Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
I saw Agalloch a year ago on their European tour, and it was easily one of the greatest live shows I've ever seen. I am a huge fan of them in general though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
I like Deafheaven, is there something wrong with me

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
I've never heard of these guys before, but I loving love this album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO02VJEYYEk

Ukrainian band playing atmospheric folk metal mixed with neo-folk/post-rock or something like that.

Obfuscation fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 10, 2015

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008

Chromatic posted:

Props to whoever recommended Mechina a few pages back. So far they sound like if Fear Factory(the good years) developed a huge interest in symphony soundtracks and space exploration and wrote from there.

It's cheesy, cornball metal but I like it.

Yeah I thought it sounded silly at first but it's slowly growing on me too. I helps that I always like cheesy concept albums.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Speaking of bad singers, I've been listening to the live version of Ayreon's Human Equation that was released this year and it's really surprising how good James LaBrie is on it. I've heard bunch of Dream Theater live recordings and he always sounds terrible on those, maybe he actually gave a gently caress for once.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Last metal release I bought as a cassette was Load by Metallica b/c I was a dumb kid who didn't own a cd player in 1996

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Holy poo poo a new Summoning track, why didn’t I know about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcaI_3aJ9NI

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008

I was very distressed when they didn't drop an album this new years. If you can't even trust Mechina's release schedule, what can you trust in this hosed up world

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Khorada album is out, owns

https://khorada.bandcamp.com/album/salt

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008

Nazzadan posted:

Full details are remasters of the original tracks, a new instrumental b-side from the same sessions, and 4 new re-recordings of Clayman, Bullet Ride, Only for the Weak, and Pinball Map.

Jeez, I though they would be re-recording Clayman, the entire loving album, instead of just couple of songs.

Where's my Satellites and Astronauts 2020

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
My favorite post in metal thread was a dude who searched Spotify for Ash Borer and it suggested ”rear end boner” instead

Must have been like 10 years ago and I barely even read this thread, I don’t know why I remember that and how it’s still so funny to me

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

And new Flesh of the Stars :)

Yes we are selling candles (if you’re in the states).

It's good

Also I really wanted to say that Mercy is loving fantastic, I listened to it for the first time couple of months ago and it's honestly one of my favourite releases of the last couple of years. So thanks I guess.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
It always blows my mind that City was released 25 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
I got Spotify message from Ayreon, that dude looks old nowadays