Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Echoing the Baroness love. Red Album and Blue Record are both fantastic, although I need to spout some love for their EPs as well: First, Second, and A Grey Sigh in a Flower Husk (a split with Unpersons). They're all fantastic.

Also, I'm enjoying the new Mastodon so far, but it's certainly different. But then, I like different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008

metachronos posted:

Really like Blasteroid. I dig the bluesy riff and it sounds almost poppy at parts.

Yea, it sounds pretty upbeat and, like you said, almost poppy, but the lyrics are sort of creepy, which just makes it even better.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Yea, they have a double album, Yellow & Green, coming out in July. It's great to hear that they put on a good show, I want so bad to see them live.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
They're a progressive sludge band, yeah. They display some NeurISIS worship tendencies sometimes too. Still pretty out of place with Meshuggah, but everyone I know who's into Baroness is apathetic at worst when it comes other genres of metal, so different strokes I guess v:shobon:v

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

:stare:

Holy poo poo please tell me this moron doesn't get paid to write this shlock.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Misogyny is just the bee's knees :frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Finland what the gently caress.