Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheeze Kuyeh
Jul 5, 2008

i am monocle
Theres not really a lot you can do with power metal. Where other bands are broadening genres power metal stays the same.

Power metal, power metal never changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheeze Kuyeh
Jul 5, 2008

i am monocle

BSchlang posted:

If you stick with metal, you'll probably start liking the more brutal stuff. Three years ago I thought death metal sounded awful, but I got really into Opeth for their proggier parts, just sort of tolerating the growls and stuff, but after a while I started to appreciate what it did for the music. Now I play Cryptopsy while I'm eating my breakfast. It just takes a while to overcome your initial reaction and be able to break it apart. It's a gradual transition for sure, though.

Rock > Hammerfall > Iced Earth > Edge of Sanity > Bolt Thrower > Aborted.

Cheeze Kuyeh
Jul 5, 2008

i am monocle

quote:

metallica fanboy right here, love everything they've ever done until this. can't defend em this time. this is horse poo poo.
25 minutes ago · Like · 2 people

The facebook page is pretty funny. Metallica are the tabloid trash of the rock world.

Lots of dedications to Cliff, hit em where it hurts I guess.

Cheeze Kuyeh fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Sep 27, 2011

Cheeze Kuyeh
Jul 5, 2008

i am monocle

EvilMoJoJoJo posted:

Early heads-up for Londoners: Agalloch are playing the Underworld on 11th April next year. It's going to sell out (if last time is anything to go by) so get your tickets soon. It's their only UK date, too :(
http://www.last.fm/event/2071749+Agalloch+at+The+Underworld+on+11+April+2012

Got mine. Any goons also heading along? I don't know if my Scottish mates will make it down.

Plus £16 is a steal.

Cheeze Kuyeh
Jul 5, 2008

i am monocle
Needs Pelican and Animals As Leaders. Would they fit into a 'post metal' or prog section?

I personally would split black into new wave and older stuff, ie old: Burzum, Mayhem, etc; new: Wolves in the Throne Room, Nachtmystium, Watain.

Also a founding/historical band list? Death, Bathory, Venom, etc.

I wouldnt know where to draw a line under it.