com/album/death-revival-death-metal

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I must have missed quite a few albums, because that new Krallice record sounds like uninspired rear end. What the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOc4w8BOmLE

boring video but blame covid for that, Venom Prison whips and the new album loving owns

Hell yeah, gave this a listen today and can confirm it absolutely whips. Some beautiful mayhem happening mid-album.

A friend turned me onto this absolutely amazing trad/doom album from a debuting band in Indonesia, chunky and solid as hell

Jawless - Warrizer