Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
I love Alestorm. It's simple, fun, catchy music. Plus they've got some chops too, as shown in songs like 'Leviathan' or 'Chronicles of Vengeance'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

These are absolutely amazing, thanks for this.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
Love the thread title change.

Also yes, the new Cattle Decapitation album is loving excellent.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
A shitton of good albums came out in 2012, my top ten would probably be (in any order):

Spawn of Possession - Incurso
Sigh - In Somniphobia
Cattle Decapitation - Monolith of Inhumanity
Agalloch - Faustian Echoes
Krallice - Years Past Matter
Ihsahn - Eremita
Anaal Nathrakh - Vanitas
Panopticon - Kentucky
Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage
Enslaved - RIITIR

Definitely hard to choose though, with all that came out this year.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

QPZIL posted:

Just FYI the new Watain album owns owns owns.

This, a thousand times. "They Rode On" is absolutely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008

Shao821 posted:

Just saw the last Wintersun show in Spartanburg on Friday. That Starkill was the opener attests to how crazy good this lineup was. If Starkill plays in your area, loving go.

I was there too, best concert I've been too in a looong time.

(Speaking of Maiden, I was wearing the Iron Maiden Killers shirt by the way, hah.)